• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc If you could only use 1 drug for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Yeah for Me it would either be MDMA or Cannabis I use Cannabis daily but you can't use MDMA daily. I would never enjoy any Drug NEARLY as much ESPECIALLY MDMA without the use of Cannabis along with it as it brings out more of the psychedelic effects it produces and for Me when combined together with a Sativa Dominant Strain I get Super Duper HAPPY on MDMA with ZERO Negative Side-Effects from using both these Substances together.

I can't help but wonder if using Nicotine/Tobacco and or Caffeine alongside any given Drug would make a difference at all?
Same my friend, just dont over do it as both can put strain on the heart.
namaste

If there's no technical limitations, you could just as well have electrodes inserted in the reward centers of your brain (which was already possible in 1950s by the way). I don't think any kind of tolerance develops to that.

Methaqualone is nice by itself, and on top of all sorts of things -- Now it gets harder to choose -- there is the glutethimide I want to come back to make Dors & Fours . . . . everybody misses Doriden -- get a prodrug to take by mouth -- codeine that turns to morphine, hydrocodone that becomes hydromorphone, DHC, nicocodeine, thebacon, acetyldihydrocodeine . . . then take it on an empty stomach, and it feels like one is shooting the stronger one . . .

morphine plus tripelennamine is Blue Velvet, and other things can be switched in, this afternoon it was hydromorphinol and I recently mainly I have been doing it old school with morphine hydrochloride ahhhhhhhh .. . I think for some nice after dinner relaxation I think I'll mix
100 mg tripelennamine HCl
36 mg nicomorphine HCl
100 mg hydroxyzine HCl
100 mg orphenadrine HCl

pull each up one at a time into a 5 cc syringe
shake well

here we go in the main line . . . not quite so prickly as most of the ingredients have some kind of antihistamine effect.
Nice bang though
hehhehee heee

earlier a pre load with 600 mg meprobamate
300 mg of caffeine tablets

Carbonated apple juice to wash it all down

Cannabis is also very directly protective against the damaging effects and stresses of MDMA on the body and the Brain.

I would suggest that the more medicinally efficient methods would provide more protection so perhaps vaporizing cannabis would be be somewhat more efficient in this neuroprotective usense when used at the same time as MDMA which is when you need to use it to get this neuroprotective effect.

I too use cannabis daily- it is my one and only addiction in life in fact but the irony is I'm allergic to it as I am to virtually every other psychoactive substance I am aware of. I cant even drink a single cup of ordinary tea or coffee without an extremely adverse reaction which is actually way worse and any reaction I get to cannabis.

The same for a million other natural foods and remedies and herbs which assist with relaxation digestion detox you name it millions of ways to balance and soothe the body and the mind which are off-limits to me due to to intolerably severe reactions to everything.

And my cannabis use has been my only sanity keeping mechanism through years of adversity. It would be so much easier for me to to moderate or dispense with my cannabis use if I was able to to consume whatever herbal remedy I felt drawn to even a glass of red wine each day would make cannabis free days immediately more viable.

Also exactly like yourself, i could never imagine taking the other substances i enjoy namely lysergamides, without using cannabis at all stages of the experience.

Same for MDMA but i haven't taken that in a very long time. I'm totally with you though angel the cannabis increases the psychedelic aspects of the hallucinogens.

Still, I do need to make a determined bid to moderate and adjust my relationship with cannabis.

Dextromethorphan has been found to be neuroprotective for more than one thing and I think the first research was with ischaemic neuron damage in the brain, in cases of stroke of apoplexy and/or injury and so on . . . is it possible it can help with MDMA, and maybe the effect is different enough from cannabis for the two to be additive? Even synergistic in neuroprotective effect?

Dextromethorphan has been found to be neuroprotective for more than one thing and I think the first research was with ischaemic neuron damage in the brain, in cases of stroke of apoplexy and/or injury and so on . . . is it possible it can help with MDMA, and maybe the effect is different enough from cannabis for the two to be additive? Even synergistic in neuroprotective effect?
I have to reply to this here. I took Robotussin numerous times in combination with MDMA. But little did I know at the time as harm reduction information was much more lacking back then in the early 2000s, combining dxm with MDMA is an especially bad idea because depending when you take them and I forget exactly the DXM can actually greatly exacerbate the serotonin damaging effects and general neurotoxicity of the MDMA.

I had no idea about this back then but in hindsight I can appreciate and observe how I did certainly suffer some significant harm to my serotonergic system from these combinations but then I was a heavy abuser for a long period already and afterwards.

This is quite important too, the link between DXM and MDMA neurotoxicity. Also to consider how how DXM does still appear I think in MDMA pills certainly has done on many occasions and will have possibly contributed to an increase in harmful effects without ever being traced.

ARe you KIDding me? DMT. But wait, how can an organic compound found in nature be a drug! It can't technically!

So LSD of course. Because mushrooms and cacti aren't drugs.

ARe you KIDding me? DMT. But wait, how can an organic compound found in nature be a drug! It can't technically!

So LSD of course. Because mushrooms and cacti aren't drugs.

