• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids If you fully dissolved an extended release tramadol in water, would the water essentially contain the tramadol in IR availability?

Darknet84

Greenlighter
If i dissolve an extended release pill in water for 4 days it will fully expand and change from burgundy to white and fully expand. I’m guessing after it’s fully done it will be safe to assume the solution contains the drug and the release agent can be removed?

You lost me at the end, what are you trying to isolate tramadol from? Filler? Acetaminophen?

You lost me at the end, what are you trying to isolate tramadol from? Filler? Acetaminophen?
Trying to remove it from the binder that’s releasing it at a slow release/break down so that it’s already released into the water and I can just extract binder from water when ready. I’m assuming this logically should make sense just wondering

Trying to remove it from the binder that’s releasing it at a slow release/break down so that it’s already released into the water and I can just extract binder from water when ready. I’m assuming this logically should make sense just wondering
I'm going to make the easy assumption that removing the binder will be more trouble than it's worth.

ER pills simply slow down the stomach from quickly dissolving the pill.

If it is dissolved in water already congrats you have defeated the ER mechanism. Drink up!!

It would make sense but it’s not worth it also you’d lose minimal amounts.

Seriously drinking that solution is no different than just putting the tablet in your mouth and chewing it. Your stomach acid will take care of the rest.

All you need to do to break the ER is bite the tablet in half really. That’s it broken. Chewing makes it dissolve that much quicker in your stomach but it’s no longer considered ER if you simply bite it.

I'm going to make the easy assumption that removing the binder will be more trouble than it's worth.

ER pills simply slow down the stomach from quickly dissolving the pill.

If it is dissolved in water already congrats you have defeated the ER mechanism. Drink up!!

well I’m trying to taper tramadol currently down to 50mg/day and after my last 200mg IR pill, my remaining stash is ER blisters. I don’t think the medication can be broken and chewed into IR it’s so gummy and nasty, but I see after a few days it’ll dissolve in water. So I’m definitely willing to dissolve 4 pills into a half-bottle of water (8 Oz water) and dose by taking 30ml dose and 25ml etc.

Long story short I’m willing to spend 4 days making a water solution that will last 18-20 days if this actually works. I just need to start today for the timing to align

well I’m trying to taper tramadol currently down to 50mg/day and after my last 200mg IR pill, my remaining stash is ER blisters. I don’t think the medication can be broken and chewed into IR it’s so gummy and nasty, but I see after a few days it’ll dissolve in water. So I’m definitely willing to dissolve 4 pills into a half-bottle of water (8 Oz water) and dose by taking 30ml dose and 25ml etc.

Long story short I’m willing to spend 4 days making a water solution that will last 18-20 days if this actually works. I just need to start today for the timing to align
Your idea is valid.

If it were me I'd just chew em. I'm lazy.