Illegal Exotic Animal Posession?

Pharaoh Sphinx

Ex-Bluelighter
I cant understand the laws on this shit... im talkin north america law cause I assume south america will be even lesser penalties

so say one was in possession of a large illegal exotic animal protected on a national level, and this same person had no criminal record, would they face jail time??? Or is it just a fine?? What are the maximums for each (jail/fine)?

Anyone have any ideas? I dont care if its USA/UK law or whatever, I just want a general idea of what happens. Im NOT talkin POACHING animals. Im talkin possession for a pet.

As well, do the penalties differ if its an endangered species?

what state? many of the laws regarding this are enacted at the state level.

Banquo said:
what state? many of the laws regarding this are enacted at the state level.

Any state!! Im looking for a general idea. But these particular animals are protected on the NATIONAL level I know that for a fact. But theyre NOT considered an endangered animal.

Would it be harsher penalties if its a dangerous animal??

Like lets say for equivalent example in north america, if you had a pet cougar (nationally protected?? definetly not endangered) in the state of Oregon, no criminal record, the animal was in fine health no signs of animal cruelty or nuttin like that, are they just gonna confiscate it and fine your ass? What kinda max penalties?