TDS I'm literally totally alone and in debt, can I end myself?

delphinen

Bluelighter
Today is mother's day in my country, and I tried to contact her but I heard she asking someone else "should I turn off the phone?" and hanged up on me. It's usual, but I didn't think she would be like that in mother's day when I'm trying to contact her.

I have been thinking about suicide for a year now, I think of getting "drunk" on 2800mg of pure Carisoprodol and jump off the building I live right now. It's 10 stores, I can't find the site that had had the statistics of success, but I believe it was 75~80%.

I have no job, I'm getting evicted, my family doesn't want to hear from me, literally, and I yes I'm depressed but I want to end it all. Anyone with knowledge on jumping from heights? I would like it to do at night.

That sounds so painful to hear that from your mother. It sounds like you have too much to deal with on your own, your family (at least your mother) has given up on you and you have no resources. What country do you live in? I am only asking because there may be help through social services to at least secure you a place to stay and beyond that to give you some assistance while you deal with the emotional pain you are living in. Are you dealing with addiction as well as these other problems?

Today is mother's day in my country, and I tried to contact her but I heard she asking someone else "should I turn off the phone?" and hanged up on me. It's usual, but I didn't think she would be like that in mother's day when I'm trying to contact her.

I have been thinking about suicide for a year now, I think of getting "drunk" on 2800mg of pure Carisoprodol and jump off the building I live right now. It's 10 stores, I can't find the site that had had the statistics of success, but I believe it was 75~80%.

I have no job, I'm getting evicted, my family doesn't want to hear from me, literally, and I yes I'm depressed but I want to end it all. Anyone with knowledge on jumping from heights? I would like it to do at night.

No one is going to tell you how to do that in open forum. I have suicide plans in my future but heights scare the shit out of me so I've deeply researched other methods and combo methods. I'm not going to try to tell you not to kill yourself because I respect your right to make that decision and there is no one but you who knows what is right for you. But I will say know the fuck what you are doing. If you do jump you don't want to live and you don't want to hurt or traumatize others.

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
o my, i just wanna say please don't and hit me or a mod i'm sure, here or if you feel alone/suicidal. i know of a woman who survived a jump in the snow and is paralyzed now. crushing in every aspect.

don't worry about being liked by anyone(family too if they dissin you) and just focus on improving your life. like you have that chance right now.

<snip>

Either way OP, please at least try getting some help first before you take yourself out of the picture. What have you got to lose at this point? And as Joe said, feel free to pm me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Delphinin - I am so sorry to read this. What happened to the job you were talking about a few weeks ago - I thought things were looking up for you? Regarding jumping as a means of suicide - you're a smart girl, you can query the statistics - you know they're abysmal. No one is going to tell you how to do it.

Can you find a job in a different city that will help pay for moving expenses? It may be different in your country, but many IT jobs here will assist with relocation and putting money down on a new place. Have you looked into getting a job in a different country, particularly the USA? We desperately need IT people and it's also a benefit that you are a female - companies look at that to help balance out their statistics- especially IT.

You say you're getting evicted, you've been in that situation for a while now - how have you been able to stay? Where you picking up small jobs to pay the rent?

I couldn't do it because a chatted with a long friend I have from Germany. Daytime is so depressing, everyone laughing, doing things, working, shopping, etc. I feel outside of everything about society. It feels awful. Thank god this SOMA is stupidly strong and makes me pass away everytime so I don't think about all this, and also, it keeps delaying my suicide while I'm on bed. I know, I am pathethic.

Social services here are SLOOOW and requires a lot of papers to be done- which I have to start, but it takes like a month. I have good money from an inheritance but also, lawyers and the judge system is SLOOOW, I have been waiting for more than 2 years already since my dearest person was gone.
I couldn't go to USA because I can't afford a ticket plane, and with the state things are there, I doubt they would let an Argentinian pass just like that with no work already. Also, I liked USA when I was a child, now I don't anymore. The only good thing there would be that getting a gun is easier thus killing oneself is even easier.

You're not pathetic. I suggest you don't tell yourself such stuff no matter what you decide is right for you. You never asked to be born into this mess of a world and you aren't responsible for your parents or the environment you have had to deal with. Ultimately imo you're an innocent stuck in dire straights. Take it easy on yourself.

