• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I'm planning on getting off a high dose of xanax alone. HELP

Jeez Louise! This is an old school Bluelight post lol! But down to business. That's a hell of a lot of xanax bruv, I mean are you going for a record? As someone has stated (I think) xanax is fast acting with a short half life so don't just suddenly stop taking them as your girlfriend will have to organise your funeral. That's not dramatic, it's a statement of fact. You're looking at a grand mal seizure if you suddenly stop. So if you got access, move to a longer half benzo like diazepam and start your taper there. Remember a half mg of xanax is about 10 mg of diazepam or thereabouts so good luck with that. The Phillipines isn't known for its tolerance of substance abuse as you say, I've heard they send out gangs to beat/kill speed addicts so be careful. Concerned that you're "running out of Xanax", Kava won't help. Pregabalin may aid in the prevention of seizures (which from personal experience, you don't want). I actually logged into this site to see if someone had a taper/equivalence chart for pregabs to aid in stopping valium use, my one remaining vice. Anyway, good luck. Sounds like you're pretty sorted otherwise and a long term Bluelighter which is always nice to see. Be interested in hearing about life in the Phillipines as my wife and I are looking to escape London and given I've paid off my mortgage got about $500k in capital to fund a relocation. Off topic I know but drugs are an issue and don't define who you are. Hit me up as I've been "through the wars" as well and always good to hear from a fellow warrior lol.
CC

I live in the Philippines and brought a lot of Farmapram bottles here from the US, which are REAL Mexican xanax 2mg bars. I don't mess with any street xanax bars since a lot of them are fake, and if they are real they are way too expensive.
I am an ex-heroin addict and was also on methadone. Heroin and opiates is actually my drug of choice. I got off of methadone back in 2016 and moved straight to the Philippines, since there are no opiates here whatsoever. BUT I am on kratom and been on kratom since 2018. I have no plans on getting off of kratom yet.
I went back to the US in the middle of 2019 and was planning on going back to the Philippines April 2020, but unfortunately the COVID pandemic happened and I was stuck in the US for a couple years. The pandemic really fucked with my mental health and I ended up getting addicted to xanax. The messed up thing is, once I got fully addicted to a HIGH dose of xanax/benzos, the Philippines finally opened up.. But I still came here with a bunch of Farmas. I am running out of xanax now and Im just tired. REALLY fuckin tired of life on xanax. It feels like I'm living in hell. Crazy symptoms like having sleep paralysis all the time for example.
When I first started i was taking 10-20 xanax and klonopins a day believe it or not. I have a HIGH tolerance when it comes to benzos. Before I went to the Philippines I ended up going to jail for a few days which lowered my tolerance. Since then I been taking around 5-7 xanax bars a day, which is still a lot.
I am living with my girlfriend at a condo here in the Philippines. I am planning on getting off of xanax here at the condo with my girlfriend taking care of me. I can't go to the hospital to detox because out here in the Philippines, they HATE addicts. I don't know if any of you guys know about the last president's war on drugs where tens of thousands of people were killed for being addicts or pushers (even for weed).
Anyways, I need some help and advice on how I can get off of these xanax bars here at my condo unit with just me and my girlfriend. I take around 5-7 xanax bars a day, maybe 6 on average. I guess you can call me a "functional addict" since I'm fit and go to the gym 6 times week and do martial arts. But I have so many goals I want to accomplish but this xanax addiction is holding me back. I guess I'm not functioning too well. People don't notice I'm on xanax whatsoever. Sometimes I take 10 plus if I'm having a bad day, smh.
Anyways, are there any meds or herbal supplements that can help me? What can prevent me from having seizures? I have a bunch of kava by the way, can that help? I have too many questions.. I just want just help and advice please. Thank you.

Taper off v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y if you can. I was only on 3 Xanax bars a day and had full-on grand mal seizures within 24 hours of stopping. Zero warning before the seizures, either, I actually felt fine.
One of the seizures I had, I was already in the emergency room waiting room due to already having had a seizure and I had another seizure that was so violent, I broke 6 ribs, cracked my orbital socket, broke my little finger and dislocated my shoulder. It also went on for over 5 minutes and they had to put me into a barbiturate coma to stop it. They said if I wasn't already literally in a hospital I would have died.
I'm not trying to scare you, just warn you to be VERY careful and take the tapering down VERY slowly.

^If you can't get into America, anywhere at all in Europe would help detox you in a hospital safely, too (and for about 1% of the cost).

good responses here, ya, benzo have to be carefully titrated. I really hope you can get a longer acting benzo and taper off.

Very carefully.

Just by the thread title I was gunna say fire away you aren't gunna overdose on alprazolam without mixing it with alcohol or something. So dont do that. Just alprazolam is very unlikely to cause an OD at almost any dose....someone back me up on this?

I remember a doctor saying I would literally choke to death on my kpins before the killed me as long as there weren't other CNS depressants in my system, hyperbole; perhaps. But I got it.

I mean no offense when I say "real mexican pharms" are often grossly underdosed. Look into there valium and you will get what im saying. Now is it possible the factory ships the 'goods' out just fine and they are switched god knows where (YES!) and you may actually have real 2mgs....

The #'s dont frighten me as much as what happens if you go without!