• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I'm Back...

LopLover

Bluelighter
I was a steady poster a couple of years ago but have fallen away. 2 1/2 years ago I got off Suboxone after quite a few years on it after decades, on and off, of opiate addiction. I just found my old thread but don't know, since the most recent post is that old, if I should post there or elsewhere. I replaced Sub with kratom, and now that has become a problem. Actually it's more that my brain and body don't work well without opioids on board, as I've gone 6 months and more with nothing and never felt right. Plus I'm a chronic pain patient and tired of living in severe pain. So I'm going to the new clinic in town and hoping to get back on Sub.

My immediate question, if anyone can answer it, is this: When starting to take Sub after kratom daily use, is there a risk of precipitated withdrawals if I don't wait a certain period of time or get into a certain amount of withdrawal? It seemed like before, when I was going in the opposite direction, I could take them kind of interchangeably, but I don't trust my own memories. I worry about it because when I went from methadone to Sub, I didn't wait long ago and went into precipitated withdrawals. A horror show I don't want to repeat!