View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I'll trip with a bit of a headache...DON'T

Ismene

Bluelighter
Thought the LSD might clear a headache I'd had all day - to my great dismay it didn't. Completely ruined the trip and left me vomiting up my own ringpeice.

Lesson learned.

I have chronic tension headaches (almost all the time) from a neck injury and it can make tripping quite annoying because of how it exacerbates the headaches.
Not to mention because of the injury I just lots of pressure and tension in my neck and my neck and shoulders are always very sore so it's really hard to sleep so my brain always feels like its in a fog

That must really fucking suck.
I too, suffer from tension headaches. Some so severe I will puke, but I can get rid of ANY headache, tension, hang-over, whatever by smoking a little DMT.
I can smoke 15-20mg and voila' headache is gone...for me at least.
AL-LAD will do the same thing, but it's an expensive way to doctor a headache.

They aren't near as painful as they used to be, thank god
They used to be very painful but have greatly dulled in the past year or so; cutting cigarettes and large doses of caffeine out of my diet did wonders to help.
I'd be willing to try DMT again to see if it helps, back when they were very severe it made DMT uncomfortable at times.
Sometimes the headache would dissipate for the duration of the trip and other times it would stay for the whole duration

It wasn't even a specially bad headache, just a niggling thing from a bit of disturbed sleep the previous night. Just completely halted the trip - some mild psychedelic effects but it was as if nothing could get in gear and start working. And the vomiting was like vomiting I havn't experienced since the early days of oral DMT experimentation - but even the vomiting didn't bring anything good apart from physical relief.

I fear that a headache de-locks the brain/spine mechanism allowing brainbleed to coat the spine in crystal LSD...lets just hope I don't crick my back eh?

My best buddy is Ibuprofen for head&toothaches. 200mg for a mild one, 400 for the bad ones.

Hahaha if only my headache was relieved by simply NSAIDs, when they were quite severe even heroin didn't take it away completely.
I do not respond particularly well to general anesthetic drugs; they never seemed to have much effect on me

Ugh... The I'll just sit in the corner quietly with my light migraine :D

Hahaha if only my headache was relieved by simply NSAIDs, when they were quite severe even heroin didn't take it away completely.
I do not respond particularly well to general anesthetic drugs; they never seemed to have much effect on me

Have you tried benzos or gabapentin/lyrica? It works most of the time for me.

Psychedelics are meant to work exceptionally well against cluster headaches. Unfortunately those are not the same thing as the common tension headache, only a small percentage of the population is unfortunate enough to experience cluster headaches.

I'll add that taking LSD when you have a strong cold is also not a good idea. For the entire duration of the trip I could really feel where all the phlegm and nastyness was located in my body. It felt as though there was some ugly trip-monster inside of me. Will not repeat x).

Bah, you guys need to meditate more. I once took 500 mics of LSD and flipped it with a fair amount of MDMA at festival when I had a screaming splitting headache and a deeply painful sunburn on my back from the day before. I had a magical trip, one of the most memorable of my life. The headache remained throughout the trip but I didn't judge the pain as bad, just let it be, and like everything else on LSD it just turned into a profound screeching sensation which distributed its effects throughout the entire environment, as though the trees and the speakers, too, were on fire with the same ache. I laid down in the grass and let my sunburn cry out in pain, all a loving symphony of dissonance and a feeling of being alive. The pain surrounded me but it was no longer pain, it just was.

Have you tried Botox for your tension headaches?

once i had a slight headache and ate 2g of dried shrooms and my headache got worse progressivly as the trip progressed and it kind of ruined the experience completely. but its all good

Have you tried Botox for your tension headaches?

No, frankly doctors just push me away when I say I've been having chronic headaches for the last 3 years.
They just say it must be stress and push me out the door even with all my claims that it isn't just simply stress.
Fucking bunch of lazy shits; but I want to try nerve blocks to at least get a diagnosis of a cervicogenic headache so any time I see a doctor I can tell them to shut the fuck up if they try to tell me it's "just stress"

I tripped with my foot in a cast once. Might as well have been trapped in a dungeon with a ball and chain.