• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc I'm taking sertraline and i really need to get high

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxtrata

Greenlighter
What can i take along with sertraline to get high w/o risks?

Hello, my name is Gaston from Argentina and i'm currently on 50mg sertraline daily. I've been prescripted it since i've had an on-purpouse overdose with benzos trying to kill myself. I've been taking tramadol twice a week with 500mg each dose for about 10 months and this month on sertraline wasn't difficult at all, but now i feel the urge, the needing to take it again, or at least find another drug that would get me high but not let me in a coma state.

I've heard about alprazolam, but honestly i don't want to ever read that name again. I'm trying to find something like DXM or tramadol, not GABAs. I really hate being high on benzos, i hate that numb feeling, so please would you help me find a way out of this? I don't think it's safe taking 50mg of sertraline and 500 mg of tramadol, but i don't wanna take pills like Clona or Alprazolam.

Is dimenhydrinate safe? like 500mg of it, or less? or would it interact with my Zoloft?
Are you thinking in other drugs? Which ones?

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Recreational use of Tramadol on SSRI's is a big no-no. They both compete for the same liver enzymes and they both raise serotonin levels (besides being an opioid, tramadol is also an SNRI), so while serotonin syndrome and seizures are a significant risk with recreational doses of tramadol alone, that risk increases exponentially when combined with antidepressants.

Dimenhydrinate/diphenhydramine probably can't be considered "safe" in the first place (deliriants tend to be much less forgiving and much more risky than classical psychedelics, and I'd hesitate to call even shrooms or LSD "safe", despite their low physiological toxicity). That goes double for someone who is currently not in a good place mentally, and quadruple for someone on an SSRI, because diphenhydramine, too, inhibits the reuptake of serotonin (just compare the structure to that of fluoxetine, and you won't find that surprising).

And DXM is not just a dissociative, but unfortunately also - you probably guessed it - an inhibitor of the serotonin transporter, meaning it also becomes significantly riskier when combined with an SSRI.

Whatever you do dont take anywhere near 500 mg of diphenhydramine. Read erowid experience reports. I used to use it everyday and still id rather puking every thirty seconds for hours from food poisoning then take that much

so i can't take anything at all? i've already taken 50 and 50 of sertraline and benadryl and nothing happened but sleepiness

Hello Gaston from Argentina, land of Beef and Madonna.

I'm sorry, but we don't give recommendations on drug combos to get high, much less someone with a history of using them in suicide attempts. We're happy to share that nothing currently in your house will get you high, even all that nutmeg in the pantry will just make you throw up everywhere and smell like eggnog for a month.

Tramadol is another SRI, like sertraline. It isn't the best thing to take a lot of when you're already on a smallish dose of another, from the elusive serotonin syndrome. But that high dose of tramadol isn't safe all by itself. 500mg tramadol is the daily max (think its 450, actually), and that's spread out over the whole day.

Now, before you get any ideas, taking more won't necessarily lull you into a gentle sleep forever, you just risk seizures, that as luck usually has, will happen without warning while your family is around. They'll get you to the hospital safely, but if you've ever seen someone seize before, you know it'll scare the ever-loving-shit out of them, and you will be on 24/7 lockdown by your family afterward. Hopefully EMT arrives before you suffer any brain damage during the seizure.

If you mean benzodiazepines, they don't really interact with serotonin systems, and won't notice if you're taking sertraline or not. Benzos are also very difficult to off yourself with, as you've learned.

Then there's diphenhydramine, which I can personally attest won't hurt you at all in massive overdose. Even with sertraline, which doesn't interact with it much. But diphenhydramine won't get you high. Instead, if you manage to stay awake in the beginning, you will enter a zombie-like black-out state with vivid hallucinations, only a couple of which you will remember. It isn't fun or pleasant, and dangerous, since you may walk in to traffic or step off cliffs--basically you're sleep walking during a nightmare. You also won't sweat and you're mouth will turn to dust.

Dimenhydrinate (Dramamine, etc.) is just diphenhydramine with a mild, caffeine-like stimulant. It will do the same things, although overdose of the stimulant may cause heart problems.

DXM is problematic because it almost always comes in the form of a combo with either a sleepy-time antihistamine or with a lot of Tylenol/acetaminophen/paracetemol, which is toxic even without overdose. It won't get you "high" either, it's more of a "dissociative" that you'll probably find unpleasant. If you managed to extract it from your cough syrup.

If your sertraline isn't working out for you, talk to your doctor. SSRIs are notoriously bad at helping with a lot of depressive cases, and there are other classes available. Don't just suffer quietly until you snap.

And, there are drugs that interact with sertraline, sometimes dangerously. If you have a specific question about one, feel free to start a thread, either here or in BDD. Meanwhile, I have to close this one. You can also PM if you have questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.