Technically, if you take it and it affects you it is a drug.
Almost all known drugs, synthetic or natural, are organic compounds BTW.
Also, mushrooms and cacti are not drugs, but fungi and plants that contain drugs.

I think Ketamine is neuroprotective as well
Yes and ketamine, I dont believe will pose any extra neurtoxicity concernes or exacerbation as with DXM. I used ketamine almost every time I took MDMA from 2003 to 2005.

I took lots and lots and lots of MDMA in that time. But stangely, I have a,ways felt that I picked up very minimal repercussions in that time, in contast to previous years and periods where no Ket was used.

I was already very aware that my regular acid and shroom use had provided significant neurprptection and general stability, faster recovery etc.

But now Im thinking I likely underestimated the role ketamine played in protecting my brain from heavy bombardment at that time.

cyanide to kill myself when I'll be in pain from all the diseases I couldn't treat because I had acces to only 1 drug in my whole life

valium. duh.

when i was young and dumb i'd have said hydrocodone or hydromorphone.

Really? When prescribed Valium my anxiety was sky high even at ungodly doses and I found Clonazepam to help extremely well and also with my RLS. The muscle relaxant properties of Valium are nice but Oxycodone helps the pain much better. But we all metabolize much differently and I am glad Valium helps! I wish I could have an all-in-one medication rather than the idiotic list I've had since leaving the military.

yeah, doesn’t get much more subjective than benzo preference. at one point i actually traded in my kpin script for a valium script.

yeah, doesn’t get much more subjective than benzo preference. at one point i actually traded in my kpin script for a valium script.

Do you find it therapeutically beneficial moreso than Clonazepam or find the Diazepam more of a recreational medicine? I now am prescribed Temazepam for PTSD related insomnia but definitely had much more success sleeping using the Valium than I ever had with Klonopin. I think Alprazolam hit harder than anything but it is so short-lived I couldn't deal with the ups and downs

^indeed.

@FutureReference valium is better for me both recreationally and therapeutically. there’s a thin line between those two evaluations with benzos. it’s not like opiates that get you high but also kill pain. benzos kill anxiety, which is the recreational and therapeutic purpose. they don’t give much of a high. i’m excluding the subpopulation that takes them in unsafe doses for the ultra-drunk feeling. that’s crazy and all those people have absurd tolerances.

^indeed.

@FutureReference valium is better for me both recreationally and therapeutically. there’s a thin line between those two evaluations with benzos. it’s not like opiates that get you high but also kill pain. benzos kill anxiety, which is the recreational and therapeutic purpose. they don’t give much of a high. i’m excluding the subpopulation that takes them in unsafe doses for the ultra-drunk feeling. that’s crazy and all those people have absurd tolerances.

My tolerance used to be ridiculous, I am really not sure where it is at now. Straight out of the military I was prescribed 2MG of Xanax 4 times a day and admittedly started taking 8MG at once before long. There is still a 5 year period of time that truly feels like one long day if that makes any sense. You worded it perfectly. It is like an ultra-drunk feeling in which I truly have no memory of the night before.

Currently I am prescribed 2MG of Clonazepam twice a day along with the 30MG Temazepam for sleep. You really have got me wondering though... would Diazepam be more beneficial? Honestly it is the only medication I never gave a fair chance. I was on it for less than a year and this was following the heavy Xanax usage. What would the equivalent dosage be, and do you think it would make sense? I am a chronic pain patient following a severe neck injury in the Marines and am in my own head most of the time. Could Valium be what I am missing? The Oxycodone with Klonopin does help but the suicidal thoughts are not fully in my past and I have been debating a switch.

I know you aren't my Psychiatrist but knowing I have the chronic pain along with PTSD and RLS, do you believe Valium could be a better alternative than my current meds? My Psychiatrist will change anything for me due to our long history I just am unsure of what dosage to ask for to be equivalent to or possibly slightly exceed my current 4MG. Thanks in advance!

My tolerance used to be ridiculous, I am really not sure where it is at now. Straight out of the military I was prescribed 2MG of Xanax 4 times a day and admittedly started taking 8MG at once before long. There is still a 5 year period of time that truly feels like one long day if that makes any sense. You worded it perfectly. It is like an ultra-drunk feeling in which I truly have no memory of the night before.

Currently I am prescribed 2MG of Clonazepam twice a day along with the 30MG Temazepam for sleep. You really have got me wondering though... would Diazepam be more beneficial? Honestly it is the only medication I never gave a fair chance. I was on it for less than a year and this was following the heavy Xanax usage. What would the equivalent dosage be, and do you think it would make sense? I am a chronic pain patient following a severe neck injury in the Marines and am in my own head most of the time. Could Valium be what I am missing? The Oxycodone with Klonopin does help but the suicidal thoughts are not fully in my past and I have been debating a switch.

I know you aren't my Psychiatrist but knowing I have the chronic pain along with PTSD and RLS, do you believe Valium could be a better alternative than my current meds? My Psychiatrist will change anything for me due to our long history I just am unsure of what dosage to ask for to be equivalent to or possibly slightly exceed my current 4MG. Thanks in advance!

You could try a X therapy, it works.