• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Immune to opiates, but achieved full effect twice 12 years ago?

IforgotwhoIam

Greenlighter
Hello, I've been reading on this site I don't know since about 2004-2005 I think. My social anxiety and OCD is so bad posting this is like being broadcast on television and everyone is observing every letter I write and scrutinizing all these words back to back every syllable every letter, laughing behind their PC's at the non-coherent thoughts of the insecure madman(yes I'm severely mentally Ill, if some compassionate people say go to therapy, and get on medication I have been for 13 years, but It is very kind regardless) .... I haven't posted anything online in years for fear of well yea so here it goes, sorry for this off topic part helps ease into it.

Before I registered I looked it up. some people do write why do opiates/opiods not affect them, but I feel my story is a little different and couldn't figure it exactly out through other posts. I've shot dope about 12 times(gotten it from about 6 different dealers) with other junkies, sometimes alone, and while everyone gets jammed I just feel a tiny bit of warmth the smallest bit along with nodding and itching. No rush, ZERO euphoria,or comfort accompany the nodding and itching.

Last week I had a hefty amount of European Oxycontin's(first opiods in prob 5 years) and after the 4th day I took 400mg with no feeling(guess I was fed up), not even nodding at that point but much itching(I worked my dose slowly over the days to avoid returning to that which I came) I'm not advising that dose to someone who is opiate naive(which I was, hadn't used in year's) I'm just desperately looking for answers from anyone. Speaking of that I've OD'd on heroin 3 times because I just wanted to feel euphoria, and thought if I just kept going and going it would greet me. I didn't know that was all my body could handle, and block the effects.

It's like the effect is so mildly there, and I mean so mildly I can feel just a smidge of warmth but It leaves me wanting more. It happens with all opiates. The people replying to other posts about this said "why not stop while your ahead, If it has no effect whats the point? consider yourself lucky, or oh it must be your tolerance" but It doesn't stop me really for one reason or two reasons. 12 years ago I took a hydrocodone(forget the dose,was typical for my size) and it was like 50 times better than any opiate/oid I felt like I was surrounded by clouds and the consciousness of the beautiful warmth of being in my mothers womb, with comfort and bliss exactly like what I'm looking for now.

After that experience(It actually happened one more time with a percocet same year though) I can only imagine how strong heroin is if my body was being normal. I'm guessing if any one responds I will be asked what meds I am on and yea that might be part of the problem the literature shows some proof and some/many anecdotal experiences, but I can't rap my head around that for two reasons. 1. I've been on all SSRI/SSNRI(sp?)/TCA/some MAOI's for 12/13 years, so I just said yea it's the drugs, but when I went off them for years I tried to use opiates and the SAME thing happened! I can't understand it I would say im CYPD26(I think that's the one) deficient but than why have
I felt the "true" beauty of an opiate a few times in my life.

I'm horrible with paragraphs can't even understand when to use them..... Thanks for listening and hopefully successfully following this though. Any information and knowledge is appreciated. By the way those European Oxycontin were very legit, the ones you can still smash up and pick your poison with the ROA, they all work had the few people I know try some, point is they were legit. This also happens with PST in doses of 400-around- 800 no warmth just some itching(again when theirs no tolerance too) Thanks again guys. Let me know what/if rules I broke I tried to read everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to BL IforgotWhoIam :), I think you'll find a nonjudgmental atmosphere here so please feel free to speak openly. This is true for most of the site as well.

To be honest I don't think anyone can answer your question without a high degree of speculation. As far as the psych meds, maybe a cumulative effect had something to do with it after the 12/13 years of use. Your situation of not achieving the initial opioid euphoria is not uncommon and is the drive behind many an addiction. The wildly fluctuating potentcies of street H are hard to use as a metric, but with all the Fentanyl/ Fentalogues in H these days it's plausible to OD without euphoria.

I'll leave this open for now to see if anyone has experienced a similar situation but usually threads that collect endless speculation are closed right from the start. You might want to check out the -Mental-Health subforum as I think you might find more people with experience regarding multiple AD's and opioid blocking effects. Best of Luck and Stay Safe.

CYP-P450 pathway related issues wouldn't prevent heroin from being active, P450-2D6 deficiency is only of import in the case of prodrug opioids, such as codeine, tramadol, which must be converted via these pathways to an active metabolite. Most of the time it isn't going to stop you feeling the opioid. And definitely not in the case of heroin (which is a prodrug of a sort, in that it acts as a more lipophilic delivery system for getting morphine past the blood-brain barrier, but despite the common 'wisdom', this does not mean that heroin is in and of itself inactive until the ester groups are hydrolyzed. Actually it displays some different selectivity in terms of targeting Mu-opioid receptor splice variants compared to morphine, but in any case, this hydrolysis is not mediated by cytochrome P450 pathways, it doesn't take much to chew up an ester linkage, and the human body has various generic esterases at its disposal)

Aside from the antidepressants, are you on any other meds? because it might be easier to make suggestions if we know all the meds you are taking.

That's full effect... The rush is overblown. It's just getting out of withdrawals instantly.... Going from feeling so bad you want to die to feeling average. It's not something anyone wants