Mental Health If you're bipolar or manic what is mania like?

H

HeyGuy

I have a question for people here who are bipolar and/or manic, what is a manic state like for you? What happens when you're manic?

I'm not going to try to have you diagnose me online as I see a therapist and can have them do this for me.

It's like constantly being on a slow amphetamine drip. Think how you might feel after popping a couple of dexies.

I did some really stupid things when manic and it was hard for people around me to deal with but goddamn if I didn't feel on top of the world.

It feels like you can conquer the world! You can do anything you want and say anything you feel. You are so sure about yourself and your decisions even though they can be risky or dangerous. When you crash from the "high" you see the damage you've done. Or maybe you won't do that much damage. Usually you realize you did or said something stupid because you felt like Superman.

I like my mania though, the crashing into a dark depression is the awful part.

It feels like you can conquer the world! You can do anything you want and say anything you feel. You are so sure about yourself and your decisions even though they can be risky or dangerous. When you crash from the "high" you see the damage you've done. Or maybe you won't do that much damage. Usually you realize you did or said something stupid because you felt like Superman.

I like my mania though, the crashing into a dark depression is the awful part.
sounds exactly like me on amphetamines! Hahaja

Oh hell yeah! I was prescribed amphetamines years ago and it made me manic. Felt fucking great. I also miss all the weight I loss because you literally have to force yourself to eat on Aderrall, however. I was down to a size zero and having the time of my life. My psychiatrist recently prescribed me Vyvanse which is a smoother Adderall, the crash isn't as hard I guess. It has to go through a long process of being preauthorized though. Bullshit insurance companies.

Oh hell yeah! I was prescribed amphetamines years ago and it made me manic. Felt fucking great. I also miss all the weight I loss because you literally have to force yourself to eat on Aderrall, however. I was down to a size zero and having the time of my life. My psychiatrist recently prescribed me Vyvanse which is a smoother Adderall, the crash isn't as hard I guess. It has to go through a long process of being preauthorized though. Bullshit insurance companies.
I too was on Adderall then switched to vyvanse. I was very skinny and could not put on a pound no matter what i ate because of its effect on metabolism. I definitely don't miss the horrid crash. The great effects was probably the honey moon phase, which you would have experienced on Vyvanse too. I'd say it is probably the only adhd med good for regular therapeutic use. :) The rest are all roller coaster rides to me.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for confirming Vyvanse isn't such a rollercoaster ride. The Adderall crash made me feel extremely sad and I would cry for no reason. Hopefully the insurance company lets me have it.

Feels like you can't stop, you don't want to. You're hyped and anxious. You can hear yourself talk at a million miles so an hour so passionately. Everything you think is an awesome idea. Spending money you don't have. My speciality is to buy coke. Sit for two or three days getting high because it takes away the anxiety i cam enjoy things moving at fast pace not giving a crap how much debt im building.
Id rather feel that way than how i feel now though. Hopeless mess that doesn't wanna get out of bed unless it's too eat but i dont want to cook so i eat take away food. Shit! I'd so much rather be manic. I spent around 6 months in a mild manic state but i had a focus and i felt positive. Now when i feel mania come on there's nothing positive just energy and thoughts so then come the drugs.

Feels like you can't stop, you don't want to. You're hyped and anxious. You can hear yourself talk at a million miles so an hour so passionately. Everything you think is an awesome idea. Spending money you don't have. My speciality is to buy coke. Sit for two or three days getting high because it takes away the anxiety i cam enjoy things moving at fast pace not giving a crap how much debt im building.
Id rather feel that way than how i feel now though. Hopeless mess that doesn't wanna get out of bed unless it's too eat but i dont want to cook so i eat take away food. Shit! I'd so much rather be manic. I spent around 6 months in a mild manic state but i had a focus and i felt positive. Now when i feel mania come on there's nothing positive just energy and thoughts so then come the drugs.
Mania sounds awesome provided that you dont have to deal with the depressive state. You just sail through life with your positive attitude

Reading back, that person said he can't get out of bed, only to eat after mania. Like in my depressive state I only leave the room to
use the bathroom and get a bite to eat. So that person does experience a crash. No one can stay manic forever.