• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I'm having withdrawals!!! Please help

Braley

Bluelighter
Okay, I got 2 prescriptions of Hydrocodone filled in a month. Now I'm out, and I'm thinking of going to my local hospital, and tell them I fell and hurt my back ( which it really does, that's the reason I'm on the Hydrocodone ). My question is will they search and see that I've gotten 2 scripts filled recently? I'm hurting so bad. These withdrawals are hell. The dr just doesn't prescribe enough and that's why I got both of the scripts filled. Now I don't know what to do. Please help!

You shouldnt be dependant in the first place theres nothing wrong with usig opiates but why be dependant when you knoe that sooner or later you will be forced tk go through withdrawals. Take this advice, and go through your withdraels for about a week. And then when they stop and your not dependant use the drugs as needed or occaisionally. Once every 2 days maybe. You can use alot less mlre efficentally and it will feel much better. Dont take this weak route of kissing the doctors and oharmacys ass because u cant handle the life non dependant. Take this advice your future withdrawaling self will thank me

suck it up. if your opiate dependent you're gonna have to go through withdrawals sometimes, it's just part of the package. learn to meter out your medication so it lasts you longer.
I've been on subs for like 2 years and I can't count the number of times I've had to go through withdrawals for even up to a week due to issues w/ doctor/pharmacy/insurance shit. way less often do I have to suffer withdrawals than when I was buying non-rx pills and heroin though. because even though I'm a total junkie for the subs I always make sure no matter what I don't run out until at least the day I can fill my scrip. learn some self control or suffer withdrawals when it comes to rxed opioids. harsh truth.

My experience has been that time is the only sure fire cure, but until that point, Making a hot pad (for sore muscles) - towel soaked in hot water, place in ziplock. and chocolate.
Has to be actual chocolate, like a hershey bar original. Helps with stress, as we as restoring a lacking magnesium level.

One more question

But if I did go to the hospital, could they tell if I got them both filled in a month or do they even look into that?

Unless Alabama is diff. Than anywhere else in the USA , yes they will see that ...... And at least in Wa. , ER's will not rx opi's now so ppl don't go hoping to leave w one ......

It depends on the hospital system, and what systems they use, nowadays with technology and all when you are being Triaged in the ER by the triage nurse they will be asking you symptoms typing their shit in their computer and some will ask you if you are still so and so medications, which leads me to believe that some hospitals have the technology where the triage nurse can see all scripted meds you're currently on. The advice given above to just deal with withdrawal isn't bad advice but if you are currently in legitimate pain and you have insurance and a co pay of $150 or whatever your copay is for an ER visit, then go ahead and go to the ER and be upfront and hope you get a sympathetic Nurse/Doctor, it all depends on the nurse or doc, some times in the past I've been completely shut down for help with narcotic pain meds due to them knowing my past addiction, and other times while telling the nurse that I am a recovering addict and I know I it can be a touchy subject but that I am in pain and am requesting something for pain it doesn't have to be a narcotic, and the awesome nurse said right after what I just said, said to me "I can give you a shot of Dilaudid"? Of course I greatfully obliged!

Thank you

Thanks everyone! Addiction is ruining my life, and I've been in 2 rehabs and came out worse. I literally am in pain. The dr just won't give me enough.

If you go to the hospital and request or imply a need for Opioids to treat your back pain, there is certainly a chance that they will find out about it. Most states have a pharmacy monitoring system, which operates just how you might think; combing through pharmacy records looking for prescriptions that aren't "right" or that indicate some "doctor shopping".

Absolutely do not go to the emergency room. If you get nailed for doing this, you could be labeled a "drug-seeker" formally and from then on, it will be a true bitch to get any kind of controlled substance.

It's Hydrocodone, so don't expect the kind of withdrawals described by heroin addicts like myself, which are probably way more intense and debilitating. Just go through your withdrawal and at least lower your tolerance. Be happy that you still have any scripts available in the future, as it sounds like you're really operating on the edge here. We all go through it... it's addiction.

Hurting so bad

Yea, i'm literally hurting so bad. Aches and pains all over, can't stop crying, chills, and I feel like I can't move. Its horrible!!!! You guys have been great, and no I'm not going to ER and risk losing my meds. Thank you all!

