• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

If we do not turn our love of self to our hate of self, we are bound for our near extinction.

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter
If we do not turn our love of self to our hate of self, we are bound for our near extinction.

Science has shown that the good in us, our love side, is dominating us via our selfish gene.

Science is also showing us that we are in a major extinction event that may well include a vast number of people. I doubt that our full extinction will come to pass, but we will be reduced to such small numbers that we will likely revert to a less sophisticated system and city states.

If we do not turn our swords into plows, and devastate the worlds populations with war, our environment will do the deed and near extinct us.

We love our governments and gods. That is why we have let them bring us to the brink of extinction. We follow them so closely that we all have our heads stuck into the ground.

I think, given the incompetence of all governments and gods; we should let our great love for what leads us and turn it to hate, as we should, to insure the survival of people right here and right now. Start to hate the systems that got us all to this pitiful place in time.

We presently elect our incompetent governments and gods for a variety of reasons. We are all tribal and belong to a religious tribe or a government tribe. We all follow their ideologies, theologies or philosophies. We are all the same in this.

Surely, given that we are basically all humans, who wish to love more than hate, can hate those things that are putting us all in peril long enough to do something about our head long leap to near extinction.

The environment is under political control and they are killing our bodies. Our bodies harbor our souls to the physical world where our children live.

I think it is time for a god to take over.

I don’t care if it is a pedophile protecting Pope or a united Christianity, or newly elected Khalif of a newly united Islam, but a god must step up, as our political side has failed humankind completely.

Our politicians are not uniting the world and should be made to step down so that some form of religious system, chosen by the masses, so that we can try uniting under a newly elected god.

Jesus prophesied that that would become a necessity, and so did Socrates before him. Both were right in thinking that such a system would be the best possible end for political theories.

I urge the vast majority of the world, the religious, to have a final battle in the ongoing god wars, which involves our political gods as well. Let their hate out by debate and elect a new god of peace so that our current incompetent batch of leaders might find the best one.

My love of the religious has let loose my hate against our incompetent political leadership and I think we all should, elect a new god and save us from our own near extinction.

We have the means; do we have the will?

Regards
DL

Why does it have to be a blood-spilled battle?

I think the rebellion is closer than you may think.

Who will pick our "god of peace"? And how do we know he won't succumb to the power trips that so many before him have?

Cinema, simulated life, ill drama
Fourth Reich culture - Americana
Chained to the dream they got ya searchin for
Tha thin line between entertainment and war

Why does it have to be a blood-spilled battle?

I think the rebellion is closer than you may think.

Who will pick our "god of peace"? And how do we know he won't succumb to the power trips that so many before him have?

Cinema, simulated life, ill drama
Fourth Reich culture - Americana
Chained to the dream they got ya searchin for
Tha thin line between entertainment and war

No blood required or likely.

It will be a rebellion of ideas.

We don't have to do it but an intelligent man said; to continue to elect incompetent politicians while expecting a less incompetent politician and system of governance, is a sign of insanity.

I am sure that candidates would speak to transparency issues and will be eager and busy bending our ears.

Regards
DL

Do we really need to hate ourselves? Perhaps we need to not feed our egos all day and spend our nights admiring them but I don't feel we need to hate self.

Most of us have felt or do feel a connection to the larger body of life on earth, our function as a sentient, engineering species is a mystery to us. The clues are literally everywhere that humanity is not in step with our planet and we don't ever stop long enough to take a sober (or psychedelic) second look at what we are and what we are doing.

Our old competative society built on scarcity is about to take a paradigm shift.

We can choose to hate ourselves for the mistakes we have made bringing humanity to this point but remorse and regret are a shitty foundation to build your society on, we have watched religions preach shame and failure for thousands of years and our society has tried to build itself on stories of fear.

We don't need to hate ourselves, we just need to wake ourselves up and realise our individual potential. We can look back with regret but it will simply take our focus away from now. Just forgive yourself, then forget about it until a moment occurs when you have an opportunity to change.

Do we really need to hate ourselves? Perhaps we need to not feed our egos all day and spend our nights admiring them but I don't feel we need to hate self.

Most of us have felt or do feel a connection to the larger body of life on earth, our function as a sentient, engineering species is a mystery to us. The clues are literally everywhere that humanity is not in step with our planet and we don't ever stop long enough to take a sober (or psychedelic) second look at what we are and what we are doing.

Our old competative society built on scarcity is about to take a paradigm shift.

We can choose to hate ourselves for the mistakes we have made bringing humanity to this point but remorse and regret are a shitty foundation to build your society on, we have watched religions preach shame and failure for thousands of years and our society has tried to build itself on stories of fear.

We don't need to hate ourselves, we just need to wake ourselves up and realise our individual potential. We can look back with regret but it will simply take our focus away from now. Just forgive yourself, then forget about it until a moment occurs when you have an opportunity to change.

If not now, when?

Systems are in place to keep you down.

Forgiving the self is easy. Repentance that precedes it is hard.

Repentance calls for actions.

Regards
DL

The kind of love you speak of, and hate, are two sides of the same egoic coin. Being attached to either is a problem.

Test all things, hold to the good. That's scripture.

You know which side you should hold to. Love should create a hate against all that threatens what you love. Let it out.

Regards
DL

Do we really need to hate ourselves?

Not hate, but hold ourselves in contempt if you truly want to evolve as a person for your own ideal. I get what OP's prate is talking about at least in the first lines. Complacency and contentment among animals stifles our personal growth as we are made to feel, "Be okay with who you are" jazz.

No! You just got out of rehab, have no job, no gf, and urinate in jars for your own personal collection. It's time now to start confronting oneself for the worse.

Otherwise, i'm sure his babble meant something very real and true to him when he was blitzed out of his mind.

Not hate, but hold ourselves in contempt if you truly want to evolve as a person for your own ideal. I get what OP's prate is talking about at least in the first lines. Complacency and contentment among animals stifles our personal growth as we are made to feel, "Be okay with who you are" jazz.

No! You just got out of rehab, have no job, no gf, and urinate in jars for your own personal collection. It's time now to start confronting oneself for the worse.

Otherwise, i'm sure his babble meant something very real and true to him when he was blitzed out of his mind.

Or blitzed into the right frame of mind, given that you got it.

Regards
DL

Last edited: