PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous I'm back from the dead, need advice on storage after 10 years

Kishka

Bluelighter
Hello,

It's been a while since I've been here.

I hope you are well, I missed you! My thoughts to Solipsis and all the team I knew in 2012.

For me it's going well, I had some personal worries during these last years but I feel much better.

I'm now working in the video game industry (I worked on games like StarCraft 2, Heroes of The Storm, Resident Evil: Village, Cyberpunk 2077 and Death Stranding 2) and I'm currently back in my home country Sweden.

I digress but when I went back to my teenage room, I found my boxes of Research Chemicals collection dating back to 2012 for the oldest purchase and 2017 for the most recent. My Research Chemicals collection consists at least over 100 differents substance.. I started collecting them in the past and I barely touch them.
I also have extremely rare Research Chemicals such as TMA-6, ZDCM-4, DOPr, DOM, etc...

I might as well tell you that it awakened my curiosity... I looked at my phenethylamine and tryptamine powders and some of them have changed a bit in color (either they are a bit less white), some blotters (AL-LAD, ALD-52, 1P-LSD) have slightly yellowed.

I also found some tryptamines a bit brownish or totally black (like 4-HO-MET, 4-ACO-DMT), dissociatives like Methoxetamine, Methoxphenidine did not change in color or very little.

I have some pills bought on websites that have also lost some of their colors, even some packaging from an old Spanish seller where the writing is starting to become illegible. Also AMT which has become totally pink, stimulants like Methiopropamine, 3-FPM which have changed a bit in texture and visual appearance.

I went back home with my boxes and it's been 7 years since I used any psychoactive substance except Alprazolam and cigarettes (Alpraozolam which I reduced my dosages and I'm proud of it).

So, I was tempted to test my research chemicals because it hurts my heart to see my collection in this state (or else I get ideas and everything is still good). Which means that I am tempted to test my RC's in order not to die of stupidity and I also have some substances that are incredible and that I have never experimented with.

You will say to me but why? Now that I am almost 31, I have matured, worked on my anxiety and feel more inclined to use these substances for non-recreational purposes.

My substances are stored for the most part (phenethylamines, some benzos, lysergamides, tryptamines, pills) in amber glass vials in a shoebox, locked in a larger box away from light and heat. I also have other substances in their original ziplock that are packed in even bigger ziplocks (because yes not easy to store everything in amber vials), only and I guess it's with time, the writing of some substances are not too readable anymore :(

I would have liked to know if my Research chemicals which are more than 10 - 11 years old for some of them (it goes from tryptamines to phenethylamines) if there was any danger to test them in spite of the change of appearance in colors of some substances. I often read that phenethylamines can be kept for more than 50 - 60 years without any problem but why did some of them change colors? My 2C-E for example is a little less "white", it turns a little yellow. Do I risk to get intoxicated? Do they still work?

Do I have to throw everything away?

It would be nice if someone with experience could help me.
I am also sorry for my English, I used an online translator

TLDR: Back in my country, I would like to test again my RC's which are now 10 - 11 years old, some of them have changed colors and I am afraid to be intoxicated because of this or that they have lost potency.

Many of them are still fine. I can tell you personally my mouth was salivating just thinking about it lol. The tryptamines are probably the biggest concern. Expect most of the phenethylamines to be fine. The lysergamides it’s debatable but I’d wager they hold at least some psychoactivity.

Unfortunately the study of RC drug decomposition products is about as rare as drug research comes, there is some level of risk but nothing more risky than taking RC’s themselves. I’d personally start with some MXE with the way everyone raves about it.

You should update us on the efficacy of the drugs you try. Notes on stability are always appreciated.

-GC

My guess is most of them will be just fine. The lysergamide may have gotten weaker or are just fine. It is odd, I have had acid go flat after 1 or 2 years and I have had acid stay potent for over 10. Never figured out a common denominator as to why although one time I think I got some blotters moist from the freezer. Seems acid stores better at room temp for me. Honestly out of the millions of times I tripped I think I had flat acid 3 times, flat morning glory seeds twice. It is as if less and less dimensions open up. Also morning glory and acid that went stale seem very similar.

I think Phens are good forever. Benzos too. Willing to bet the tryptamines are good too still. Someone gifted some 4-ACO-DMT to me a few years back. What little I have is stored in the freezer. But I also took about 20 mgs and just folded it in parchment paper and left it pretty much in a drawer. It is still white, same color as the stuff from the freezer and no color change. I think these guys are right, fumarate can last very long.

I do remember you Kishka, come back and update us on the results. I am sure this group would love to hear about any ingestion you do.

I admit I use to be a little paranoid about publically speaking about psychedelics. But in 2023 legalization has started just like it did with cannabis.

Thanks for your suggestions.

So my phenethylamines should be fine? What about the rest, like pressed pills, lysergamides, trytpamines, dissociatives? Will it be toxic?
I'm unsure about trying it, I don't want to be intoxicated in a bad way.

Thank you.

At least 6 or 7 years old, Whenever the first modern (post 200) batches were available.

That's an amazing find. I tend to throw out bags leftover to 'better decision making' with the leftover drugs in them - cause MOM I'm gonna get sober THIS time!

Stupid joke aside, the questions here seem to be answered. I'd personally believe what they say about the chems holding up and still throw away anything which has changed colour.

The AL LAD has darkened considerably but I have tested as recently as autumn 2022 and they were still as strong and clean as when they were new. For what it's worth, the AL LAD started as slightly grey when new, not bright white and have aged to a golden brown.

Even if they are changing color they arent gonna get you sick, thats just the compound slowly degrading overtime. Ive had Tryptamines that were years old and went from crisp white when they were new to dark brown when kept at room temp for years. When i took them i tripped just as hard as before, i even took extra thinking it might be weaker and i deff didnt need to.