Yea, i'm literally hurting so bad. Aches and pains all over, can't stop crying, chills, and I feel like I can't move. Its horrible!!!! You guys have been great, and no I'm not going to ER and risk losing my meds. Thank you all!
Opiate withdrawals cause pain!!!
Doesnt mean you ligetimetly need to keep being dwpendant on your pain meds. It seems like u act like ur in all this lain and need the drugs but the withdrawals are what seems to be putting u in pain in the first place. Just suck it up like tightly wound said. And if u can go around 3 days u can put up with the rest of the week unless your physically weak. Not saying that u are of course i dont know you. Lastly why are you crying? Because u miss the opiate high or is the withdrawals that bad? Eithrr way you can put up with the withdrawal

Your withdrawaling off of hydrocodone/vicodin.. Suck it up jesus. Now when your coming off of OC's and anything harder then come back and figure out what can help. Your lucky its just Vicodin. Nothing that Imodium cant fix for your withdrawals. If you were to do a google search or search these forums you would find what you would need to fix your withdrawals/sickness.

You don't want to get tagged as a drug seeker, then you won't be able to get shit for the rest of your life.

Hydrocodone withdrawals can be horrible, just like anything. Each drug has a unique withdrawal, they all really suck in different ways.

Look into Kratom perhaps but don't try to keep getting more prescriptions, you'll end up getting caught.

In my state there is a database that keeps track of all controlled substance scripts one fills. If your doc thinks you're drug seeking they can very easily check this database and see what you've gotten recently, who prescribed it, and where you filled it. If your scripts came from different docs and were filled at different pharmacies they can see that and will probably label you a drug seeker.

Even of the doc gives you a script the pharmacy has the same ability to view this database and if they see multiple scripts from multiple docs/pharmacies they will almost certainly not fill the script. And once your name is tarnished it's very hard to clear up. I used to visit the ER when my scripts ran short and one doc even went as far as calling my PM doc and letting them know what I was doing.

My advice, if you really have chronic pain get set up with one pain management doc, use one pharmacy only, and do your best to make your scripts last. In my state the pharmacist will always check the database before filling a controlled substance whether it be Xanax (a schedule 4 drug) or hydro or oxy (schedule 2 drugs). If they see anything weird like it being too soon for a fill, multiple docs or pharmacies they will either flat out refuse to fill the script or lie and say they don't have it in stock. I stopped going to the ER to fill in the gaps long ago as I came on the verge of having my record tainted to where no one would fill anything. Since then I stick to the same doc and the same pharmacy and have done so for a long time and never have problems so long as it's not too early to fill.

Suck it up and take immodium. I can guarantee you that what you are feeling now is the tip of the iceberg. Its only been a month and wds will only get worse if u keep going. Just wait until you can't stop sneezing and puking all at the same time and perhaps you will shit on yourself too. It gets much much worse. Stop now

But if I did go to the hospital, could they tell if I got them both filled in a month or do they even look into that?

yes they will if they are an average hospital be able to see your recent controlled substances Rxs filled.
drives me crazy I know I have no chance of ever getting any drugs from the hospital no matter how painful whatever condition I've come in w/ is because I'm Rxed zubsolv (buprenorphrine/naloxone) and they see that and won't give me opioids.
ALSO ...I went to the hospital about a month after I got out of inpatient rehab (wasn't on bupe at the time) for fucking painful ass MRSA and got NOTHING for pain because they saw in their computer that I'd been in rehab! how fucked is that? any hospital I go to can see my rehab history! I feel like that should be confidential. ugh. when I was in the hospital for MRSA before rehab I got oxy. now I'm fucked out of pain meds for life because of rehab and suboxone. FML.

No of course yoy wouldnt risk that. You cant even live a proper life without taking them atm with your dependancy. Withdrawal so u dont have this problem anymore

So before these two scripts of hydro in one month were you on anything long term? I don't know what dose the hydros were but it takes time for the body to develop a physical tolerance that creates the physical symptoms of withdrawal but there is a heavy psychological component. I have had emotional symptoms in wd (crying spells, panic, depression, suicidality) so it is normal for some people to experience what you are talking about. And I've had some doctors in the ER prescribe despite and others at the same hospital look into the prescription monitoring database and have issues with me. Wd can feel like you're dying but it doesn't really warrant a trip to the ER unless it is life threatening (coming off alcohol/benzos and having seizures for example) so tough it out as best you can. There are lots of great tips on bl that can ease symptoms. And it'll start to get easier after 48 hours off hydrocodone. Those 48 hours feel way longer so sleep and distract yourself to help get through them. You can do it though just stick to it yo!