"take it easy" ? I am out of food, pills (anticonvulsants), coffee, tea, sugar, I am getting evicted and you tell me to "take it easy?" I don't have the luxury of live in a state where if my life is going down I can end it all with the trigger of a gun, no, I have to fight my human instincts and jump from a horrible 10 floor building, is the easiest method I have right now.
What I am supposed to do? what is the purpose of this sub forum? if so, how?
a friend from Germany sent me money to help my situation but guess what, the money got stuck because of a stupid error in the sender company, not even the receiving one, so I keep calling day morning and afternoon, I give my reference number... but nope, still it's on hold
I have a $80.000 that my father left me 3 years ago, but because the legal system is so bad here, I am still waiting for my lawyer.
And remember, on top of that, I am mental patient diagnosed with clinical depression, bipolar disorder and prone to seizures (not epilepsy). Why I wouldn't want to kill myself is the question?

Of course u would want to kill yourself in the sutuation u are in..its the final grasp for control of a life that never seemed to go your way..but should u kill yourself..no, enless your a in serious pain and are gonna die in near future anyway..the only way i have found to get rid of the depression that is always around is to detach from everything u know and believe and start over..wipe the slate clean..u can be anybody..i never know what to say in these situation all i know is i was suicidal at one point but i fought back and realized i was addicted to the emotional pain because it validates my ego that screams to be acknowledged

"take it easy" ? I am out of food, pills (anticonvulsants), coffee, tea, sugar, I am getting evicted and you tell me to "take it easy?" I don't have the luxury of live in a state where if my life is going down I can end it all with the trigger of a gun, no, I have to fight my human instincts and jump from a horrible 10 floor building, is the easiest method I have right now.
a friend from Germany sent me money to help my situation but guess what, the money got stuck because of a stupid error in the sender company, not even the receiving one, so I keep calling day morning and afternoon, I give my reference number... but nope, still it's on hold
I have a $80.000 that my father left me 3 years ago, but because the legal system is so bad here, I am still waiting for my lawyer.
And remember, on top of that, I am mental patient diagnosed with clinical depression, bipolar disorder and prone to seizures (not epilepsy). Why I wouldn't want to kill myself is the question?

You misunderstood. I just said take it easy on calling yourself names. I never said anything about the rest except that I understand it. You seen to be ignoring that part so there's nothing more for me to say.

Of course u would want to kill yourself in the sutuation u are in..its the final grasp for control of a life that never seemed to go your way..but should u kill yourself..no, enless your a in serious pain and are gonna die in near future anyway..the only way i have found to get rid of the depression that is always around is to detach from everything u know and believe and start over..wipe the slate clean..u can be anybody..i never know what to say in these situation all i know is i was suicidal at one point but i fought back and realized i was addicted to the emotional pain because it validates my ego that screams to be acknowledged

That's pretty interesting. A change of venue is always beneficial I've found. If the OP doesn't want this advice I'm going to take it and hit the road for awhile. Thanks for posting.

There are many reasons why you would not want to kill yourself but you can't see those reasons right now because you are and have been singularly focused on your pain. I know from previous threads that you also self medicate which is also making the situation substantially worse. By focusing on the pain you have essentially paralyzed yourself, and that is a very difficult place to be. I really hope I am not sounding harsh because that is not my intention, a few years ago I was in a somewhat similar situation.

I can relate to the soul crushing depression, being stuck in the house, financial issues, and seizures. I find seizures to be absolutely terrifying, and many of the medications that are available to treat them have horrible side effects, but it is manageable. What causes your seizures?

I know it's hard, but try to force yourself to leave your house and go for walks. By avoiding people you are trapping yourself with your own thoughts, and the longer you do so the darker your thoughts will get. I know you don't feel like it but force yourself to get out of the house and be around other people - wall to a coffee shop. You could actually be one of those people you see laughing during the day and having fun, but in order to have that you have to ldo ave your house.

