• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I'm 14 and I took 1,200 mg of Unisom Diphenhydramine HCI

Punk182

Greenlighter
This is the first time I have overdosed. It was Sunday night and no one was home. I was very bored and had nothing to do. I remembered one of my friends telling me that you could get high on Benadryl so I went looking around in the pill cabinets to see if I could find any. Eventually, in my dad's room, I found a bottle of 50mg a pill unisom sleep medicine. I opened it and poured out 20. I took all of them at one time and waited. It was 20 minutes and I wasn't feeling anything (impatient, I know) so I took 4 more. About 40 minutes later, I felt very disoriented and started listening to music. Maybe another 30 minutes went by and I was dizzy, I couldn't walk well, I fell major disorientation, and I was starting to hallucinate. First I saw a spider on the wall. I walked over (very difficult) to kill it and it was just a nail in the wall. I sat back down and gazed into my parents room. They're bedside table was moving up and down. Then pure panic and fear hit me. I thought I was going to die. I couldn't breath well at all, my mouth was very dehydrated, and my heart was beating very fast. I texted my mom and then dad and told them to bring me to the hospital. My mom got there first and she was crying. We rode to the E.R. When we got there, we sat down in the office area until they got me in. In that time I texted my friend and told them. My mom took my phone away while I was in the middle of texting, and 5 minutes later I was feeling my pockets for my phone even though it wasn't there. My parents had to remind me at least 10 times that it still wasn't there, but I remember hallucinating and seeing myself using it. There's a hole in my memory from then, until I was in the hospital bed. I remember drinking the charcoal they gave me to dilute the pills or whatever. It was bitter but way too rich. It tasted like if you were to blend up charcoal and corn syrup into a really fine thick smoothie. After that, I remember thinking that the nurses monitering screens were my phone. I hallucinated a bit more and then I remember making stupid jokes to the nurses. Apparently at some point I switched hospitals and rode in an ambulance but I don't remember that. Though, I do remember a dark train ride with a guy sitting on the seat next to me, which I believe was the ambulance ride. After that I was in a few psychiatric hospitals and then I came home. All in all IT IS NOT WORTH IT. I SWEAR. JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU GET WEED.

I really wish people would listen to the 95% who warn against benadryl trips. Its good that you're OK. 1200 mg will kill some people so you're lucky. Completely not worth it for such a shitty experience.

Your extremely lucky those hallucinations are extremely mild for that dose thats the type of effects id get from 200-250 mg at 1200 mg your seriously lucky you didnt see aleins, or dead bodies, screaming bloody children or thousands of stinging bugs running up and down your skining you over and over

I really wish people would listen to the 95% who warn against benadryl trips. Its good that you're OK. 1200 mg will kill some people so you're lucky. Completely not worth it for such a shitty experience.
Exactly.

It's kinda weird for me. I usually end up getting drunk and then running out of drugs and doing DPH, like I know all the risks but when I'm fucked up on alcohol on coke anything seems like a great idea. Friday night/Saturday morning I done I think 350mg and it fucks with your head so much.

It's now Monday and I still feel disconnected from reality, struggling to know if this is real or not. It a bit like getting shit faced drunk and then having friends tell you what happened but having no recollection until they mentioned it and then hours of the night felt like they passed in minutes. Not knowing if what you remember is real or not.

I'm still feeling like that now, except I'm 100% sober and the hours of the day I remember just happened a second ago but it felt like it was half the day. I'm probably making no sense but if you take anything from this post: don't underestimate drugs, especially over the counter ones.

lol couldn't you find some expired pain medication or something jesus that's better than taking a gram of dph

Shit man, sorry to hear that. I ODed on DPH too, back in November. Were both lucky to be alive. I don't remember anything at all from the night I ODed, but the friend I was with told me I was going fucking crazy. He couldn't tell whether I was having a good trip or a bad trip. After like 2 hours I started having seizures on the floor, and didn't even remember them after. They got increasingly frequent, and eventually passed out, but continued to have seizures. Idk what was going through his mind, but he tried carrying me out of the door so his mom didn't see me when she wakes up (it was like 530 am). I woke up right before we got to the door, put one shoe on the wrong foot, and sprinted out. I ended up on his neighbors front porch, laying down after ringing the doorbell. Thank God they answered, even though it was 6 am. They brought me a blanket and called an ambulance. I've talked with them since then, they've come over for dinner and stuff, and they're like unbelievabley nice people. They said I touched THEIR hearts by letting them help me. They even wrote me a letter while in treatment, and said they could tell I was a nice person while I was tripping. Wow. Anyway, back to the story, idk what happened between the time I went in the ambulance and my dad got to the hospital, after getting a call from a cop saying I overdosed. My dad told me I was just completely in another world. I thought I was in my room the entire time, didn't question why there were doctors and nurses in my room, and forgot I was in the hospital less than a minute after every time my dad told me. He said it looked like my whole trip was like based off of a video game. I was figiting with a nonexistent object in my hands at one point, and when he asked what I was doing I said "making chrome"(like the metal). I kept saying "I need to pee" and making the most misreble face ever, like I was dying. The doctors wanted me to pee in a cup to do some medical stuff, idk what, but I didn't wanna pee in some random guys cup in my room. I ended up living, obviously, but went to a psych hospital for 16 days Then to a residential for a little over a month. I'm in my second outpatient program right now. DPH is one hell of a drug, literally.