• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I'm hospitalized trying to get best meds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofreshsoclean710

Greenlighter
Ok so I had a heroin overdose I told the doctors I was clean for a year and a half. When I overdosed I fell and hit my head and have brain damage. I also had a stroke and have a pinched nerve in my lower spine I also had compartment syndrome in my leg. I am in a lot of pain I was on a 75 mcg fet pat then they had me on 60mg of me contin every 8 hours and 1mg of dilaudid iv every 4 hours and 10 mg of oxycodone every 4 hours. It was spread out so I was getting one or the other every 2 hours for breakthrough pain. They then switched it to .5mg every 4 hours and 20mg oxycodone every 4 hours. Then they switched it to 90 mg of ms contin every 8 hrs and 30mg oxycodone every 4 and no more dilaudid. Then the put me on 75mg ms contin every 8 hrs and a 25mcg fet patch and 30mg oxycodone every 4 hrs. Now I'm on 60mg oxycontin and 30mg oxycodone every 4 hrs. I'm still in a lot of pain and physical therapy is getting more intense. I have told my doctors I understand I am in here for a heroin overdose and I am asking for an increase in my pain medication but I am not trying to get a high off of them I want to use the pain medication as a tool to be able to function better through my physical therapy and be able to do my exercises throughout the day for a more speady recovery. I have to do physical therapy here at the hospital and I told them I want to do it for a minimum of 2 hours every day 3hrs if pt has the time. For me to do that I need my meds increased because there is parts of the day when I'm laying in bed crying laying on my left side my good side unable to move from the pain it's absolutely unbearable at certain parts of the day. I don't know what to do I asked to be switched to opana but at the same dosage and he even refuse that. They also have me taking 2 15 mg pills to equal 30 mg of oxycodone they say np 13. I want to take a single 30 mg pill and they are refusing to put me on that and I'm in the biggest hospital hospital in Indiana and they claim they're pharmacy doesn't have that or soma which i think is bs. Basically the point of this post is I am going to do my physical therapy here at the hospital instead of an inpatient physical therapy center. So I was doing a half hour of physical therapy a day and I was in a great deal of pain. Now they are increasing my physical therapy to 2-3 hours a day and they won't increase my pain medication. What do I have to do to get my meds increased I will do anything because the pain is already unbearable and its just going to get worse. Please help!!!

Dude I b am sorry your in pain but I really think pushing them for meds is gunna only make them think ur drug seeking esp if ur asking for. Soma if your gettig 90 mg of oxycodone every 4 hours they are already giving you morethen I ever seen a known drug user. Get

My advicr would be stop bringing up pain meds do the therapy as best you can and dont worry if u have to stop and cryfrom. Pain that more likely to speak ur in true pain trying to improve urself then askong for soma and max opiates

Sadly repeatedly asking for more or different pain meds is only going to end up getting your medical file flagged for drug seeking behavior. I know with how you feel right now you don't believe it, but you really are lucky that they are giving you such high doses, especially since they know your history. You're only hope to get more pain meds or reduce the pain is to work your butt off in therapy until you think you can't take any more. This will help get your pain level down long term and your increase your mobility. But also if you have not been begging for more meds after repeatedly being told no, and your not just constantly complaining about how unbearable it is and are talking of wanting to work to stop long term issues/pain you may luck out and get a doctor who feels for you and sees how much you want it and are trying, but also how much pain you are in they may go against their original assessment and increase you dosage. Although that is pretty much only a wet dream, it would be the only miniscule chance you would have at getting them increased. Sadly you are going to have to suck it up buttercup. (& yes I have wanted to throat punch people for saying that to me when I'm in a horrible place, but some times it is what it is)

Like above post mentioned, you are lucky they are medicating you as they are given your circumstances. The only person who can help you is the doctor. Bluelight is not here to help you finagle drugs so I have to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.