• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

immune to DXM or dissociative cross-tolerance?

captaintom

Bluelighter
DXM is something I've always been interested in since first reading about it on erowid when I was about 16. Since then over the years I have tried DXM about four times in increasingly high dosages. My latest attempt was 675mg, a dose which to a person of my bodyweight should have produced a third plateux experience. Sadly, even at this dosage, all I have felt is some threshold dissociative effects and a vaguely fuzzy body high. No spacial distortions, no wonky walk, no visuals, nothing of the sort in fact. I've always consumed it on an empty stomach and have tried potentiating with grapefruit juice and weed, nothing has worked. I'm starting to wonder whether this has any relation to my reasonably high ketamine tolerance. In the past I've used ketamine regularly if not habitually and require amounts of 250mg+ upwards to k-hole. Is my k tolerance preventing me from feeling the effects of DXM?

most likely yes. you could try higher doses, i too need large doses of k and need 1500-1700 dxm for 3rd. increase gradually and i think you could get there.

That is a very normal amount to produce a k hole, but there may be lingering tolerance.
DXM has some serotonergic activity so that should remain unaffected but NMDA activity might be.

Will someone talk to me? I am using DXM almost daily. I am not a typical user and am not familiar with a lot of the drug words used by most people in conversations. I'm not at all familiar with street drugs or party drugs. I am very intimidated right now by all this information, but I need to talk to someone who will listen to my specific questions and help me if you can. I am a 66 year old woman, retired and have used different prescription drugs all my life. Now I am using DXM for specific reasons and to feel good and just need a kind ear.