ignorance of americans

image001.gif

its called the DARE program. drug awarnes and resistance education.

drugs are bad, just say no, its like paying to slowly kill yourself--thats about as much as we 'learn' about drugs in modern american (florida's at least) schools.

lets give them a biased education and call the problem solved, in fact lets do it in the name of harm reduction.

its insaine what i hear coming out of some peoples mouth. its funy until you realize that they actualy THINK these things.

seriously the only thing that is harder to break than physical adiction to something is the mental walls their wireing around peoples heads these days

The propoganda thats fed to most americans is the reason. I am sad to say that most americans blindly follow anything a damn politician says and if you dont your an outsider. Its imprinted in their brains in alot of different ways so its not a suprise that they act like that. There is a few reasonable ones out there though.

I find a lot of the people I meet, though uninformed, do listen to arguments regarding the actual effects of drugs. Mostly because they've either forgotten what DARE told them and just remembered that it was bad, are in a stage where they're willing to challenge fact and experiment, or they haven't done it. If you make an effort to change the minds of a few people you know, and encourage them to research themselves if they have questions, more people will be informed on the real effects of drugs and do the same thing you did.

Most people don't care to research the facts of anything, however, once a book is opened they realize that what they were taught as a kid isn't correct. This works outside of the drug realm as well. The media, as mentioned before, generates most of America's education and is usually very biased. "Sharks are attacing!", "Your child will get SARS!", "Muslims are terrorists!", "Celebrities are important!". Turn on any news network for one hour and you'll see why Americans are so complacent with what they're fed. It's exciting, attractive, and frightening and that's good TV.

As said before, Americans aren't the only ones ignorant on drug effects. The majority of my school is here from Europe or Asia (grown up there and came here for college) and I find them the hardest to convince that what they've been taught isn't right.

This guy, (who had been snorted coke all night), tried telling me that crack should be illegal. If that isn't propaganda in action I don't know what is.

Here in the uk its just as bad,the place is full of ignorant fuckwits,they would have you think mdma was something sent with love from bin laden.

boberino22 said:
everytime i seem to come across an american and talk about drugs they come across as completely ignorant.
Perhaps you should widen your social circle to include people other than hookers?

People all over the planet are ignorant about drugs. Things are no better in the UK, trust me on this. :\

People love to hate the US

*Revelling in it * lol ha ha ha !;)

that other than Australians or communists, most people outside the US have grown up understanding (if not respecting) other cultures, other ways of viewing the world, and having an awereness beyond the bubble in which they grew up in.

I thought that funny as well even though you were/are clearly serious!

I agree I probably am very easily amused!

America gets more attention than any other country in the world. More positive and negative attention. Simple enough, they have the spotlight on them 24/7. Spotlight, hell it's a magnifying glass.