• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I'm floating an idea for a harm reduction/drug awareness campaign

Mowlface

Greenlighter
I want to start a drugs awareness/harm reduction campaign that would be for people of all ages: kids that haven't taken drugs before; casual drug users/general at-risk population; relatives of people who are possibly casual drug users; general public (cab drivers, late-license shops/bars).

The reason I want to do this is because my family has recently suffered a great tragedy; my 16 year old cousin has possibly suffered severe brain damage (it?s still too early on to know the full extent) because she took 2ecstasy pills and her friends (and general public) had no idea when emergency medical help was necessary. This experience has made me realise that there is a huge gap in useful education related to taking drugs safely and understanding when someone isn't "just a bit fucked" and their well-being is now at risk.

So, here are my questions to you:

• Is there anything you wish you knew before you started taking drugs that would?ve made your drug use safer?
  • If you have kids, is there anything you would want them to know?
  • If you have been in a similar situation to me, is there anything you would want to tell the general public that you think would help catch these situations early and help prevent serious damage?
  • Do you have any stories that you would like to share that you think people need to hear?

Anything you want to share will be greatly appreciated, and obviously if this does materialise into a full campaign, any stories would only be used with permission from the OP.

Check out

"Whats in my baggie?" By vice on youtube

basically its unfortunate kids even adults think they have mdma when they most likely dont.