• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

If you won the 1.5B Powerball.....

David Wooderson

Bluelighter
I'm not folish enough to think that it would buy me one ounce of happiness but it sure would entertain me

Without much thought.....
Things I would do:
Fund bluelight for 200 years and pay mods
Look into building a hospital
Build a retirement home that people would want to be and not charge
Open detox centers and rehabs with insight by BL darkside and sober living community
Pay people good money to do good things
Pay lobbyists to change drug laws and education
Start my own summer music fest that had top artists ppl love that would be free and awesome

Selfish things I would do:
Buy/Build a palatial estate that would make royalty jealous, on a 100's acres of forest and rivers, with a Le Mans level race track and aircraft runway
Buy/Build a mega-yacht with a dock for a submarine
Buy/Build a jumbo jet and have it converted to an aerial home
Build a replica plane that is modeled after either a F-15 or F-22 Fighter Jet

Cars I would buy:
Ferrari
250GTO
288 GTO
250 LM
F50
F40
Enzo
Le Ferrari
275 GTB
Buggati Veyron Gran Sport
Rolls Royce Phantom extended wheelbase
Bentley Mulsanne
Pagani Huayra
Aston Martin Vanquish Volante
1969 ZL1 Camaro

more to come........

Last edited:
-Tell my parents to pick a place on the map and buy them a house there.
-Find a decent house on a warm beach somewhere
-Finally buy a car I don't need to constantly stress over
-Donate to as many charities as I can (with the least amount of overhead)
-Live.

I don't play though, so. :p

I always said if I won I would open a methadone clinic and homeless shelter and try to actually keep that shit "for the clients" as I would be the one person in the world that might be able to with a large investment of essentially free money. I know its not that easy but what a "kick to the face" for normal society.

"Sir what are you going to do with your money?" "I am going to open a free not for profit methadone clinic in your home town and you cant stop me because ill bribe my way in, I hope you can adjust to viewing addicts as people or you may need to move." -quote the worlds richest man. I know not gonna happen but maybe ill say it if i won anyway, what an odd thing for someone to say and at that point why would i care what others think lol

I would buy a professional rugby team, either one based in Paris or perhaps Argentina.

I'd build a team of superstars and tour the world playing exhibition games like the Harlem Globetrotters during the off season.

Build a Mt Rushmore style sculpture.

A winning ticket was sold right down the street from me.

1.5 b split three ways equals less than 200 m ? wtf? and the gov already took half for *cough* 'education' *cough*. yeah fucking right. this thing is such a huge scam its ridiculous. i bought two tix but im never playing again. billions of dollars were raised and the winners split less than .6 a billion. nothing to scoff at, but where did the rest of the money go?

A winning ticket was sold right down the street from me.

1.5 b split three ways equals less than 200 m ? wtf? and the gov already took half for *cough* 'education' *cough*. yeah fucking right. this thing is such a huge scam its ridiculous. i bought two tix but im never playing again. billions of dollars were raised and the winners split less than .6 a billion. nothing to scoff at, but where did the rest of the money go?

Yeah the tax on the winnings is unreal, we don't have any tax on lottery winnings here in Australia.. but our powerball prize pool is insignificant when compared to the U.S.

I would probably die of some sort of overdose the next day after.

Surrounded by unconscious prostitues and drugs and empty liquor bottles

I was discussing this with some friends recently. I wouldn't really change my lifestyle at all, I don't want a palatial mansion, or a fancy car, or stuff like that. Here's what I would do:

- Quit my job
- Hike the entire Appalachian Trail which I would finally be able to do because of lack of said job
- Have someone come and re-do my entire roof (I get leaks that I try to patch myself but it's stressful and eventually it will need doing and I simply cannot afford it now), and some other stuff my house needs
- Take my car in and have them do every little thing that needs doing
- Take a great vacation, and in general travel a lot to places I want to see
- Buy myself several really high-end keyboards and amps to improve my sound in my music
- Buy my bandmates equally high-end instruments
- Fund anything we need for the band for the future forever
- Fund Bluelight (good idea above) and Erowid
- Acquire a full collection of psychedelics at once instead of piecemeal as I do now
- Invest almost all of it in something low-interest and safe, and set up various funds for any future children I may have
- Give to various charities I deem good as I happen upon them

That's honestly about it.

I would use it to build an artificial island and found a new country. It would be kind of a giant artists' colony. It would be based on drugs and free love and only artists, poets, and musicians would be allowed to live there. In their spare time, some would be required to tend the cash crops. Besides art, the chief export would be narcotics, and proceeds would be used to pay everybody's room and board. I would buy a couple of baby nukes from North Korea to make sure USA doesn't invade.