Stop focusing on the $80,000, work with your attorney and don't focus on it when you're not actively working on getting it. You never had the money before so it's not like you lost it. I'm sorry it's taking so long to get it but that happens to many people all over the world. That money isn't going to make your problems go away either, as you will spend it and eventually it will be gone and then what?

Your focus should be getting healthy and to do that you must take action. Go see professionals and be proactive in your treatment. If something is not working try something new or different. Tell your doctors it is not working, ask to hear all your options. Research your options online.

You ask the purpose of this sub forum - the purpose it to connect to others and share experience, hope, and strength. You have told us your situation and have asked advice, but you have rejected most of the advice given to you. I think you are looking for a quick fix and unfortunately that doesn't often happen with mental health issues.

To be perfectly honest if you want to better your situation you would stop self medicating and only take your prescriptions as prescribed, no extra drugs or alcohol. You would exercise everyday, eat healthy, and get on a regular sleep cycle. You would work with doctors tirelessly to get your medications right, and you would go to therapy regularly. If therapy isn't available then you would research the techniques online and start learning some of the coping mechanisms necessary to get you past this point.

As sad as it is, we have to be responsible for our own mental health. I think most of us have had unrealistic expectations of the mental healthy system. We go and see professionals and expect our problems to be quickly fixed and that doesn't happen. Worse, professionals do not readily disclose how much time and effort we must spend to change our situations so many times we wait and get worse. I wasted seven years of my life turning solely to them to get help. I was in a similar place to where you are now, having multiple seizures everyday, I couldn't put the bottle down, my anxiety and depression just kept getting worse, I had zero money and I was ready to end it all. I was so angry at the world, at the system, and at life, everything was unfair. That anger changed something in me and I put all my energy into research and somehow found a way out of my situation. I spent two years doing nothing but working on recovery, which was after spending seven years working with different mental health providers and doctors trying to get healthy while working a 60 hour a week IT job and running a household. I too wanted what everyone else had - I wanted to be out and laughing and having fun and was angry I wasn't.

What I detailed in the above paragraphs are some of the steps I took to get healthy. Please try some of those suggestions. Getting healthy is a lot of hard work and energy, but it can happen and it's so worth it when it does. You have to fight for yourself because nobody else will - they can't unfortunately.

First, don't kill yourself. Life will always get better. Everyone goes through extreme lows and will eventually experience a high point again.
Second, I'm a CNA and I have a client who is a quadriplegic. He was perfectly healthy and functioning until he took an odd job to fix a ski tower. He hit his elbow, fell ten stories to the ground and lived. He's completely paralyzed from the waste down and needs help to live his life every single day when he was a completely functional person before. You don't want to do that.

Look I'm all for encouragement but lets admit to the truth. Life does not always get better. You're just saying that to sooth yourself. IMO the OP needs all the truth so he can decide for himself. Many people want out due to being lied to by everyone. Someone said the truth will set you free. I don't know but I do think it's important. My 2 cents. Also I'm against scare tactics. It's totally counterproductive imo.

And please don't take this personally. I know you mean the very best for this person and it is just my opinion.

Last edited:
Thanks to all the replies, and sorry if my answer sounds bitter, or angry, but most of the time, I'm beyond depression, and can only thinks that all the people in the world is selfish. I don't think that's true, but I have been reading some books (the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy for example) and I was able to forgot my "I MUST kill myself tonight, because I don't want to face the consequences of tomorrow"; I mean, I still don't want to face the consequences, the pain, physical and mental, the fear of seizures, if not after-seizures themselves, the insomnia, etc.
But what if I kill myself? will any of you feel it, or even know it? what if I don't have more access to a home and therefore for a long period, internet. Will you people assume I killed myself, or that I "cleaned up myself completely" as some of the mods suggests?
I think neither. Nobody will remember me because of a thread I made in a forum on the internet when I was in doubt about keep living or not. YOUR answers may change what I done, I am the one asking for help, and, again, the mod literally said, I have to find the help myself on my own, because nobody will. Or did I read that wrong? no, I didn't.
So in the end, I am just another guy who made it to his thirties and lived a miserable and lonely life. One of millions in the history of mankind.

