• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I'm Close... Need some help

Good news... It finally broke late last night. Pain is down. For the first time in months I don't have a runny nose and sneezing. I felt better today than I have in a very long time. Flew at the local park and went out with the wife shopping.

Looking back now I think I just had a longer set of withdrawals. Not unheard of I guess. Decade of morphine....

Hope this lasts and I dont get another round... Glad now I hung in there.

R13

That's awesome. Yeah, it's crazy how long acute WD symptoms can linger.

I feel 100% better. pain is workable. All the withdrawal symptoms are gone. Only issues now are lower energy, sweating and the breakout on my chest could be used for a dominos pizza commercial. 1 300mg gabapentin at night followed by a hot bath and its lights out. I am sooooo happy this crap is over. Holy shit this was bad.

No cravings... Thank God.

R13

Checking in... 31 days clean. Went in today for first in-house screening on the experimental spinal simulator. Past the screen. Scheduled for MRI and psch eval. Looking good so far. :)

quick update... 40 days clean. Still getting occasional bouts of pins/needles. Sleep is still a bit messed up. Breaking out on my chest. Pain has fully reset ( Thank you Brain ). I feel good. Activity level is up. Gaming, riding, working, flying. Life is good.

Looking back now... I very much doubt I will go back into pain management again. Exercise and eating right is the ticket.

Thank God my brain reset the pain.... :)

R13

Side note - Im going to bail on that study. My pain level is that low right now. Pretty happy!!!! Sometimes you have to go through hell to get to heaven...

Congrats, R13. Sounds like you're doing everything right. Keep it up, man.

Wow R13--you are STRONG!! You really managed to keep your eye on the prize, which God knows is grueling during the process.

When I detoxed my symptoms lasted awhile-I also was on opiates for a long time for chronic pain and IV h thrown in here and there.

I felt validated reading your post-as I was being told "Ive never heard of anyones w/d lasting so long" , "I was fine in 4 days, 5 tops", etc. Great thread. Im really glad you're feeling much better. ❤️

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.... That you will be fine in 4-5 days threw me too. I did look around and found quite a few H guys who had really long withdrawals. One guy did over 20 in jail.

I think it has alot to do with your age and the number of years of use. Either way it was brutal and sucked.

The miracle here for me was the pain reset. My pain level feels like in was in my early 30's ( 56 now ). I'm wondering if the intense pain of withdrawal played a part in lowering it so low.

Im in paws now but that is so mild compared to the acute. Still getting a bit of pins and needles and allergy stuff. Itching etc.

10 years of morphine.... Im free.

Good luck and stay free of it.

R13

Wow R13--you are STRONG!! You really managed to keep your eye on the prize, which God knows is grueling during the process.

When I detoxed my symptoms lasted awhile-I also was on opiates for a long time for chronic pain and IV h thrown in here and there.

I felt validated reading your post-as I was being told "Ive never heard of anyones w/d lasting so long" , "I was fine in 4 days, 5 tops", etc. Great thread. Im really glad you're feeling much better. ❤️

54 days clean... Feeling pretty good. Energy level is about 75%. Working and playing. Pain is very low ( 2-4 ). I ended quitting that stimulator study. Still getting occasional very minor paws symptoms. I ended up quitting the gabapentin as I had an allergic reaction to it ( Hives - nasty stuff all over my chest ). Started using benadryl at night.

Still feeling very blessed with the pain reset.....

Will keep updating this till im up to 100%...

R13

Just checking in... Doing fine. No opiates or cravings. Pain level is up a bit from my last post. Im over 3 months now. Starting to sleep a bit better. Life is good!!!!

Just checking in... Doing fine. No opiates or cravings. Pain level is up a bit from my last post. Im over 3 months now. Starting to sleep a bit better. Life is good!!!!

So glad to hear it, man. That's really impressive progress. <3

Checking in... This will be my last post for a bit. Things in the last few weeks have progressively gotten worse. My pain level is way up. Up to the point where its effecting my ability to function. Spending alot of time in my chair. Blood pressure is hitting the dangerous levels again. Weight is going up and diabetes will soon follow if I cannot get that in check. Fatigue is way up too. Its like I entered a time warp and i'm where I was pre pain management 14-15 years ago.

I'm going to continue fighting this but its not looking good. Still no insurance. I'm forcing my self to exercise. Taking supplements, etc. Life goes on...

R13

R13...Do you have pool access to swim laps? It's a life saver for me, as I cannot tolerate pain meds.

I'm sorry that your pain levels have increased. I can empathize. Me, too. Don't give up on yourself!

sim...Stay strong, my friend! I often read your posts and think "Day-em, I wish we could sit and talk!"

Listen in the distance...It's the rustling of pom-poms CHEERING you on!!!

I am genuinely saddened that you are going through this R.

However-I also know how determined you are. I too, am cheering you on. Hang in there. <3

Just read your thread, you have great strength and fortitude and have made amazing progress. Hope you have better days ahead.

Checking in... Thanks for the support. That big pain onset ended up being a Flare Up. Lasted 4 days. Was really not ready for it. You forget what its like when your comfortably numb for years. I'm in another milder one right now. Guess this is something im going to have to adjust to again. I have been burning through my old nsaids and currently have 3.5 months of celebrex left. Decided that I would decide what direction I take at that point. Im still exercising. Still drug free. Sleep is normal. Still adjusting to pain levels.

Im Hanging in there... Thanks again all... Will check back later.

R13

Been almost a month and im checking in... The last 3 weeks or so have been interesting. Shortly after my last post I realized how down I was. The daily pain was just wearing me down. Sat and hemmed and hawed about starting the tramadol for some relief. Just before taking the plunge I ran into an old friend. He teaches medicine at a local school out here. He suggested stacking higher doses of Ibuprophen and low doses of tylenol. I started doing that and it did help but was not enough... Desperate one night I called a friend and picked up some MJ. That has helped more than anything else has so far. Im smoking at night an hour or so before bed. My body is actually relaxing and the toss and turn nights are much better. My pain level is down and my days are much better... Hard to believe im smoking MJ again... Never thought I would see that day. But hey... Its better than going back to opiates. Health wise I still have these damned pins and needles on my chest and back... they go away then come back. Really weird... My nerves have run amok. Life goes on... Still opiate free... R13

This should be my last post in this thread. Finishing this phase of my life. Since my last post I have finally come full circle. Pain is way down. Pins and needles are finally gone ( Thank god ). I stopped the MJ days after I posted last. The MJ was just another of my grasping at straws moment. When your in chronic pain you will do almost anything... I am still opiate free and don't see that changing for a long time to come.

So why the big change... I think my dopamine levels are finally coming back to a normal level. Sleep has normalized. I stack Ibuprofen and Tylenol just prior to bed. It really helps with the tossing and turning at night by keeping pain levels down.

I put on about 10 lbs since quitting the opiates and am in the process of dropping that. Still ride the bike daily.

I want to thank god and all those that posted and supported me. This was a rough run... I made it. If I did anyone can.

Thank you Bluelighters!!!!

Happy New Year. Reanimator