• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

If you've done nitrous lately is there less oxygen in your blood/available to you?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I'd heard that doing balloons of nitrous somehow effects Oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood stream but I don't really understand how.

Like, if I've been doing some balloons, whether it's just a few, a real lot, or anywhere in between--just a more moderate amount, one way or another, if I then go for a run or do something athletic or even just live life normally, will my breathing be effected negatively and will I have less available oxygen in my bloodstream and if so, how long would that effect last??

While inebriated I decided to order a box of nitrous, then thought better of it and canceled the order, but goddamnit it arrived ANYWAY and i opened it and can't send it back, and now I'm not the sort of person to most likely just throw it all in the garbage and will probably inevitably use the cartridges over time.

On top of that, I have mild asthma but lately it's been pretty bad on some days because pollen count is very high now where I am so I've been using my inhaler a lot and it was that realization that prompted me to TRY to cancel the order thinking if I did nitrous it would negatively effect my breathing even more if I'd used them recently but I don't know if this is true.

Add to that that I do some sports which require cardio and I am concerned that if I've recently used an nitrous I could put myself in a dangerous situation for an asthma attack.

So what effects exactly does doing some nitrous balloons have on one's daily oxygen intake and how long would those effects last??

Thanks

nitrous oxide (n2o) is pretty inert and actually gets out of the body as it is for the most part, which means that it doesn't really react in the body very much. so it should not negatively influence anything really (besides the B12 thing which only occurs when extremely abused as far as I know).

if you huff a balloon repeatedly and dont get any oxygen its certainly not benign.

entonox comes premixed with oxygen

as a short acting drug its into your system then out again quickly.

the issue is dissociative anaesthetic which you breathe being administered in a way that limits oxygen intake. that is the short term danger. my friend went to a party and said there were some people doing nos who had blue lips. not good

The problem is breathing in and out of a balloon, using up all the oxygen and increasing the co2 level each time. After a couple of minutes breathing air your blood oxygen should be back to normal.

The problem is breathing in and out of a balloon, using up all the oxygen and increasing the co2 level each time. After a couple of minutes breathing air your blood oxygen should be back to normal.

This^^
Your body is very efficient at maintaining and optimal balance of O2 and CO2 in the blood.
The more immediate danger isn't oxygen deprivation, you aren't inhaling off a balloon long enough for this to be an issue and nitrous oxide is removed from your blood stream very quickly (it diffuses out of your lungs nearly as fast as it entered) so it cannot occlude oxygen in that respect.
The biggest danger is genererally from fainting and physically hurting yourself.

Ok, so if I do something that requires cardio later on in a day after doing some nitrous I'm not going to have less available oxygen to use and have breathing problems because of it??