• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Im on amphetamine's-would fighting the urge to pee potentiate my tweek

professor bob

Greenlighter
I took 110 mg of vyvance 4 hours ago, so im midway into my tweek.

ALthough I really have to pee, I am choosing to fight the urge and see if it makes it stronger.

I only have the basic wikipedia-delevered info on the metabolism and excretion of this drug, so Im not sure if this practice is worthwhile.

Would holding in my pee actually allow me to absor significanly more d-amph, or am I waisting my time. I really need to peee, but i went from "Im kind of feeling it" to "WOW, Im awake" in the last hour. Any fellow tweekers have any opinions, based on either theory or practice?

I don't know about the 'real' scientific answer. However, I note no difference if I go pee or hold it in... I say GO!

Hi professor bob,

Unfortunately your body doesn't work that way. Your kidneys are going to continue processing the contaminants out of your blood at the same rate regardless of how full your bladder is. If you mechanically block your urethra (i.e. overriding the involuntary reflex that would cause you to lose conscious control of your urethral sphincter) it will cause damage to your kidneys which would prevent them from properly removing the amps, however your kidneys are also necessary to remove a lot of other toxins and hurting them is not something you want to do.

Any subjective effects you notice from holding in your urine is likely placebo or due to increased stress levels from having to pee that are somehow interacting with the amps. Like you can't relax because you have to go to the bathroom and therefore feel the high more.

Hi professor bob,

Unfortunately your body doesn't work that way. Your kidneys are going to continue processing the contaminants out of your blood at the same rate regardless of how full your bladder is. If you mechanically block your urethra (i.e. overriding the involuntary reflex that would cause you to lose conscious control of your urethral sphincter) it will cause damage to your kidneys which would prevent them from properly removing the amps, however your kidneys are also necessary to remove a lot of other toxins and hurting them is not something you want to do.

Any subjective effects you notice from holding in your urine is likely placebo or due to increased stress levels from having to pee that are somehow interacting with the amps. Like you can't relax because you have to go to the bathroom and therefore feel the high more.

But does'nt some of the dextroamphetamine remain unchanged in the urine. Can't the chemicals be rebsorbed through the lining of the bladder. If they could'nt, why would the ph of the bladder effect metabolism so much?

ALso, i highly doubt holding in urine on diuretics harms the kindneys. Then again, it all depends on our bodies reasoning for making duiurietcs diuretics. Diuretics could either A) be particularly dangerous chemicals that the body needs to get rid of. If that was the case, the urine only appears to be clean, but in reality it just has a small amount of particulary toxic chemicals in it. or B) Diuretics simply trick the body into sending a large amount of water to-maybe-be harmlessly filtered by the kidneys and excreted.

Assuming B, I would'nt be damaging my kidney by holding water(as opposed to cloudy, yellow toxic piss).

Last edited:
Ah I don't take amphetamines and am not that well read up on the subject so I didn't know that the pH of your bladder has a large effect on the on metabolism. I also assume that since your bladder contains waste products that you body no longer wants in it the walls of the bladder would not be very conducive to absorption of chemicals.

I will look into it though and perhaps someone else who is more experience in the area will respond in the meantime.

edit:
from wikipedia

Okay it doesn't have to do with it being reabsorbed from your bladder but not passing into it in the first place due to pH balance offsetting the diffusion. Basically when you have d-amp in your bloodstream it will either be metabolized in your liver to inactive chemicals or it will pass unchanged into your bladder and be excreted in the urine. Given "standard" conditions about half will be metabolized and the other half urinated out as is. The more alkaline the urine in your bladder however the less the d-amp molecules will pass into it and the more will remain in your bloodstream to be metabolized. Having more which needs to be metabolized means the drug will last longer.

Holding in your urine may slightly increase it's alkalinity as it becomes more concentrate but I'm not sure how much of an effect it would have. I think you would be better off attempting to decrease the pH of your urine by consuming some antacids or something which I think is common with amps to aid absorption in the stomach as well.

Last edited:
^^amapola is on-point. also, to clarify a bit, reabsorption of AMPH takes places in the kidneys, not the bladder. not peeing won't make a lick of difference; anything in your bladder is as good as gone. some more in-depth sourced stuff:

NTP-CERHR Expert Panel Report on the reproductive and developmental toxicity of amphetamine and methamphetamine. (PMID: 16167346)

Due to a pKa of ~9.9, amphetamines are primarily ionized under normal physiological pH and in acidic urine. Because the ionized form is not reabsorbed significantly by the kidney, large amounts are excreted unchanged. In alkaline urine, amphetamines exist primarily in the un-ionized form, and are readily reabsorbed by the kidney. Reabsorption results in prolonged half-life and increased biotransformation. Excretion of unmetabolized amphetamine and methamphetamine was reported to range from 1–2% in highly alkaline urine to 74–76% in strongly acidic urine.

Last edited:
Amapola, excellent summary, I was just wondering about the pH levels affecting the metabolism, thank you!

PROZ4C said:
Can someone explain this a bit more?
Amphetamines in your blood are good because they get you high. Your body will try to remove them from your blood in two different ways.
1. Your kidneys pull the amphetamines out of your blood and put them in your urine.
2. Your liver performs some chemical reactions and breaks them down into inactive chemicals.
After either of these things occur that particular molecule of amphetamine is no longer getting you high.

