• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

🍄 Gardening 🍄 Im planning my first experience with psychedelics. Truffels in Holland. Feedback very welcome.

Kamox

Greenlighter
Hi,

I'm planning to go to Holland, spend 3 days there are take a dose of truffles. I been reading about Psilocybin for months now and I feel that I more or less have the theory covered. My best childhood friend will be trip sitting me and he has also read a lot about the topic in order to minimize any risk and achieve as much as possible of the experience.

My wish, if possible, is to have a Spiritual experience (ego dissolution), therefore I'm planning to take a good dose of truffles. I feel however that it is possible that I'm been naive and not seeing the situation from a realistic point of view. The reason for this is that the information that I been reading is somehow contradictory:

There are plenty of people who wrote about having an experience of ego dissolution, or god unifying, or death and rebirth at their first intake, without having to end in an emergency room. It seems that the most important thing to consider was the famous set and setting and dose. But when it comes to a less formal source of information (as for example a Forum instead of a book), people try to warn about not going for a high dose (15 gr Truffles bag) in a first take.

Another important information that I read, and that I really like from a philosophical point of view is: "A true psychedelic experience, even a so-called bad trip, is sacred. In earth-oriented, shamanic cultures, even a psychotic breakdown, induced by a psychedelic, is part of the initiation." But then, even when I like this idea, I would like to keep a possible bad trip into a decent range of possibilities and not having to go to a hospital.

Having said this I would like to have an opinion of people who had some similar expectations and experiences, or simple an input from experienced people who could give me some advice about my plan. One specific information that could also be very useful is the dosing and truffles type for a beginner wishing to have a strong trip (so far I understand that the truffles high hawaiians are the strongest one and I was thinking to take between 10 to 15 gr of them).

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Truffles are significantly weaker than mushrooms, unless you're having multiple boxes of mothers finest you'll just be getting some visuals and body high. Some of the ones in the headshops in Amsterdam are hit and miss too, They all taste horrific though.

Oh I actually liked the taste of philosophers stones! Like a weird citrus variant.

Yeah, it will require many truffles for a true spiritual experience but I would recommend to start low as not to rush into panic and worse. They can be pretty euphoric and lovely in lower doses.

Oh I actually liked the taste of philosophers stones! Like a weird citrus variant.

Yeah, it will require many truffles for a true spiritual experience but I would recommend to start low as not to rush into panic and worse. They can be pretty euphoric and lovely in lower doses.
Thanks for your answer. Could you please specify how much grams would you recommend me to take to avoid panic but still having a good trip?, and what exactly do you mean when saying to start with a low dose?, like taking some truffles and after an hour taking more or just taking a low dose on the first trip and then doing it again some months later?

Get some good info in the headshop would be my first advise. They should be able to give you the info you need.

From personal experience, Truffles are way better taste wise as mushrooms. They taste kinda nutty. An actual improvment forced by the law change.

For ego desolution they are one of the best. They are one of the few psychedelic's I actually find to much to deal with. Although you feel great afterward's, but due to the time dilation that doesn't really matter during the experience. But imo they are more hardcore then Lysergamide's. Or even more then one of their RC bro's and sis like 4-HO-MIPT. Last time I made a tea and went to the beach, walked through the woods. And felt very uncomfertable.

Moving to our Psychedelic Discussion sub-forum. Groovy Baby!

I think there is a lot of wisdom in the old Set and Setting stuff. I've gone into many trips with a clear mind and feeling good only to experience hard times due to for instance: listening to Iron Maiden. Sitting in a dark, dank basement with little color or light. Being in the company of strangers. Stuff like that can greatly affect you.

going to a foreign country to do psychedelics for the first time is not what I call a good set or setting. Nor is seeking an ego death experince for your first trip without any previous psychedelic experince.

Ego death is not fun and games.

Walk slowly build yourself up. Its not a race. Ego death in the wrong enviroment can easily land you in hospital. When reality turns inside out no one knows how they are going to handle it their first time. Stay safe and don't do anything crazy

going to a foreign country to do psychedelics for the first time is not what I call a good set or setting. Nor is seeking an ego death experince for your first trip without any previous psychedelic experince.

Ego death is not fun and games.

Walk slowly build yourself up. Its not a race. Ego death in the wrong enviroment can easily land you in hospital. When reality turns inside out no one knows how they are going to handle it their first time. Stay safe and don't do anything crazy
Thanks a lot for your answer, I will definitely have this information in mind.

I would love to be able to do this in the country I'm living in, but it's simply impossible, that's why I'm spending a good amount of money to rent a comfortable place and having assistance from my best friend, who is also traveling from another country.

Seeking a ego dissolution experience is my goal, but I agreed that it's a lot for a first experience, that's why I been reading for months and literally doing as much as possible to be prepare: meditation, a lot of conversations about the topic, etc.

