• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

if you had the choice what would you rather have flexeril or a benzo?

foodcrisis

Bluelighter
so i've tried flexeril and kilonopin and ativan. when i take benzos for sleeping, i usually wake up feeling pretty well rested and like i'm breathing healthy... my experience with flexeril is i might pass out a little harder than a benzo and when i wake up i still feel pretty messed up. i remember once i was going on the sub way to work after i was sleeping on flexeril. i went down the escalator into the subway and started tripping out pretty hard, no visuals but everything looked really weird and my body felt noticably weird. i remember this happened a few times. i'd only use like a little piece of a pill orally too. i'd be able to split a pill up into like eight to ten doses. the first time i tried it i took half a pill just to test the waters i had a beer too. i didn't think it would be much, but i passed out hard for a good amount of time. i never bothered to take that much after that.

so i'm just wondering, is flexeril sought after? i don't really hear too much about it on this board or anywhere really. is it because it's prescribed less? how do people think it compares to benzos? is it something people pay more for?

i kind of like flexeril a little more. i used to smoke weed on it. i took a hit before i went to the sub way and had my cool experience. i kind of feel like benzos dull my weed high a little, but flexeril was pretty cool. could've just been my imagination though, they are both downers so i'd assume they would react to psychedelics like weed similar.

Interesting, I've never had any sort of effects like that from cyclobenzaprine, and I've taken 30mg doses and/or drank on it. For me it's strictly a hypnotic and muscle relaxer.

I find it rather boring, and I prefer benzos by a long shot. It's not really abusable because if you take a lot you just pass out (I've tried to stay awake on higher doses, it's impossible) and it makes me so sleepy it becomes almost dysphoric. Tolerance also develops extremely rapidly, at 10mg doses daily by 4 days I don't feel any effects at all from it, maybe a hint of drowsiness.

I find cyclobenzaprine (flereril) more effective than Valium (diazepam). I do not say this lightly as Valium is one drug I like very much. :)
Only issue is that it - Flexeril - stops working after like a couple or three weeks for me and others if taken daily at the usual dose of three times a day. I find flexeril if take when need (for me maybe once a month? ) is a great tool for muscle relaxation and possibly taken with a lowish dose of nsaid will usually get me back up and runnin but gotta sleep on it, IME.
Got a few decent tools in my toolbox but that Cyclo (imo/e) is great when needed.
Hope this was helpful in some way.
Of course your milage may vary.
Best wishes with this and maybe give an update if/when you choose?
Peace

:) Given the choice, a nice abusable/addicting Benzo (of course).
However, Flexeril is a good muscle relaxer when you want a good night's sleep and a good muscle relaxer.
I use it on any day I throw my back into spasms. I take a Flexeril that night.
In my case, treating back spasms hard with muscle relaxers and NSAID's that first day will often head off week(s?) long pain and spasm.

It's also easy to get prescribed. So, Flexeril is a very useful tool in my kit.

Doing it in this fashion only will also avoid that tolerance everyone mentioned. After a few days it's useless.

I've had some odd reactions from Flexeril. Like Shakey, anxiety type stuff but it could've been the setting I was in which was kinda sketchy. But yeah it does a good job of relieving some amount of pain and knocking your ass out.

In my case, treating back spasms hard with muscle relaxers and NSAID's that first day will often head off week(s?) long pain and spasm.

It's good stuff. I had chronic and severe back spasms and inflammation that was painful. Finally went to the doctor and got a prescription NSAID + flexiril, and the pain went away after my first dose and never came back. I was surprised how effective it was.