• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I'm planning on getting off a high dose of xanax alone. HELP

jrey

Bluelighter
I live in the Philippines and brought a lot of Farmapram bottles here from the US, which are REAL Mexican xanax 2mg bars. I don't mess with any street xanax bars since a lot of them are fake, and if they are real they are way too expensive.
I am an ex-heroin addict and was also on methadone. Heroin and opiates is actually my drug of choice. I got off of methadone back in 2016 and moved straight to the Philippines, since there are no opiates here whatsoever. BUT I am on kratom and been on kratom since 2018. I have no plans on getting off of kratom yet.
I went back to the US in the middle of 2019 and was planning on going back to the Philippines April 2020, but unfortunately the COVID pandemic happened and I was stuck in the US for a couple years. The pandemic really fucked with my mental health and I ended up getting addicted to xanax. The messed up thing is, once I got fully addicted to a HIGH dose of xanax/benzos, the Philippines finally opened up.. But I still came here with a bunch of Farmas. I am running out of xanax now and Im just tired. REALLY fuckin tired of life on xanax. It feels like I'm living in hell. Crazy symptoms like having sleep paralysis all the time for example.
When I first started i was taking 10-20 xanax and klonopins a day believe it or not. I have a HIGH tolerance when it comes to benzos. Before I went to the Philippines I ended up going to jail for a few days which lowered my tolerance. Since then I been taking around 5-7 xanax bars a day, which is still a lot.
I am living with my girlfriend at a condo here in the Philippines. I am planning on getting off of xanax here at the condo with my girlfriend taking care of me. I can't go to the hospital to detox because out here in the Philippines, they HATE addicts. I don't know if any of you guys know about the last president's war on drugs where tens of thousands of people were killed for being addicts or pushers (even for weed).
Anyways, I need some help and advice on how I can get off of these xanax bars here at my condo unit with just me and my girlfriend. I take around 5-7 xanax bars a day, maybe 6 on average. I guess you can call me a "functional addict" since I'm fit and go to the gym 6 times week and do martial arts. But I have so many goals I want to accomplish but this xanax addiction is holding me back. I guess I'm not functioning too well. People don't notice I'm on xanax whatsoever. Sometimes I take 10 plus if I'm having a bad day, smh.
Anyways, are there any meds or herbal supplements that can help me? What can prevent me from having seizures? I have a bunch of kava by the way, can that help? I have too many questions.. I just want just help and advice please. Thank you.

I know there are a lot of threads here that speak on this situation, but I cannot find anyone that's on a high dose like me.

My friend just told me microdosing on shrooms will help a lot. Shrooms are legal here btw. What do you guys think about that?

Sry autocorrect messed that.. U prob know it's a dangerous drug to do to quickly and def not to be stopped cold.

I know there are a lot of threads here that speak on this situation, but I cannot find anyone that's on a high dose like me.
Hey, yes there are a lot of threads but if a person needs support then starting their own thread like this is recommended. If you want ongoing support, advice and knowledge I would start a thread in this forum. (or maybe even ask a mod to move it there)

Good luck. My book knowledge says you have to taper slowly. I do not like responding to experiences I have never been through. But I also like keeping important threads alive. :) My book knowledge: you need more benzos and if you can get some of the other comfort meds then great. Taper and kava as well as other comfort things should help. I have read about slow tapers being almost painless, to cold turkeys that ruin a person for a good year or two. Slowly seems to be the way.

Last edited:
Drop at least a bar (2mg) and give it a week. If there is adjustments needed this can always be an option.
But definitely taper that. Just my take after several WD episodes with alprazolam.

Tapering is extremely important, especially if your dosing habits are high. I had success with tapering as well as using a much longer lasting benzo to help minimize the acute effects of withdrawl. Norfluorazepam to be exact.

And then I ate mushrooms for 2 days straight with my best friend, when I woke up I flushed what remaining benzos I had and yeah it was kind of a shitty couple days, but that physical dependence was very scary. thought I'd be on benzos for the rest of my life at one point, so I definitely know the feeling.

Make a taper plan! The hardest part is just stopping entirely. I was able to lower my dose gradually, but truly stopping took some serious willpower.

You're going to want to taper. The withdrawal benzos, especially a long term high dose, is often very slow and protracted. Even if you were to quit cold turkey, it wouldn't necessarily speed the process up you'd still be looking at a very long term recovery and many people believe stopping too fast actually worsens the damage and slows down recovery so I would definitely recommend a slow taper, perhaps over the course of 12-18 months. Unfortunately recovering from a major benzo dependence is not something that can really be sped up too much. It is extremely slow.