These drugs arent going to degrade into anything that is poisonous, the only concern would be potency. The phenethylamines are stable for hundreds of years and nothing to worry about in regards to those, the Lysergamides changing color is to be expected but id guess they will still be psychoactive.

Dissociatives stay good at room temp in the dark and i bet those are just as potent as when you got them. Dont think you have reason to be concerned, sounds like quite the collection you have there. Personally i would not throw anything away, cuz that would just be sacrilegious considering the rarity of some drugs.

Have loads of fun 😄

Thanks a bunch, so even 2C-E which has changed a bit of color should be good? I forgot about the AMT which is totally pink and some pressed pills on which the colors have degraded... Would still be ok to try?
I won't be able to let you know for at least February since I need to move stuff to another place and it takes some times.
Thanks once again! This is why I love Bluelight :love:

@Cheshire_Kat Yes, my AL-LAD and even 1P-LSD (first batch too from the lizards - RIP to them -) are also yellowed, they are not white like back in the days even stored in amber glass vials in the dark, but I assume they still rocks since you've tried them. Even small loss of potency shouldn't be too noticeable.
Such a shame those compounds are not available online, now all I see is lots of variations like 1V, 1cP, 1D I'm kinda lost with the RC scene now and the chems looks even weirder and maybe dangerous than the first "generation" of RCs.

Sounds like a great collection! I still mourn for my teenage stash box. I have aMT freebase that is around 13 years old and it still seems as effective as it ever was. It has darkened a bit over time but not a lot of change. It was not stored in ideal conditions either.

Thanks!
If someone else want to chime in, feel free.
I think I will try 5-MeO-DALT or Methoxetamine after this long 8 years break and see how it goes.
I don't want to be annoying but is my Ethylphenidate and AMT gone bad? The colors is pink for both of them.

@Cheshire_Kat Yes, my AL-LAD and even 1P-LSD (first batch too from the lizards - RIP to them -) are also yellowed, they are not white like back in the days even stored in amber glass vials in the dark, but I assume they still rocks since you've tried them. Even small loss of potency shouldn't be too noticeable.
Such a shame those compounds are not available online, now all I see is lots of variations like 1V, 1cP, 1D I'm kinda lost with the RC scene now and the chems looks even weirder and maybe dangerous than the first "generation" of RCs.

I’ve had LSD blotters yellow on me over time and still retain activity. I know not exactly the same but might be some minor impurities.

I’m honestly excited to hear what has survived. I wouldn’t worry much about any of the newer RC’s, you lived during the golden era and reaped the rewards. I kick myself for being a poor festival wook back in those days that couldn’t hardly support himself let alone purchase obscure RC’s. Thankfully I tried a few of the ones I was most curious about along the way. Now I could afford whatever but there’s not much besides some dissos these days that call to me. (And I have trust issues with those.)

Btw what TMA’s do you have? Have you tried TMA-6? Always curious on the TMA series.

-GC

Thanks a bunch, so even 2C-E which has changed a bit of color should be good? I forgot about the AMT which is totally pink and some pressed pills on which the colors have degraded... Would still be ok to try?
I won't be able to let you know for at least February since I need to move stuff to another place and it takes some times.
Thanks once again! This is why I love Bluelight :love:

I'm susprised your 2C-E changed color at all honestly, as phenethylamines are generally extremely stable. But you don't need to worry about toxic degradation products, the only worry is loss of potency. I would guess that some tryptamines and lysergamides have lost some potency... I would be very surprised if any phenethylamines did. Generally the more color change, the greater the loss of potency. But I have read reports of peoples' 4-AcO-DMT or other tryptamines turning full-on black, and they were still able to trip (though personally, I would throw a drug that turned black away).

Also, hey, welcome back! :) I definitely remember you. It's always good to see someone from the old days pop in.

Thanks!
If someone else want to chime in, feel free.
I think I will try 5-MeO-DALT or Methoxetamine after this long 8 years break and see how it goes.
I don't want to be annoying but is my Ethylphenidate and AMT gone bad? The colors is pink for both of them.

I found 5-meo-dalt pretty mild...maybe good for getting back into things. Smoking it was my preferred ROA, nice little rush.

I'm susprised your 2C-E changed color at all honestly, as phenethylamines are generally extremely stable. But you don't need to worry about toxic degradation products, the only worry is loss of potency. I would guess that some tryptamines and lysergamides have lost some potency... I would be very surprised if any phenethylamines did. Generally the more color change, the greater the loss of potency. But I have read reports of peoples' 4-AcO-DMT or other tryptamines turning full-on black, and they were still able to trip (though personally, I would throw a drug that turned black away).

Also, hey, welcome back! :) I definitely remember you. It's always good to see someone from the old days pop in.

Thanks for your input! Well, the color is slightly different but it's still pretty white same goes for the Methoxetamine and MXP. As for AMT, what gives? I'm still wondering about the pink color.
Of course I do remember you, you helped me a lot back in the days and we shared NMR results of 2C-B-FLY and DOPr, I remember very well!

@islander20 Thanks, that's why I was thinking going into 5-MeO-DALT as it should be *gentle*

@Kishka

Anyone who worked on Starcraft 2 is a legend in my eyes.

That methoxetamine you have makes me drool. It's probably more rare now than you imagine. People were selling a gram of it for thousands of $ back in 2019. Production disappeared about 7 years ago in China after they banned it, and people still fiend for it. No other countries have ever offered it again. Probably the most desirable RC to ever exist... and now completley gone to memory.

I don't even like dissos that much but MXE was like disso heroin. So good.