Why do you think it's fun and games for me?, is it the fact that I'm trying to achieve something that normally requires experience (without having it) that makes you think like that?, or maybe the fact that most of the people going to Holland to take truffles are doing it for fun?, I'm curious.

I'm trying to do this as good as possible considering the circumstances, and I wish I have more time and resources to do it slowly. However, I'm not going to take a hero doses or something crazy, that's for sure.

90% of people having truffles are in Holland are doing it for fun imo. It's not really a searched out drug for spiritual experiences when mushrooms, LSD and DMT are pretty widely available these days.

Why would truffles be weaker and non spiritual, when compared to mushrooms?

Full doses of some of the strongest advertised strains make for pretty strong trips ime.

Hi,

I'm planning to go to Holland, spend 3 days there are take a dose of truffles. I been reading about Psilocybin for months now and I feel that I more or less have the theory covered. My best childhood friend will be trip sitting me and he has also read a lot about the topic in order to minimize any risk and achieve as much as possible of the experience.

My wish, if possible, is to have a Spiritual experience (ego dissolution), therefore I'm planning to take a good dose of truffles. I feel however that it is possible that I'm been naive and not seeing the situation from a realistic point of view. The reason for this is that the information that I been reading is somehow contradictory:

There are plenty of people who wrote about having an experience of ego dissolution, or god unifying, or death and rebirth at their first intake, without having to end in an emergency room. It seems that the most important thing to consider was the famous set and setting and dose. But when it comes to a less formal source of information (as for example a Forum instead of a book), people try to warn about not going for a high dose (15 gr Truffles bag) in a first take.

Another important information that I read, and that I really like from a philosophical point of view is: "A true psychedelic experience, even a so-called bad trip, is sacred. In earth-oriented, shamanic cultures, even a psychotic breakdown, induced by a psychedelic, is part of the initiation." But then, even when I like this idea, I would like to keep a possible bad trip into a decent range of possibilities and not having to go to a hospital.

Having said this I would like to have an opinion of people who had some similar expectations and experiences, or simple an input from experienced people who could give me some advice about my plan. One specific information that could also be very useful is the dosing and truffles type for a beginner wishing to have a strong trip (so far I understand that the truffles high hawaiians are the strongest one and I was thinking to take between 10 to 15 gr of them).

Thanks in advance for your answer.
My first trip was on 15g of truffles from the Mexicana mushroom strain (one of the weakest), it wasn't too strong at the time but groundbreaking in more ways than one đź‘Ť you can take less too and that'll also be totally fine, there's plenty of time later to explore higher doses if you'd want to.

I'd find a good spot with not too many people around or just take them inside where you can still decide to go out later if you feel like it. If you're going for the strong strains, definitely take them inside and don't be in a large city around all the people. Have fun :)

Well obviously if you take more it could be equal to mushrooms but like you said you'd need a high dose of one of the strongest strains. Taking a box of the majority of the others is going to be a pretty tame experience, not that that's a bad thing.

Ooh an alternative is a lot of the headshops sell Peruvian torch cactus as whole plants, so mescaline is another thing you can try. I found most of the shops had plants that were way too young to be viable though so do research on the height of adult cactae before you buy

Last edited:
I like the advice about talking to the people at the headshop. They'll know their products.

Also, yep, ego death for a first time seems pretty aggressive. If there's one mistake I've seen with psychedelics over a 40+ year span of this, it's people underestimating their power. I'd personally work into it and get comfortable with the substance. A friend here was taking the therapy route, had no experience other than microdosing, and ate 7 grams of penis envy. It was more than he was looking for. By a lot.

Have fun.

I never had truffles before but did plenty of shrooms(doses ranging from 1/8 to 8+ grams) and a fuckton of acid/LSD analogues.
First of all, if it's your first time experiencing psychedelics then my advice would be to acquaint yourself with the substance with lower doses before jumping into heavy/legendary doses territory.

It's like people smoking weed for their first time, smoking way too much, getting too fucking high with possibly an empty stomach and alot of caffeine in their system and that's what their first impression will be based on from now on.
Don't rush it man and be in a good frame of mind when taking any psyches, even if you take a smaller dose, it doesn't matter, as long as you know from experience what you are gonna get yourself into.

Hi guys.

I want to share some details of my experience in order to help others to have a reference point regarding first experience with truffles in a foreign country.

Set: I was looking for a Unification/Death & born/Ego dissolution experience in order to be able to be more open, connected with people and circumstances, to feel that somehow things make sense and difficulties in life are indeed a way to evolve, to become something bigger or better (and I said to feel it because I accept this information as a fact, but I don't have it in my heart).

Setting: An Airbnb house in a little town in Holland. The place wasn't luxury but it was definitely beautiful, clean, cozy and warm. If I could have changed something it would be the windows by making them bigger (light entrance). Light played a very important role during the trip for me, specially at the initial face, so the more light available the better the details will be seen.

