• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I'm glad I decided to stick with Hydrocodone instead of trying the Oxy..

Ringo88

Bluelighter
I took 5mg more than my usual dose, 10mg, equaling 15mg of Hydrocodone. I'm very, very high, and would not want to get any higher than this, especially since I take 10mg of Valium every day. It's funny, I've had panic attacks on Opiates before because I thought I couldn't breathe, but I've realized it's all in my head. My breathing seems to be just fine, and my pulse is going just as it normally does. I can see though, just from the dazed feeling, how higher doses could easily cause Overdose and death.

I don't plan on ever taking anymore than 15mg of Hydrocone in one sitting, and if I limit my use to about 2 times a month, would that be sufficient in keeping my tolerance low? From what I gather, I'm rather lucky to be this high off only 15mg of Hydrocodone. Glad I took all of your advice, so glad I found this site!

I'm sitting here in my new apartment, my first one ever, feeling in absolute bliss. As nice as it feels, this is not something I would want to feel all the time. Just a once in a while kind of thing. Actually has me kind of stimulated, and has me very itchy. Sorry for the random thread, just want to thank you guys for the advice to avoid the Oxy and stick to Hydro. I also feel very happy, so I wanted to post. :)

Nobody ever plans on getting addicted, and everyone who gets addicted starts by saying "if I only take X amount every X times per week/month there is no way I'll get addicted."

Just know that if it was as easy as limiting use then it wouldn't be a problem for anyone.

To answer your question, tolerance will not be an issue if you only take 15mg twice a month. Please try to stick to your current plan - but if you notice that you start breaking your own rules take it as a sign that you are walking a dangerous path. I wish you the very best of luck and I hope this doesn't come across as preachy.

I appreciate the advice Will, and I didn't take it as being preachy at all. In fact, upon reflection just sitting here, I don't think I'm going to use again for a long, long time. I've got too many things going good for me to even begin to tread down a path, that at the very least, will cost me money I don't need to spend, and of course even having the chance of getting addicted. It's a nice feeling and all, but I just got my own place for the first time in my life at the age of 27. I've accomplished so much in the past year.

I need to focus on getting off Valium, doing good at work, and just trying to further myself as a person and human being. I'm actually really glad you said what you said.

Congrats on the new life. Right now i take about 70-80mg of oxy a day. I started with hydrocodone taking about 30mg a day. This addiction is something that just happens while you're having fun then next thing you know you're sick and can't get your fix before work. If you can put them down and don't look back then you should.

Nobody ever plans on getting addicted, and everyone who gets addicted starts by saying "if I only take X amount every X times per week/month there is no way I'll get addicted."

Just know that if it was as easy as limiting use then it wouldn't be a problem for anyone.

To answer your question, tolerance will not be an issue if you only take 15mg twice a month. Please try to stick to your current plan - but if you notice that you start breaking your own rules take it as a sign that you are walking a dangerous path. I wish you the very best of luck and I hope this doesn't come across as preachy.

this person speaks the truth. I would venture to guess most opiate dependent people started just like you did. Getting fucked up on 15-40 mg hydro every now and then, next thing you know you might be stealing money from people you love just to get a couple more bags of h. Me personally I consider myself a recovering opiate addict (i currently limit myself to two pills per week never on consecutive days) but I've never taken hydro and oxy only a handful of times I started right off on the opanas (do not try them). Ive never IVd h but ive snorted and smoked my fair share when my connects are out towards the end of the month and I've never done any h that comes close to the euphoric feeling you get from railing 30-40 mg of opana. Its a slippery slope man no shit be careful

Congrats on the new life. Right now i take about 70-80mg of oxy a day. I started with hydrocodone taking about 30mg a day. This addiction is something that just happens while you're having fun then next thing you know you're sick and can't get your fix before work. If you can put them down and don't look back then you should.

Good advise here too. If you can put them down now do it. Nothing sucks like being up at 4 am knowing you need to leave for work in an hour or so but it's all you can do just make it to the bathroom so you don't shit your pants. At the same time your connect wont be up until 10 am or so so you lay out of work for the morning telling your boss you're sick then show up at lunch after you score ready to get some shit done. yeah they'll figure out what you're up to sooner than you think

I appreciate the advice Will, and I didn't take it as being preachy at all. In fact, upon reflection just sitting here, I don't think I'm going to use again for a long, long time. I've got too many things going good for me to even begin to tread down a path, that at the very least, will cost me money I don't need to spend, and of course even having the chance of getting addicted. It's a nice feeling and all, but I just got my own place for the first time in my life at the age of 27. I've accomplished so much in the past year.

I need to focus on getting off Valium, doing good at work, and just trying to further myself as a person and human being. I'm actually really glad you said what you said.

I'm glad you thought through the situation - one I was in about four years ago. I was 25, had a good job, was getting married and was doing extremely well. I had been doing hydros, oxies, opanas and poppy pod tea about once a week. I used responsibly for quite a while but inevitably my use increased. My doses started raising and it got to the point that I was using every day.

Eventually it got bad enough that I went to rehab and got sober. I still love drugs and would love to get high but I am not going to for risk of losing my happiness, my wife and the life I have build for myself. I am glad you value what you have.

Congrats on accomplishing so much this past year and I hope you are doing well

Last edited:
Good one Ringo88, take all the excellent advice above and pat yourself on the back for not moving onto oxycodone with regard to the title of this thread. Tolerance to opiates builds like no other class of drugs I've been addicted to (which shamefully is a few), having to take hundreds of milligrams to keep from feeling like shit and eventually WD'ing horrendously I imagine as I've been using twice a day for 19 months continuously never gone more than 25hrs between doses, these days I don't get beyond 17hrs between doses cos I feel wretched, tremors and runny nose and eyes watering quadruplet grouped sneezes' as I wake (almost humorous if I wasn't so depressed) - I get out of bed clammering for my dose, it's pathetic.

Avoid all that shit like the plague Ringo, choose to win in life, you got very high and quite frankly there isn't much more if any to it. You've experienced it in the best possible light - nice and high, wary of taking more due to the high. That's all any of us addicts could hope to get but in the end it's near impossible to repeat due to consistent abuse, it is a dangerous path, but you've chosen life Ringo88.