• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

If you got clean, what helped you stay clean?

austing

Greenlighter
Hi all, if you were an addict and/or have more than 2 years clean time, how did you do it? What helped you stay clean? Any nootropics that help? Any advice helps!!!

Writing things down. Keeping track of exercising regiment. $10 dollar 20lb dumbells and a $25 door frame pullup bar and $15 yoga mat. But pen & paper cost $4595 at Myer's Superfoods!!!

Kratom for the win. It saved my ass from opiates and even alcohol dependency.

Meditating after waking up and before bed

Without that I seem to unravel in my way of thinking and conducting .myself tumble down a rabbit hole not one you would want your kids hearing about like Alice in Wonderland think Alice in Chains

What does your dosing look like?
I usually take the kratom capsules. I dose 6 caps twice a day. Morning with my coffee and late afternoon would be my last dose. Maeng Da and white Thai work best for me.

I was a major opiot addict from 16-32 ... so deep in addiction that I used to Play a game called how many blues can I fit on my tounge at a time ... blues are small so u can imagine how many one can fit lmao... it got to the point where I was mentally exhausted and knew I had to stop... I started getting suboxone and cutting the straps into 8 equal slivers and would "microdose" them... once I wasn't taking any pills or heroin and it was just subs I stopped the subs cold turkey... the physical withdrawals lasted 5 days... the mental however took longer maybe 2 weeks... then I took acid and learned that there are good drugs and bad drugs ... and from that night on I never have had even one temptation to do an opiot... im 38 now so 6 years clean from opiots...not 6 years sober but I have no desire to be sober ... weed and psychs for me ... and am now on a path of enlightenment and self growth that I don't think will ever end ... not saying my method will work for you but it worked for me and I can honestly say everything aspect of my life is 1000% better

Trying not to guilt trip myself about my addiction, prosocial connections, staying busy.

Meetings help lots of people too. Part of the prosocial connections however do it for yourself because if someone relapses you don't want to relapse with them.

I usually take the kratom capsules. I dose 6 caps twice a day. Morning with my coffee and late afternoon would be my last dose. Maeng Da and white Thai work best for me.

How long now have you been taking that? Would you consider yourself addicted?

i pretty much only use weed at the moment, but i get some desire to use DXM and alcohol and haven't used alcohol in ten years and dxm in like 20... something that helps is thinking "What good is that actually going to do" and realizing the high will only be a temporary thing and thinking the more i dose or drink the more dangerous it can become. i just think that it will eventually wear at the body...

also i haven't used harder psychedelics like acid or mushrooms in 4 or 5 years since weed has been sold in dispensaries. i just feel like it's better for my mental health to stay away from illegal drugs because i don't want to loose my freedom. fearing stuff like anti-psychotic injections, it just doesn't seem worth it with my mental condition to want to have those things in my possession any more.

A big thing that helps me get over the dxm, alcohol and psychedelics all at once is realizing that i'll eventually fall asleep and have a cool or at least interesting dream. i've found that i can feel body highs and pleasure in dreams at times and can have totally psychedelic experiences during dreams. i've actually been writing down some dreams to update the dreams thread on this site because i've been having some pretty good luck tripping in dreams. like one dream i smoked salvia and it was identical to a salvia experience in reality... not that all of my dreams turn out to be good body highs and trippy experiences, there is a lot of non-sense and heart racing stuff that is kind of weird, but i take it as entertainment and wonder why i have certain thoughts or experiences. it's better than any television show imo.

By not being 'clean' as far as the 12 steps definition goes lol. The rooms really do work for a lot of people but it's not a one size fits all solution. There were people with like 6 months clean time telling me if I don't turn down the hydrocodone for my upcoming fusion surgery I'd have to reintroduce. Even if I had my parents hold the bottle. Not only my hydros but a good chunk of my psych meds. My psych meds were the foundation

I needed to build on to stay off heroin. And all the loudest about the need to reintroduce have passed. So I'm willing to admit it was a them problem and not a 12 steps problem lol. But I digress.

Routine is the biggest thing outside of getting me mental health on track. A long with a 100% honesty policy with my family and loved ones. And I feel like the last thing will be unpopular but coming back to religion was the final piece I needed.

Finding out the 'why' for why I started abusing painkillers and eventually ended up on heroin was a huge part too. My biggest why was because of my sexuality. In my mind I was convinced I was better off a dead a junkie than a living faggute.

After the 'why'i had to deconstruct it. Through doing that I realized I was the only person with a problem with my sexuality and I was the only person in my life who thought I was better off dead than living because I'm gay.

I think rehab at 19 and only actually shooting up for a relatively short period of time also played a role in staying off the shit. If it didn't work out like that idk if I'd be able to live without completely abstaining from all substsnces and not end up back on heroin.

Last edited: