• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I'm 17 and want to try candyflipping at an upcoming uv paint rave?

naialicexo1

Greenlighter
I'm 17, a teenage girl who lives in england. I've done cocaine, mdma, ketamine, speed and smoke weed alot. I am not addicted, I am cautious, curious, and relatively smart with drugs if you can get past the fact that I am using. I have a question about taking e and lsd together? I'm going to a rave this Saturday, it's a uv paint rave and is going to insane and packed with people. I was going to get a gram of mdma and go, but me and my mates where talking and started saying how amazing it would be to be tripping on acid in a setting full of glowing people. Then we did some research on candy flipping and read that it's meant to be sensational. We are going to do it, but are still not so sure what is the best way to go about it. I've never done lsd but my best friend who I will soley be with that night has a little experience with it. I'm fairly confident with mdma and love the experience. We are wondering in what order do we take what, what the experience is like and what it will be like at a huge uv paint rave. I probably sound stupid but I can't find anything hugely in depth about candy flipping, experiences would be appreciated?

It's not a good idea sorry..

Taking a psychedelic for the first time is not okay to combine it with other serious drugs right away, especially not if it is also at an uncontrollable setting like a rave which is also a sort of normally unwritten rule of tripping, but it should be in our FAQ (link to PD faq is below in my signature).

That it can be great and you would otherwise have good ingredients for a nice party and special trip does not matter here. Learning how to handle a psychedelic must be built up step by step, otherwise it is extremely easy to get overwhelmed. Cause it never goes like you plan in on paper, it is very chaotic and psychologically complex, not simply seeing nice colors. First building up experience by trying LSD by itself in a safe controllable environment before you go enhancing the experience by doing it at a rave/party or combining it, is crucial.
MDMA is very loved up, but it does not magically fix everything or make sure it works out. It also really potentiates the psychedelic aspect of the trip.

Seriously.. take my advice and do this step by step, there is plenty of time to do all of this later and you will enjoy it that much more if you cherish every step. Find something for the rave that you have experience with and are confident you can handle, then plan out things like your first LSD trip better - find a nice time in the upcoming beautiful season, arrange a safe relaxed situation that can afford a snag or two, and go from there.

We have a centralized thread on Candyflipping, but I don't think it would help you at all to go there now.

I would be very careful with LSD. Sure MDMA "forces" happiness and really tries its hardest to push you to have a good experience and be comfortable, LSD is not like that. LSD can cause a bad head space if you are uncomfortable or experiencing any negative emotions. For a first time a rave is NOT the place. You can easily be overwhelmed, have a bad trip which will ruin the night and LSD for you, or worst case you could have a psychotic break if you dose to high and find yourself arrested.

You are young and these are not some kind of fun pass time these are drugs, especially LSD. If you have not see the "bad" side of LSD take time to read about people going insane before you decide to think of it lightly. I am by no means trying to tell you not to take acid but you are approaching it like ice cubes in water making the night better by default and I assure you that is not the case with LSD. I apologize it is just terrifying to see young kids act like LSD is marijuana or something, once you have had to deal with a psychotic break for 6 hours while your trippin too you will understand why I respect it so.

As an aside.. I'm always really paranoid around UV lights when my pupils are all dilated from drugs. I've never really researched it, but I doubt that there is much safety regulation around these kinds of party lights, and especially taking into account eyes that are super dilated. I always imagine my retinas getting roasted.. probably mostly paranoia haha..

^ They call it fryin for a reason eh? Hahah

I'm gonna mimic what everyone else said.

*insert long dialogue about why LSD in social situations almost always sucks a fat dick*

For real though. I've taken LSD maybe 10 or 11 times now, and you still wouldn't catch me going to a rave or something crowded on it. Maybe that's just me though. I don't really dig EDM. I have a female friend who is also trying to pressure me into letting her trip at a fucking Wiz Khalifa concert *shudders*, and she's like "I'll just see buildings walking and pretty colors right?" No, that's the furthest thing from the truth. LSD is nothing like you expect it to be. You can't understand it without doing it. There are no words for it. LSD and hardcore psychedelics are not to be fucked with. They need to be planned for accordingly and used responsibly. I have a friend who ALWAYS gets some sort of home-sick panic attack thing every time we trip, and I tell you what, he ain't cut out for tripping. You might find yourself at that rave, tripping dick, questioning existence, realizing just how fucking unimportant you are in relation to the grand scheme of things, and you might suddenly realize you don't like LSD... well guess what?! You're only in the second hour, there's 10 more fucking hours to go and then another 6 before you sleep!