I was accompanied by my best friend who also took truffles the day before me. This definitely shaped the experience into a particular one, making out of it something that was based on both person and the input that came out by interacting, talking, supporting and specially listening someone who is having a psychedelic trip. We tried as much as possible to not interrupt the experience of the tripping person by giving opinions or saying something, with the only exception of asking if it was comfortable been sitting instead of laying down or answering the question of where could be appropriate to go if going out side during the trip (to a forest).

While my friend had a complete inward trip and stayed home with eyes covered, I felt like I couldn't resist been at home and had to go out to a forest. The forest played a key role in my trip and I think that having a nature nearby is a must (in case you feel that you outside is the place you have to be).

Dose: 15 gr of Hollandia Truffles (18,5 Euro).

Intake Details: I woke up around 8 AM and was a little bit nervous, so I meditated for an hour. My breakfast was 2 carrots and a small portion of muesli with soymilk. I took a walk for about one hour and at some point I was relaxed and somehow sure that I was going to be ok.

At 12:00 I took the truffles. I ate them raw and chewed them very slowly, the taste was not that bad but also not tasty at all. After eating them I had some nausea and stomachache but I think it was caused by having the stomach complete empty.

Without going too much in details of the whole trip (I will describe my experience in a new post), I can say that it was definitely groundbreaking, although neither me or my friend had an ego dissolution experience. I have the feeling that I could have gone in that direction, but I clearly recognized at the beginning of my trip, that I was not prepare for it, so when I tried to open that door (I literary saw a blue and purple door with an eye on it, framed in walls made of dragon bodies all of them arranged vertically) all I had as an answer was a message made with love and patience that was telling me: It’s not the right time, why would you make it complicated and fearful, when you can make it beautiful and simple? So that’s when I decided to go out to the forest.

Been naĂŻve is definitely part of the experience. Making mistakes in a safety range is complete ok. I felt completely under control of the situation with this amount of truffles but it is considered a high dose according to the shop seller and the information on the truffles catalog. I think it is relative safe to try this quantity of truffles because you can always control how deep you want to go by closing your eyes and covering your ears or keeping your eyes open and talking to someone.

After almost 5 days me and my friend still feel somehow strange. Sleeping is not like before and I feeling a little bit melancholic or sad. I suppose it is normal after having such an intense experience but I would like to hear if someone had a similar after trip feelings.

Feel free to ask anything you want, it will be a pleasure for me to answer.

Never tried psych.truffels,but may be they are weaker than mushrooms..yes..Been used only shrooms-picked up or grown up

It's important to find out what doses might do what. I don't know much about truffels, but psilocybin is a wonderful thing. People often take waaaay too much to end up in the hospital. Even if you just had an unpleasant trip, you'd likely find you can deal with it. Trips can be up and down like that, but to me that's an important aspect of tripping. It reminds you this is what life is really like. I think there are more issues with LSD and people ending up in hospitals.

Definitely make sure to have a friend with you. The can either be tripping or not. If not, they're a tripsitter. If so, it will feel great tripping with someone else. I tripped 2 months ago with 3 friends who just drank and I felt so detached from them. Not a good set or setting and I ate them kind of hastily one day before hitting the beach. Almost as soon as I swallowed them I thought "I shouldn't have done that." A friend of mine who was there likes shrooms and I should've at least waited like a day to see if he wanted a gram or something. He's been afraid to trip at all lately though.

^ good advice

The last truffle I took was a god damn fire psilocybin extraction.. tasted like a very high end chocolate. More is not always better and you can always add more, but you cant add less. Damn thing really jangled me for an hour or two and that was not what I was looking four.

As your unfamiliar with psilocybin and psychedelics dive in small, half dose it and if comfortable take more.

It's important to find out what doses might do what. I don't know much about truffels, but psilocybin is a wonderful thing. People often take waaaay too much to end up in the hospital. Even if you just had an unpleasant trip, you'd likely find you can deal with it. Trips can be up and down like that, but to me that's an important aspect of tripping. It reminds you this is what life is really like. I think there are more issues with LSD and people ending up in hospitals.

Definitely make sure to have a friend with you. The can either be tripping or not. If not, they're a tripsitter. If so, it will feel great tripping with someone else. I tripped 2 months ago with 3 friends who just drank and I felt so detached from them. Not a good set or setting and I ate them kind of hastily one day before hitting the beach. Almost as soon as I swallowed them I thought "I shouldn't have done that." A friend of mine who was there likes shrooms and I should've at least waited like a day to see if he wanted a gram or something. He's been afraid to trip at all lately though.
Yes...shrooms night...one two three persons..laying around the fire 🔥 is top record...microdosing is a safer alternative of ad drugs,not dependency, have high terapeutic index snd i a magic indeed-molecule psylocibine