View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Im 14, and I did acid

hangoverlx

Greenlighter
Im 14, and just a few weeks ago I did acid. I took one tab along with 6 other people tripping in unison. We were in a buddy's trailer and all tripping balls and laughing, smoking some weed and just having a good time. One of my friends has MS, and he took 2 tabs. He recalls never feeling so good which surprised me because he was on 26 pills a day and would nod out at times. He had to be taught how to eat, drink, walk, talk, etc. all over again. He also told me his depression was gone while tripping and felt nothing but pure euphoria and happiness. And I gotta say I did too. Best feeling of my life. And my friends agreed with that. My friend who buys from the dealer that this LSD came from said this was the best acid they ever had, and he's tripped 30+ times. Anyway, then one of my homies friends let 5 other people we know come through and chill while 7 people are tripping. All in a trailer. Haha yeah not so much of a good idea. One of the people who came with them brought alcohol. And so while we were tripping she throws up and then almost instantly we all start getting bad vibes and felt the environment wasn't right. And I was right. One of the people tripping with me started having a bad trip and started crying in front of all of us. I, on the other hand was doing quite well and tried to help ease the situation. But it got to hectic so me, Shea (Has MS) and Mark all dip and head to Shea's house. Mark is tripping as well and had to get us there. Shea was tripping so hard he didnt realize where he was and so I had to basically control him while I was tripping balls too. But I handled it pretty well. And so while im off into space and trying to control my friend, we turn a corner and see a cop 30 feet away in his suv in front of 711. Mark tenses and so do I while shea doesnt even notice the damn cop. We keep walking and miraculously the cop didnt stop us even though we were out past curfew and while one of us cant even count to 4 xD. We then arrive at Shea's and trip for 12 hours straight. It was insane. Overall, I really enjoyed this experience but do not plan on doing LSD for a good 10 years. I have no side affects so far and felt that I was responsible and mature in handling the trip which IMO could have gone better but enjoyed.

Last edited:
@Xorkoth

Can't you implement a routine with a regular expression, that dismisses thread titles, that contain 10-16 ? Who needs 10-16 ? Are there chemicals with 10-16 ?

Sounds like you learned a lot. You would be wise to stick to your plan and wait until your 20s to try this again.

I will be 20 in October and I have been a frequent user of all kinds of psychedelics since I was 15. I own a car and pay insurance, I have a full time job and even pay rent for my own place. You won't ruin your life per-say but at that age they are hard to do with a lack of independence, you have too much authority looming over you as well nearly non-existent personal space. Lets also not forget that they really make you question life and the meaning of it, that can be a little much when you really should be worrying about drivers ed and making sure you are on track. It is a lot to take in at that age and it can make growing up even harder in a sense. Ignorance is bliss :)

At my most frequent use of mushrooms (3 months, Sophomore year, 4-5 grams dried Cubensis approx every 6 days) my families house went into foreclosure after my dad left and it was too much to handle, after enough bad trips I couldn't even smoke a little weed without a panic attack. The door of my mind was opened like a flood gate, I would get OEV's going to bed which obviously made me think I was going insane and then I learned about integration. It's almost like your knowledge gained tripping is in a different file format and your mind needs time to process, convert, and really understand the experience. Doing them too frequently can cause a backup if you have a lot of tough stuff going on in your life. Psychedelics are tools, you can break your toe with a hammer or build a house. After some time off (5months) I dipped my toes again after taking care of what was important, my family :) I can now trip just like I used to and I have a solid group of friends I have know for years that I trip with. It is very important you can truly trust who you partake with

Nonetheless I wouldn't change a thing, after many years on prescription meds and research studies (age 9-15), I made my own choice to try and live my life in a way I thought would finally make me happy and it did. You really do have to work at it though, the reason I get the most out of my trips now is that I plan them out and try my best to be an honest, caring, and hardworking person. Ill never forget my first trip with my cousin, DMT forever changed my life and helped guide me into the direction I am headed today :)

@Xorkoth

Can't you implement a routine with a regular expression, that dismisses thread titles, that contain 10-16 ? Who needs 10-16 ? Are there chemicals with 10-16 ?

Actually 14 year olds have a right to post here too. In fact when I see kids posting here, it makes me happy because it shows they're at least taking a baby step in becoming smarter about drug usage.

To the OP, it sounds like you did handle yourself well. And I think your choice to wait a long time to try LSD again is a really good one. :)

@Xorkoth

Teenagers take drugs, whether you like it or not. The best option here is to provide as much information as possible, for the sake of harm reduction. Obviously with a great emphasis on the involved risks when doing drugs at such a young age.

However, simply getting rid of such discussions and pretending they don't exist isn't very helpful at all.

I just don't understand the point of the thread. "I took acid and enjoyed it!" Yeah? Well, so did everyone else here mate 8)

^ I did the same thing when I was 14 (the age I joined Bluelight). When you've opened that door for the very first time, it's really exciting, and you just want to share it with everybody.

Last edited:
Actually 14 year olds have a right to post here too. In fact when I see kids posting here, it makes me happy because it shows they're at least taking a baby step in becoming smarter about drug usage.

To the OP, it sounds like you did handle yourself well. And I think your choice to wait a long time to try LSD again is a really good one. :)

I think I did too, thank you.

I just don't understand the point of the thread. "I took acid and enjoyed it!" Yeah? Well, so did everyone else here mate 8)

Well I was kinda looking for responses that thought I handled it well for my age and in such a situation. There were 2 people who were about to fight, someone threw up, someone was having a bad trip, someone said there were cops and neighbors out side, so idk maybe I did maybe I didnt.

^ Yeah dude, that's something to be proud of for sure. You handled yourself very well given the situation. :)

I'd just try and find safer environments/people to trip in/with. It may be hard to trip often that way but it will pay off in the long run.

Yeah, handling a bad situation well is nice, but avoiding bad situations altogether is much better.

I first took LSD at 16, and did not take it again until I was 19 or 20. At least you learned that it's best to wait to take psychedelics. Stay safe, you're doing the right thing by researching drugs. Erowid.org is also an excellent site.

[...]

There is a misunderstanding. I'm not for any kind of age restriction, I'm for excluding the age from the thread title, if it does not add any valuable information for harm reduction purposes. Threads with titles like "I'm 10 and I did psychedelic x" pull the standard down to youtube, where comments like "I'm 12 and I listen to <insert band of choice>, while every lame ass teen listens to Justin Biber" are spammed under every non contemporary song.

One major purpose of consuming entheogens is the dissolution of the ego. Taking them and afterwards providing self centered statements like "I'm 14 and did acid" kind of leads the purpose of taking the drug in the first place ad absurdum.

Teenagers take drugs, whether you like it or not. The best option here is to provide as much information as possible, for the sake of harm reduction. Obviously with a great emphasis on the involved risks when doing drugs at such a young age.

However, simply getting rid of such discussions and pretending they don't exist isn't very helpful at all.

Where did I write, that I am against taking drugs in your teens ? And how is taking the drug and AFTERWARDS coming to the bluelight for a discussion considered a harm reducing mannerism ? I'm just for preventing spam threads.

There is a misunderstanding. I'm not for any kind of age restriction, I'm for excluding the age from the thread title, if it does not add any valuable information for harm reduction purposes. Threads with titles like "I'm 10 and I did psychedelic x" pull the standard down to youtube

You're correct in that there was a misunderstanding - but I don't think it pulls standards down at all, if anything it's better for HR. He's letting us know he's a teenager that's all - perhaps there could be a benefit from a title change to 'LSD as a teenager' or something along those lines to generate discussion.