On average half of the amphetamines molecules will be destroyed by your liver, and half will be removed by your kidneys. This can change though depending on how acidic your urine is. Your kidneys will put more amphetamine in your urine if your urine is acidic. If your urine is basic then it will put less amphetamines in your urine. In order to stay high for longer we want less amphetamines to be put in the urine so we want a basic environment in the bladdar.

With less amphetamines being removed by the kidneys and put in the urine, more will have to be destroyed by your liver. Luckily the liver can only destroy so many at a time so more will stay in your blood for longer and you will be high for longer.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but here are few reasons to piss
1. After your kidneys, little to no nutrient absorption.
2. Also the concentration of amphetamines in ur urine is most likely
Too minimal to make a difference in you geek anyways.
3. Amphetamines = salts and mineral based fillers,
Kidney stones = salt and mineral build up.
The longer you hold it the more you increase the chance of kidney stones
4. And last but most importantly it's gonna feel soooooooo good, holla if you hear me lmao

Yes, I would not prevent myself from urinating. This is not good. Just use the bathroom like you normally would.

I agree wit just peeing:) Vyvance pees are second best next to drunk pisses. But i swear i read somewhere that once you bladder gets full enough your body reabsorbeds the urine. Cant remember where i got that from. Ill try n look for it.

I agree wit just peeing:) Vyvance pees are second best next to drunk pisses. But i swear i read somewhere that once you bladder gets full enough your body reabsorbeds the urine. Cant remember where i got that from. Ill try n look for it.

I believe what one person said was that your body will re-absorb the d-amp out of the urine.

However, this is not worth it (and I'm not even sure if it's factually correct); using more d-amp is better than giving yourself kidney stones.

No i read this on a non drug related website. Something about your body will reabsorb your urine to keep your bladder from bursting. So pretty much your letting all those toxicens into you bloodstream when you hold it for to long. Ever had to pee so bad that when you finally can you dont really have to anymore??

No i read this on a non drug related website. Something about your body will reabsorb your urine to keep your bladder from bursting. So pretty much your letting all those toxicens into you bloodstream when you hold it for to long. Ever had to pee so bad that when you finally can you dont really have to anymore??

Any (small) amount of d-amp you would be getting back from doing this isn't even remotely worth all the toxins and other stuff that you'd be releasing back into your body.

Just go pee. Seriously.

On ion-trapping from wikipedia.. I know, i know. It's basic reading tho so hopefully helps more people reading this thread: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_trapping --

The charge of a molecule depends upon the pH of its solution. In an acidic medium, basic drugs are more charged and acidic drugs are less charged. The converse is true in a basic medium. For example, Naproxen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that is a weak acid (its pKa value is 5.0). The gastric juice has a pH of 2.0. It is a 3-fold difference (due to log scale) between its pH and its pKa; therefore there is a 1000x difference between the charged and uncharged concentrations. So, in this case for every one molecule of charged Naproxen, there are 1000 molecules of uncharged Naproxen at a pH of 2.[1] This is why weak acids are better absorbed from the stomach and weak bases from intestine where the pH is alkaline. When pH of a solution is equal to pKa of dissolved drug, then 50% of the drug is ionized, another 50% is unionized.

Ion trapping is the reason why basic (alkaline) drugs are secreted into the stomach (for example morphine)[2] where pH is acidic, and acidic drugs are excreted in urine when it is alkaline. Similarly, ingesting sodium bicarbonate with amphetamine, a weak base, causes better absorption of amphetamine (in stomach) and its lesser excretion (in urine), thus prolonging its actions. Ion trapping can cause partial failure of certain anti-cancer chemotherapies.[3]

And.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_diuresis --

Forced diuresis (increased urine formation by diuretics and fluid) may enhance the excretion of certain drugs in urine and is used to treat drug overdose or poisoning of these drugs and hemorrhagic cystitis.[1]

Diuretics
Most of the drugs are either weak acids or weak bases. When urine is made alkaline, elimination of acidic drugs in the urine is increased. The converse applies for alkaline drugs.

This method is only of therapeutic significance where the drug is excreted in active form in urine and where the pH of urine can be adjusted to levels above or below the pK value of the active form of drug. For acidic drugs, urine pH should be above the pK value of that drug, and converse for the basic drugs. It is because the ionization of acidic drug is increased in alkaline urine and ionized drugs cannot easily cross plasma membrane so cannot re-enter blood from kidney tubules. This method is ineffective for drugs which are strongly protein bound (eg tricyclic antidepressants) or which have a large apparent volume of distribution (eg paracetamol, tricyclic antidepressants).[2]

Forced alkaline diuresis has been used to increase the excretion of acidic drugs like salicylates and phenobarbitone, while forced acid diuresis has been used to enhance the elimination of cocaine, amphetamine, quinine, quinidine, and strychnine when poisoning by these drugs has occurred.

For forced alkaline diuresis, a diuretic like furosemide is given intravenously and sodium bicarbonate is added to the infusion fluid to make blood and, in turn, urine alkaline. Potassium replacement becomes of utmost importance in this setting because potassium is usually also lost in urine and hypokalemia promotes bicarbonate ion retention and prevents bicarbonate excretion, thus interfering with alkalinization of the urine.[3]

some ppl are so so stupid.he's putting his kidneys on the line to stay high for a bit longer.and than years later u see them on a documentary saying how drugs fuked them up.please ppl use safely and dont add to the already bad rep that drugs have. i still cant believe this guy is holding his piss to stay high.