• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I'm trying to quit weed.

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
I have a hernia surgery next week and I was told to quit weed 10 days before. It's 7 days before. Would it make sense to take a extra pain pill or a ativan too feed this want for weed? I dunno my brain is upset with me for not getting high. It's a strange feeling. I just dunno what do I do if I don't use weed all night.. hmm. I just feel so lame I can't quit weed for one day or I mean I don't..I don't quit. Plus I also just don't want to quit until the day of sugary... But.. I've read it can show healing if you vape..
Any thoughts? Any tips to quit? Will it get easier?

I know cigarette smoking slows healing.
Were you clear about what you vape?

I just was asked to quit thc ten days before. I didn't try to explain vaping I just used the words I vape THC daily. Anyways I'm just wondering if it's as big a real to quit it today because I don't really want to quit. But then I think that's addiction taking from my past with drugs. I dunno I guess I just wanted advise. Quit don't quit. No matter what I'm quit five days before.. but what if I'm lying to my self and I don't know. I just worry a lot about stuff.

Last edited:
I'm not a doctor but I'm thinking maybe just cut back a bit and don't vape the day of surgery. Surely thousands of people have had surgery that never said anything about what they'd been doing.

That's what I'm doing except on my calander I wrote quit weed Monday. So it's Thursday. I might not be able to vape after the sugary... I don't know for sure. Because coughing could be painful. Maybe it's best to plan for everything and like you said at least cut back..

Have you considered taking edibles, which I personally find more holistic than smoked/vaporized weed? Also, I'm a bit dubious as well inre: quitting weed ten days before a surgery. Did they give a concrete reason, or just a general one like "it'll slow down the healing"?

I'm not a doctor but I'm thinking maybe just cut back a bit and don't vape the day of surgery. Surely thousands of people have had surgery that never said anything about what they'd been doing.

yea i smoked the day before an appendectomy - it doesn't make a difference - but im sure somebody here will say im full of bad advice so :shrug:

they didn't ask, so why would i tell them

:shrug:
ah ok, i just wondered because the mounting evidence for telling them is because it would appear that cannabis users need more % for sedation around 20% , but perhaps its just because cannabis users are more likely to be or have been poly substance users and acquired their tolerance elsewhere

ah ok, i just wondered because the mounting evidence for telling them is because it would appear that cannabis users need more % for sedation around 20% , but perhaps its just because cannabis users are more likely to be or have been poly substance users and acquired their tolerance elsewhere
Interesting.
I was a poly-drug abuser for years (since about age 14) and I've always had a high tolerance for novacaine & nitrous oxide. A couple times I had horrendous experiences at the dentist-- wisdom teeth extraction and root canal, for instance.
Both of those were decades ago. To this day I have lingering phobias about dental procedures and mouth pain in general.

I get shaky just thinking about it.
Gotta leave this thread now!

yea im not sure - everything im looking up about it points to some studies from between 2 and 3 years ago....might be the heaviest of heads causing a problem now?

it also looks like the main problem being if you consumed right before surgery - the only thing i can speak of for myself was smoking the day before surgery

i would think it would be totally fine to take a few rips the day before - i mean, in trauma surgery, they're not looking into it that deep, and holding off anesthesia because you may have taken a few rips the day before, right?

yea im not sure - everything im looking up about it points to some studies from between 2 and 3 years ago....might be the heaviest of heads causing a problem now?

it also looks like the main problem being if you consumed right before surgery - the only thing i can speak of for myself was smoking the day before surgery

i would think it would be totally fine to take a few rips the day before - i mean, in trauma surgery, they're not looking into it that deep, and holding off anesthesia because you may have taken a few rips the day before, right?
unless the anaesthetist just made a decision for you once you were under to give more because you showed signs of consciousness im not sure . Im getting 2 wisdoms out today had 48hr no weed (thats what they recommend) IV sedation wisdom teeth removal ill report back here i guess lol

Just sm vape as little as possible up until surgery.Or just quit. Then vape after. <3

It's mild doesn't hurt much of anything. However, ymmv.

My advice is not to be Mike Tyson out there, or snoop dogg. Granted they were smoking, Mike eating mushrooms before their performance or fight. That's not ideal.

But they lived and made their money.

Surgery is put on by medical doctors trained and influenced by big pharma. Weed before surgery, is probably equivocal to drinking a cup of tea. Just because the government made it illegal doesn't mean it's harmful.

My advice would be not to smoke the day of. But what would you rather for night before pre surgery anxiety. A xanax bar? or some cannabis?

unless the anaesthetist just made a decision for you once you were under to give more because you showed signs of consciousness im not sure . Im getting 2 wisdoms out today had 48hr no weed (thats what they recommend) IV sedation wisdom teeth removal ill report back here i guess lol

right and that's what i would think how it goes regardless

but of all the years you and i have been alive, combined with all the friends we have that toke, and then i used to work in surgery so i was even around anesthesiologists, have you ever heard of it being an issue before? i haven't and this is basically the first im even hearing about this

doesn't mean it can't be an issue but im gonna go out on a limb here and say its probably rare that even is an issue

good luck on those wisdom teeth

couple times I had horrendous experiences at the dentist-- wisdom teeth extraction and root canal, for instance.
Both of those were decades ago. To this day I have lingering phobias about dental procedures and mouth pain in general.
I had a tooth removed while in rehab, so they didn't give me anything but Novocaine.

They used the method where they basically crush the tooth with some sort of vice, then pull out the pieces.

I. Felt. Everything.

I can remember exactly what it felt like. Fuck.

Sorry if trigger 🫂

teeth pain GIF by Christina Lu