• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

if you had a machine to breath for you, could you do unlimited heroin? bluelight

Status
Not open for further replies.

kratomman420

Bluelighter
I was thinking, the cause of heroin overdose or any opiate overdose is usually lack of oxygen, correct?

As far as i know your heart doesent slow, only the rate at which you breath and your reaction to lack of oxygen, then when you stop breathing long enough it stops your heart, and you die

so assume you had machines that could breath for you, restart your heart, a catheter, and a iv inserted that would give fluids and nutrients, and a nurse to make sure you dont cut off circulation to your cock on accident or something suckish like that

could you go ahead and just take a big fat shot of ketamine, do 20 mg valium, shoot up a gram of opana (or just the opana?)and go to dream land for like 3 days and then wake up fine as long as you had all the above?

this is all in theory btw, i dont have access to these machines

It would be a coma, and you would have no consciousness left to experience the high.

Moved from Homeless.

What you doing tonight Oh just putting myself into a coma for a while - Sweet 8(

^ Unfortunately Michael Jackson kinda did just that... propofol comas nightly. You know your life is messed up when you have to anesthetize yourself to sleep each night, obviously not such a good idea :(.

Last edited:
i know it would be a coma, im just curious if you had proper life support, and a proper nurse, could a person theoretically survive that on a regular basis, like would it even be possible to die if(no matter how much you do) if you were on life support

i know michael jackson did that(i think it was more than propofol though) i think there was a mistake with his dose though

If you mean nutrients and water i would assume they would be given through iv in your dream like state

No, aspiration is when you inhale water or even your own vomit into your airway.

An aspiration is also taking a breath. I assume you're referring to the first definition.

I would assume no, at a certain dosage it would either become toxic or/and your kidney/liver would begin to have problem with all that heroin.
Also long term trying to keep this up, digestion would slow down. You can try to replace it with IV nutrients but that is nothing like real food. The flora in your gut is affected, constantly having an IV is a problem... Also with opiates, long term use often causes lung inflamation or pneumonia like symptoms which despite your breathing machines would limit the oxygen intake which in the end causes problems on its own.

Then with trying to hit the ceiling with high dosages, your brain chemistry would be affected and who can say how long it would take to get back to normal if ever, never mind the fog like state. At a certain point, there just might not be a way back. On top, youd probabily need to take some other drugs to keep somewhat normal functionality(also possible nausea) of the body which only adds on top of the high opiate dose which again strains the kidneys significantly until theyd most likely fail despite the purity of the opiates.

Then theres often mentioned effect on the immune system and the effect they have on testosterone. While at somewhat normal doses or short-term the body recuperates, trying to max it out and do "unlimited" high doses, as with all things, youd most likely cause irreversible damage. And also, putting breathing aside, Im wondering about the heart. The sedation effect, wouldnt it slow down the heart rate also. Now you need something to keep it going when it begins to slow down too much. You cannot just pump air in your lungs and leave the heart. And doing that is a big matter, far from being without side-effects.

just my .02, hope someone else adds something or corrects any wrong statements

no your blood pressure would tank and/or your heart would stop at some point.

No because I enjoy living Been in a coma before and don't remember shit so just a waste of drugs imo

Coming from someone who has given CPR for 45 minutes, dose upon dose of Naloxone, and established artificial airways in patients who have suffered an opioid overdose only to have them flat line, I'd have to say I don't think so. All the medical equipment in the world can't stop multiple acute organ failure, along with cardiac and respiratory arrest on top of all that. Like someone else said, there does come a point of no return in over dosage. You'd basically need a different machine for each organ system in your body but even then it's highly unlikely you'd ever wake up. My .02

Im not sure about unlimited but I was talking with an ER dock about a case where a woman tried to commit suicide by ingesting her full bottle of methadone and it took all the narcon in a thirty mile wide area to combat the methadone and his take was to just put her on a ventilator and let the drugs wear off.

Kinda a silly question though as why someone would want to take that much would be beyond me as the detox would be hell incarnate and the advantages would be none.

Theoretically speaking, if you were on a ventilator, were on IV fluids, had a nurse constantly attending to you and your blood pressure, giving pressors IV as needed to keep your pressure up - likely. But at some point you'd be risking your liver and kidneys. The blood pressure is a huge issue, it would most likely tank - but pressors will raise it. Blood pressure would have to be monitored constantly with an arterial line. Seems like a lot of trouble to take what would amount to as a fancy nap 8)

Theoretically speaking, if you were on a ventilator, were on IV fluids, had a nurse constantly attending to you and your blood pressure, giving pressors IV as needed to keep your pressure up - likely. But at some point you'd be risking your liver and kidneys. The blood pressure is a huge issue, it would most likely tank - but pressors will raise it. Blood pressure would have to be monitored constantly with an arterial line. Seems like a lot of trouble to take what would amount to as a fancy nap 8)
How would you be risking your liver and kidneys when its non toxic

Just like having surgery, you would be on the brink of death and experience nothing. If you have ever overdosed on opiates (and revived ha ha) it would be the same thing. :)

When I was young, I thought about these same things. I join you there. I fantasized about just having only my brain left and having someone put it in a bottle of nurturing fluid. I would be completely conscious and could communicate my wishes. "Could you please mix me up a real nice speedball please? Make it a combination of Dilaudid and Merck cocaine. Run it slowly."

On the hospital pharmacy robbery (1980) that I got caught for, I wanted to have an IV inserted in each arm. I would run Merck cocaine in one arm and Dilaudid in the other. If there was too much of one, I would slow that one down. Crazy. I robbed all these drugs and had them with me. The pharmacy did not have IV's - they were stored in Central Supply. What saved my life was the fact that one of the other guys got caught (in the same day) and snitched me out. He told the police where I was. I got 4 1/2 to 9 years and the others who testified against me got nothing.

When I got out, I watched both guys die: one of cirrhosis and the other from AIDS. I had nothing to do with either.

You and I are deep into this shit my friend. I think eventually your heart would fail even though a machine kept you breathing. I like imaginations like yours. Mikie
32.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.