Thanks to those who bluelighters, that even when they knew would be criticized, told the truth, life does not always get better, and I think, it usually gets worse. Specially if you grown up with an addiction, your family doesn't care anymore, there are no friends to seek help, and therefore, you decided to thrown the towel. It is sad, very sad. But I can't help but think I'm only one of millions.

Honestly, not having a 100% proof method of finishing myself scares me, yes, I have only access to a 10 stories building, and no money for other methods, nor access to more reliable ones. But either way I'm living a miserable life, that I am sure of.

Last edited:
Thanks to all the replies, and sorry if my answer sounds bitter, or angry, but most of the time, I'm beyond depression, and can only thinks that all the people in the world is selfish. I don't think that's true, but I have been reading some books (the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy for example) and I was able to forgot my "I MUST kill myself tonight, because I don't want to face the consequences of tomorrow"; I mean, I still don't want to face the consequences, the pain, physical and mental, the fear of seizures, if not after-seizures themselves, the insomnia, etc.
But what if I kill myself? will any of you feel it, or even know it? what if I don't have more access to a home and therefore for a long period, internet. Will you people assume I killed myself, or that I "cleaned up myself completely" as some of the mods suggests?
I think neither. Nobody will remember me because of a thread I made in a forum on the internet when I was in doubt about keep living or not. YOUR answers may chance my choice, buy me, I can't, I am the one asking for help, and, again, the mod literally said, I have to find the help myself on my own, because nobody will. Or did I read that wrong? no, I didn't.
So in the end, I am just another guy who made it to his thirties and lived a miserable and lonely life. One of millions in the history of mankind.
Thanks to those who, even when they knew would be criticized, told the truth, life does not always get better, and I think, it usually gets worse. Specially if you grown up with an addiction, your family doesn't care anymore, there are no friends to seek help, and therefore, you decided to thrown the towel. It is sad, very sad. But I can't help but think I'm only one of millions.

Delphin - I want you to know that I have often wondered how you were doing since your last thread. One of the reasons why you do stay in my thoughts is because you are unique but we are similar. We both have dibikitsting depression and we're both female software developers. In my area I don't know too many women in computers so that aspect of your life is both memorable and significant to me, as are your struggles. You may not feel this way, but I feel connected to you. Your presence on this planet matters to me because we do share similarities. I don't feel connected to many people so when I feel that way towards somebody it does impact me greatly. I know if I found out you committed suicide I would cry and I would remember you for the rest of my life, and I would be sad whenever I thought about you.

When I said you have to help yourself because nobody else can, I did not mean that nobody cares. I meant that with mental issues we have to do a lot of work on our own. Other people can help guide you, but something in your mindset has to change for you to start feeling better. Most of the work is internal which I why I said no one else can help, because other people cannot access that internal dialogue that you have with yourself.

I'm glad you found some escape in your reading. That is one of my favorite books. I think that is definately a step in the right direction - find activities like reading that allow you to shift your focus, and please do keep posting because some of us do genuinely care and we do wonder how you are doing.

ETA: You're welcome to message me if you ever want to talk, it doesn't have to just be when times are tough.

Last edited:
I think neither. Nobody will remember me because of a thread I made in a forum on the internet when I was in doubt about keep living or not. YOUR answers may change what I done, I am the one asking for help, and, again, the mod literally said, I have to find the help myself on my own, because nobody will. Or did I read that wrong? no, I didn't.

Thanks to those who bluelighters, that even when they knew would be criticized, told the truth, life does not always get better, and I think, it usually gets worse. Specially if you grown up with an addiction, your family doesn't care anymore, there are no friends to seek help, and therefore, you decided to thrown the towel. It is sad, very sad. But I can't help but think I'm only one of millions.

Honestly, not having a 100% proof method of finishing myself scares me, yes, I have only access to a 10 stories building, and no money for other methods, nor access to more reliable ones. But either way I'm living a miserable life, that I am sure of.

I'm sorry for your plight and I'm sorry for mine and everyone else's. It's as you say, in the end we will all fade out and not be remembered for long if at all. I may never really know you or know what happens to you but I do surely wish you the best of luck on your path and as little suffering as possible. I hope you and I and everyone else find peace at the end of all this. I don't think there is really much else to say.