• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc If you could only use 1 drug for the rest of your life, what would it be?

only way to know would be to give it a try. but be careful, because valium being an old school med sometimes means docs don't know how to calculate the equivalent. 80mg of valium would slightly exceed your 4mg dose, imo. according to the charts it's equipotent, but those charts are not all that reliable once you get into higher doses. and some charts say 40mg is equal to 4mg of kpin, which i think would put you in withdrawal. 60mg equaling 4mg is probably the most accurate for the majority of individuals. whatever dose you switch to if you switch, don't do it all at once. take half kpin, half valium for a while to smooth out the transition. or transition even slower than that if your doc suggests, but certainly not a sudden and complete switch.

don't be surprised if your doc is shy about high dose valium. it has had a bad rep in pop culture for decades. if your doc wants to go less than 60mgs to replace the 4mgs, i'd say don't do it. really 80mgs would be the way to go, and then drop down to closer to 60mgs once you're sure 80 is too much (but before your tolerance ups to the 80mgs).

Honestly I think I'd just go with my maintenance dose of methadone. As long as i could have a surplus in an IV form for fun times (I get a nice rush from IV methadone so it always confuses me when people say things like 'methadone doesn't get you high' or 'methadone has no rush')

After being on mmt for so long heroin sounds like a pain having to redose 3-4 times a day.

Off topic: Do methadone clinics not give takeaways in the US or are they just really strict? Cause that's the impression I get from reading about methadone in the US

marijuana hands down. Where I am at there are no takeaways, you gotta wait in the junkie line bright and early outside a building exposing yourself to anyone curious enough to drive by......not suitable. Suboxone is it's own bitch but at least you can bring it home.

I would have chosen weed even a handful of years ago, but lately weed has just not been appealing to me very often. Never thought it would happen to me but there it is, I only like to do it in select scenarios now. So I'd choose some psychedelic for sure. Probably LSD, but if it were possible to choose psychedelics as a whole I'd do that because sometimes one is better than another for the particular occasion.

Weed if at the same time I'd be able to enjoy it as I once was in this hypothetical scenario. Since developing anxiety I only very seldomly take weed and then low dose and it's still a hit or miss thing, though lately I smoked some stuff a bit more often that I still had lying around for ages and it was mostly enjoyable.

Otherwise Kratom.

Weed. Cause it won’t kill you no matter how high you get and even tolerance hitting you can still get a great effect by just changing the form or method of use eg if good herb stops getting you high go to dabs. You may have to increase dab size but that’ll pretty much do you for good and if not you can always add some potent edibles before you dab when they kick in.