Do you see now? It's not a drug cut out for shit like that, maybe at an outdoor fest where you can escape and there's music playing all night long, but some 4-6 hour rave? You're gonna be tripping dick for hours after it's done. You say you've researched this well... and yet you ask if it's a good idea to candy flip for your first time? I've never tried MDMA, but I can tell you LSD is intense, and there's no such thing as a 100% positive or 100% negative trip; it's a drug where you experience all that it is to be human, all at once. And that can be both terror inducing and awe inspiring.

Please think about your own good before you go eating random drugs in a crowd of strangers. You may very well go ahead with it and have a great time, but I can tell you that if I knew you in real life I'd be trying real hard to convince you to try it out in a suitable setting first before you went balls to the wall at a rave.

At least only take the LSD and find out what it's like; don't go mucking up the experience or overwhelming yourself for your first trip. Find out what LSD is all about before you go mixing things in, and then maybe if you think it's lacking (and I can assure you, it isn't) you can try cautiously adding on other drugs.

And test your LSD! If it's bitter, it's a spitter!

Last edited:
I love LSD in public the more crowded the better, like i said that is how you truly experience psychedelics. You get to see how crazy the real world is but you need to be very experienced. I think it is very closed minded to just say it sucks in public it simply requires a lot of training. I need to be in public for at least part of my trip the more public the better. I mean like post office on a crowded day jackass yelling at a postal employee who doesnt care kind of public, you know really hardcore shit.

^ I don't think I could handle the post office on a sober day, let alone tripping. Whatever gets your goat man. Maybe the OP really gets off to being around people too. I really get off to being alone. I really only enjoy LSD on my own these days anyways, so maybe my view is skewed and useless to the OP.

I don't think it's close minded for me to express that I personally feel most any social situation sucks on L, because that is my reality, I'm not closing my mind, I'm accepting that I have social phobias. I think I mentioned prior that I would probably do it at an outdoor fest, and I'll stick by that. I enjoy a good festival, where I can retreat to my car/tent if need be, and there's bluegrass and Doors cover songs wailing through the hills towards me. That's my kinda social LSD experience. Okay so maybe I made a black and white statement about something that ain't black and white... my bad hahah.

edit: wait no, I looked back at my post and I said "almost always sucks". So I guess I left some leeway hahah.

^ah ya got me with that one. And your right it doesn't matter what you like personally as that's for you to decide, I ment it's not right to assume that's everyone. I was offering my extreme example for the opposite view I have a friend like me so I get to enjoy it with another, nothing better then laughing at the "normies" going to work like I'm 18 again haha

I didn't mean to offend I was only trying to show LSDs flexibility.

^True, it is flexible indeed. I mean, I just always have real trouble when a "normie" (ahahah) tries to talk to me though. I couldn't even communicate effectively with my girlfriend who I've been dating for 5 years last time I tripped (mind you she's a sober person generally), I had to just ask her to leave because it was throwing me off so much.

I'll just reiterate, OP if you do decide to trip, just trip... don't throw another serious drug on top. People even find cannabis to be too much on acid sometimes (though I can't agree on that).

Candyflipping at raves is amazing, if you like candyflipping and you also like raves. If you don't like either of those things, it's a bloody disaster.

You know you like raves, but you have no idea if you like candyflipping. I'd recommend trying it in a lower-stakes environment first. If you find yourself going "Man, this experience would be so much better with a bunch of UV glow and like a thousand more people", then you have your answer.

Great tips here too. You are obv a party girl, but maybe you should slow it down. :) I've been there too, and well, candyflips are better in a smaller, social setting. At raves, I'd only want to be rolling (and smoking weed), I feel like that's what they're made for. Adding a psych will just up the chaos in a chaotic setting. Of course, you could do that, but it takes a lot of skill/luck to have fun with it properly in that setting, lol.

