• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

If you boof drugs does it bypass the liver?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I was having a debate with a friend who has Hep C and has severe liver damage, if he could boof drugs to avoid further damage to the liver? Mainly drugs taken orally would boofing be better for the liver?

Boofing simply has increased absorption compared to other ROAs, but all drugs eventually make it to the liver to be metabolized (unless it is not metabolized by the liver, most drugs are).

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm no boofing expert.

I don’t think booting will 100% bypass the liver , but I imagine it would be easier on the liver…I would wait for snafu to answer, he loves sticking things up his butt he’ll prolly know(jk snaffy)

I've wondered about this because of my diabetes and history of alcoholism ie. I'm always trying to minimise damage to organs, especially the liver. My guess would be the same -- sticking it up your bum would be easier on the liver.

Note to the OP -- Paracetamol is actually one of the most dangerous substances for the liver.

I would wait for snafu to answer, he loves sticking things up his butt

I was having a debate with a friend who has Hep C and has severe liver damage, if he could boof drugs to avoid further damage to the liver? Mainly drugs taken orally would boofing be better for the liver?
Ime only Methylone rock's boofed. Got this from a appreciated member and can confirm.

Boof it. and boof it good. Is it dangerous to thee liver would would be my second thought

Yeah, boofing prevents first pass metabolism, when you do drugs orally they pass the liver first before even making it to the brain. With boofing or snorting you get the drugs directly to the brain thus increased potency for some but everything you put in your body will eventually pass the liver and get metabolized. That said, many drugs aren't specifically toxic to the liver, not everything which passes the liver also puts a strain in it.

At the end of the day a drug is going to be metabolized by the liver until it is excreted by the kidneys. Boofing (and smoking and snorting and injecting) just make it so the drug avoids a cycle of metabolism before it enters general circulation. At the end of the day though 100 mg of a compound will exert the same load to the liver no matter what way it is administered (ignoring issues about the drug not absorbing via some routes, which obviously will be lighter to the liver).

Interesting. I have a gallbladder issue and for some reason when I take meth or adderall orally my galbladder(which on an ultrasound showed a 5 mm "cut" so IDK if it's leaking bile into my stomach or what)

Injecting cocaine or heroin didn't effect my gallbladder so I wonder if I shot meth or boofed it (these were pressed pills) it wouldn't affect my galbladder

Not really for any reason don't plan on shooting meth anytime soon

Interesting. I have a gallbladder issue and for some reason when I take meth or adderall orally my galbladder(which on an ultrasound showed a 5 mm "cut" so IDK if it's leaking bile into my stomach or what)

Injecting cocaine or heroin didn't effect my gallbladder so I wonder if I shot meth or boofed it (these were pressed pills) it wouldn't affect my galbladder

Not really for any reason don't plan on shooting meth anytime soon
So, whatcha gallbladder doing then what? Pulsating?

Hey @OpiateKiller

I think I understand what you're getting at. Bypassing first-pass metabolism doesn't mean that the remaining drug won't be processed by the same processes. I've had people ask if they can rectally administer Alcohol because they have Cirrhosis. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. If there is a reason not to take a drug in general due to a liver condition, changing the route of administration is by no means any kind of protection,

Hey @OpiateKiller

I think I understand what you're getting at. Bypassing first-pass metabolism doesn't mean that the remaining drug won't be processed by the same processes. I've had people ask if they can rectally administer Alcohol because they have Cirrhosis. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. If there is a reason not to take a drug in general due to a liver condition, changing the route of administration is by no means any kind of protection,
True. But if the same perceived effects can be achieved with a smaller dose, that would be some harm reduction, no?