Hope OP keeps this thread updated.
Could be useful as a journal of sorts to keep track of progress and whatnot. I am always interested when someone comes off high doses of benzos the progress is exciting and encouraging to me and possibly others, idk.

Hope OP keeps this thread updated.
Could be useful as a journal of sorts to keep track of progress and whatnot. I am always interested when someone comes off high doses of benzos the progress is exciting and encouraging to me and possibly others, idk.
Worth quoting. Keep us updated OP. Good luck.

My friend just told me microdosing on shrooms will help a lot. Shrooms are legal here btw. What do you guys think about that?
I doubt that would help a lot.

You really need to do a slow taper here. Benzos are not like other drugs, even opioids, where you can try your luck with a fast taper. If you don't do it correctly you risk death or significant brain damage. Your doses are very high so do not risk running out of benzos in the Philippines, especially if you can't go to the hospital and get the proper assistance.

My recommendation is to do it IN the hospital if at all possible. Otherwise could be dangerous. Benzodiazepine withdrawal can kill you.

If you can get Diazepam get it. I know the taper they did me in the hospital here in the United States about 10 years ago and they started me at 10 mg hourly or as needed up to 100mg a day. Once I stabilized on the Diazepam they cut the dose by 5mg every 3 days till I was down to none a day. It was slow and shitty process but very comfortable and effective and safe.

Diazepam is a long acting benzodiazepine with a fast onset. Long acting benzodiazepines are easier to taper than the short to intermediate acting alprazolam.

Cool. I think maybe they might be legal here in Minnesota now as of August 1st this year when Cannabis became recreational and a meth pipe became no longer a felony.

so do not risk running out of benzos in the Philippines

This, absolutely. You cant let it happen there, couldn't you move to US to detox? And I also think that you need an hospital, or at the very minimum some medical attention. Your addiction doesn't seem something that you and your gf could fix at home.

sorry for bad grammar I'm writing this fast
many of the Phillipine national people came here to Croatia last couple of years and I think you as a Phillipino can with yout family try to ask in CRO embassy what is the deal cause there is some without Visa I think and here it's very calm and friendly environment, the best islands and beaches in the world 1100 of them all with cities on them.
I worked witk couple of Phillipino guys and I was mentor to one of them in times of the Covid so he told me about harsh lobbying on that "fake drug war", but I also red abou that in newspapers or it was on the news definittelly!
Have you thought about pregabalin, or GHB and Phenibut as I couldn't take myself of of Xanax 2mg ER.

I was burning my pregabalin stash to also so I was in withdrawal from both and was jumping from buprenorphine, so I ordered Kratom and Phenibut
Because with Phenibut I could take only Phenibut but in doses like 10 gr daily then lowering to 8 than to 6 ...et cet than took pregabs and was out from benzos!!

But let me first CUT through this story as I figured now and have used Ketamine and MPH succesufully to lower even pregabalin so to speak I'm not addicted to pregabalin any more I can take it once a week for meditation and astral projection purposes or OBE's
and I have diazepam's 5mg boxes also many of them as I don't use it but have prescribed it to me for "if needed"

So I hope you can find gabapentinoids as benzos also made me feel like everything is boring or nothing matters, or if you can dissociatives like metoxetamine, ketamine, DCK, even memantine and stuff like that are GOLD for lowering tollerance and NMDA antagonism has something to do with reverse glutaminergic spree, well here there are people who better can experss that in english than me so.....

I hope you find your piece and fort your family good luck and man up, try to act on instinct not just react it sounds silly but it helped me last couple months so Godspeed!!

I need diazepam to come off xanax. Doesn't have to be a lot. This most recent time I only did 4mg a day for 5 days. Plus gabapentin, metonia for the nausea and seroquel for sleeping. And its been nearly a month now :)

Oh shit, you said you were running low, if you run out, you are in big trouble if you don't have a lot of other benzos, like diazepam( valium), or another long lasting benzo, if not can you make it to the USA, for a medically supervised detox? You said you are running low and the attitude towards addicts, in the Philippines is bad. If you can't get enough benzos for a good taper, you could die and the locals don't seem to be helpful. You got into America before, are you a citizen, if not can you get a visa, do you have relatives that can help in USA?