All of this is advice for when you turn at least 18, lol, good thing I read things twice all the time. Actually 21 is more like it. Damn, that's too much for someone that young. Just be careful, and test your stuff first.

I would certainly recommend having some experience with LSD first. Candy flipping is a totally different experience than MDMA. Much more intense.

I personally was quite a big fan of partying on LSD (lowish doses though), but I only started doing that after I'd taken LSD 4-5 times at home/outdoors and figured out what it was doing to me. Higher doses sometimes worked at raves, and other times were too overwhelming forcing me to go outside. Luckily I'd dropped my acid early in the night and simply went back to the rave around 3 at night when I'd come down a bit and still had a good time for a few hours there.

The general idea for candyflipping is to take your LSD first and wait to drop the MDMA until 3-5 hours in, once the LSD has peaked and you've hit the plateau. This is to avoid coming down from MDMA whilst you are still tripping.

As everyone else has said, overall it's a bad idea to do this. LSD has a pretty serious character and can mess with your head, especially if you're not experienced with it. You'd be better of taking something like 2C-B if you want to look at the cool UV glowing people/want a trippier experience than just MDMA by itself. That said, if this rave isn't too far away from a safe place you could retreat to if it gets too much (and you don't mind wasting money on entry fees), you could try it. I'd recommend to take the LSD 4 hours before you intend on leaving for this rave and see how it goes. If by the time you feel ready for it, take a small bit of MDMA when you get there and see how it goes.

On a side note, I hope you are not intending on consuming a whole gram of MDMA on the night out (not clear from your original post). I know people in the UK like to dose recklessly with most drugs, with an attitude of more = better, but IME with MDMA this is a pretty stupid thing to do.

If you do this, make sure that you do not have misrepresented substances. While mixing LSD and MDMA is safe, mixing 25I-NB2OMe and methylone is not. Much of the LSD in the street is actually a blend of deadly poisons, called bomamines.

If you do this, make sure that you do not have misrepresented substances. While mixing LSD and MDMA is safe, mixing 25I-NB2OMe and methylone is not. Much of the LSD in the street is actually a blend of deadly poisons, called bomamines.
Yes, very Good point.

Naialexico1. Remember: If it's bitter, it's a spitter.

Also, don't take your blotters sublingually, rather swallow them immediately. For LSD it doesn't matter, but NBOMe's are only active sublingually. Or even better, get an Ehrlichs reagent and test if it really is LSD you have.

Drugs that are sometimes sold in liquid or blotters can be DOx or NBOMe. Both of which could be possibly fatal, or at the least extremely nightmarish, to combine with MDMA.

Take care

Also, don't take your blotters sublingually, rather swallow them immediately. For LSD it doesn't matter, but NBOMe's are only active sublingually.

I think this has been demonstrated to be not true, pretty sure one of our fellow BLers tested this out by carefully swallowing some NBOMe, and still got decent effects. We probably need to stop spreading this idea.

I'll try to find a link for reference and post back.

OK I found the link: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...old-as-LSD?p=12392903&viewfull=1#post12392903

pupnik said:
dropped 300mics 25-c-nboh @ 5:30pm with a drink of gingerale
quite spaced out with some visuals by 6:00pm, not particularly slower than just chewing and sucking on the blotter.
I only miss the numbing of my tongue (really)
otherwise I would not dare to swallow a whole one or several
the idea that it is not orally (gut) active is a fallacy.

please remove the hope that you can swallow the blotters and wait to see if you have acid. NBOH or nbome will get you just as stoned if you swallow it as if you gum it, or chew it. or try not to swallow saliva (another myth)

Last edited:
I love LSD in public the more crowded the better, like i said that is how you truly experience psychedelics. You get to see how crazy the real world is but you need to be very experienced. I think it is very closed minded to just say it sucks in public it simply requires a lot of training.

this

in short you need to have tried it once before to gauge how you personally handle trips

also depends on the drug, low dose mescaline is very easy to handle. lsd can be difficult with paranoid threads later on

Do you think Mdma alone would be better? Managed to get hold of a gram of high quality crystal mdma and was wondering what you think it would be like in this huge glowing paint rave

yes

also mdma and lsd together are a bigger headfuck.

if you are used to mdma then go for it