PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I'm so conflicted on picking a psych for 1st time

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr noah

Greenlighter
Shrooms are the easiest to get in my area but I do know a couple people who can get me "LSD" and DMT. I feel like Shrooms would be great because I can know my dose and it's much shorter than LSD. LSD is much cheaper though but I don't trust my connection very much and would then have to go through the process of testing it, and i'm not going to try silk road because I live with family. DMT also intrigues me from trip reports and it's very short, plus I love that there is no come up. Any suggestions?

Kind of depends on what you're looking for. And if you live with your parents, I'd assume you're still in high school, thus I could almost guarantee you what is being offered as LSD is an NBOMe. Which are absolute shit.

Go with the mushrooms or DMT. But again, it's what you're looking for. DMT was my first psychedelic, and I was fine. But, DMT doesn't really have the introspective life-changing properties that mushrooms do considering the intensity and short duration of the experience. Ala you can be shown the key to life, or what life really is, but then when you come down you forget. Or if you don't, what you've been shown is so grand and universal, it's not really something you can apply to your daily life.

Shrooms.

How come shrooms are easy to get? Has someone picked them or do you know a guy who grows them? Shrooms are usually very tricky to get.

Mushrooms are a pretty good intro to the world of psychedelics if you dose correctly.
I'd say perhaps 1.5 your first time. Buy a 1/4 oz, and just work your way up slowly.

If your dissappointed by the experience with 1.5g, you can up the dose accordingly a few week later. Shrooms not grown yourself will very greatly in potency, so by buying a quarter of the same batch you'll have a better idea for upping the dose later.

I'd wait on DMT until you have a better understanding of what these substances do. It is very intense as I'm sure you already have gathered.

Just remember, set and setting are everything with these drugs, mind that, and you'll have a amazing time.
Safe travels ;)

I'm always wary of suggesting Mushrooms or Acid for a first time - both have the potential for a negative trip on a level greater than most other psyches. The 2-Cx series would be preferable, IMO.
OP: what are you actually after? As in, visual wonderland or introspective mind trek?

I'm always wary of suggesting Mushrooms or Acid for a first time - both have the potential for a negative trip on a level greater than most other psyches. The 2-Cx series would be preferable, IMO.
OP: what are you actually after? As in, visual wonderland or introspective mind trek?

this. i would recommend 2c-c if you can get it.

Shrooms.

How come shrooms are easy to get? Has someone picked them or do you know a guy who grows them? Shrooms are usually very tricky to get.
I suppose it depends on your area. In my region, it's super easy to get a hold of mushrooms, finding anything else is nearly impossible.

Mushrooms are a good intro to psychedelics. I always give people LSD first, simply because it's my personal favorite. But mushrooms were my introduction to psychedelics and it was a beautiful introduction. I did 2.3 grams my first time and it was perfect.

I would suggest mushrooms, they make a good introduction. As you said they dont last as long and also with todays RCs and what have you its probably best to start with mushrooms because there is less of a chance they will be something else. Acid is awesome but it does last a long time and today unless you know the person you are getting it from you have a chance of getting a research chemical and it would suck to have that taint your view of psychedelics. DMT is also amazing but it is nothing like mushrooms or LSD and it is more like shooting your brains all across the universe and then coming back together after experiencing all there is to experience in the past present and future. As you can see that may be hard to take a an introduction.

I suppose it depends on your area. In my region, it's super easy to get a hold of mushrooms, finding anything else is nearly impossible.

Why would it depend on the area? Do you mean you're in Holland? Or a tropical area where they grow all year round? Obviously in a temperate climate they only grow in the autumn - the rest of the year they don't exist. It's unusual to find someone growing enough at home to sell.

You can get both at the same time on mushrooms & there's little to no physical problems caused by mushrooms either. They have a greater potential for an extremely positive trip too. I think you need to be in a negative state of mind before taking them to get a 'bad trip' & even then it can be a learning experience.

Mushrooms

They give the best effect to introduce someone to the all-around effects psychedelics offer

I personally wouldn't recommend 2C-s as they seem to have a tendency not necessarily for bad trips, but just to make people uncomfortable, and they seem to cause HPPD more easily, though that doesn't really apply if you just do it once. Most people I see online seem to be fine with them but almost everyone I know IRL finds 2c experiences a little disturbing for some reason

LSD wouldn't be so bad but it lasts a long time and seeing as you haven't tripped before, if you don't like it would you rather be stuck in it for 5 hours or 10?

For those reasons it might be best to do mushrooms first cos they also bring you down quick and leave you feeling good, rather than a little strung out and needing sleep like LSD or 2cs which can be unpleasant especially if you're not experienced. Just my opinion from what I've seen, mushrooms were my first psych and I think that was a good choice. And one of the only things I would change about my drug use is I wouldn't have taken 2c-b, at least no more than 1-2 times

Out of the drugs you've mentioned I would go with the shrooms. I've always found LSD more forgiving but the risk of adulterated LSD is just too high if your not well connected and not willing to test it. LSD is also a bit more rough around the edges as far as bodyload goes, it's very clean but it can be stimulating and insomnia can last for hours after the effects wear off IME.

If your willing to purchase RC's, then 4-ho-met would be a perfect stepping stone before moving onto mushrooms. It's pretty similar, but tends to be more visual and forgiving. 2c-c is also a good first psych as it's easy on the body, decently visual, and has a short duration. I guess it's important to remind you that what works for other may not work for you, for example, I personally find 4-aco-dmt one of the friendliest psychedelics but my girlfriend frequently has dark trips on it

Why would it depend on the area? Do you mean you're in Holland? Or a tropical area where they grow all year round? Obviously in a temperate climate they only grow in the autumn - the rest of the year they don't exist. It's unusual to find someone growing enough at home to sell.
I don't know man, I'm in a temperate climate and not in Holland, but they're available year round quite easily. Other psychedelics are difficult to find but mushrooms are always available. Obviously what's popular and available changes depending on your area.

Kids these days have it so easy. In my day you got whatever drug was available and you damn well liked it.

Anywho, thread breaks the rules, "what should I take?", closed, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.