• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc If the purity of most chemicals is the highest at 98% or alike, what does the other 1 or 2 % consist of?

With mdma I think it's about 16%
Ket similar 13% iirc
Cocaine again about 9-12% will be the hcl

So if a vendors advertising 100% pure you know there's a farm around

I have heard the 2% difference is this: drugs in pure 100% form is always liquid form, so I'm guessing chemists purposely decrease the drug purity a few percent give or take just to be able to bind it in its crystalline form (d-methamp-hydrochloride??)???? The most common form of meth in the USA. If I'm not mistaken.
I'm curious as to know what the average quality % ranges for your most common crystal/glass tina what ever fancies u haha

Sorry for the bump. I highly doubt that the percentage of purity will be high like Walter whites 96% southwest usa. I would assume average purity runs from 40-74%, maybe even less in states like New York where meth isnt nearly available much, in my city, crack is on every street corner, damn near every other house on a street is selling . Now , pretend we go on a trip to las vegas or LA or Phoenix . When you go in the inner city neighborhoods, you have blocks, streets, huge project buildings, meth is rampant here, If u want 5 dollars worth, I guarantee they will break u off with a small nickel piece, and if the purity of meth is high, bet ur ass 5 dollars worth will have you satisfied all day, or atleast for a good minute. Completely different drug culture compared east coast with the culture out west too. Up here in NY, if u want crystal, you will find a steady supply too up here, dont get me wrong. I'm pretty sure our "glass grade" meth in NY is commonly low , I have a hard time believing buffalo has a high standard purity level, I consider myself being generous for even saying perhaps 60% max purity rate as alot of junior chemists up here lack precise knowledge to even master purity levels of 90 or better, maybe 80s is tops

Worked in polymer labs for years. 98% standard purity is about right for a full professional set up, at least for legal stuff, including plastic. Not sure it is possible to run with 100% even with refining after, and that is only polymers!

From what I understand, methamphetamine that comes in shards (big crystals) is not only not adulterated, but is also mostly dextro-meth. However, there are impurities that come from manufacture, which are leftovers, what are called 'side reactions' and the product of a sloppy cleanup.

A partial list follows: Toluene, Benzaldehyde, cis-1,2-Dimethyl-3-phenylaziridine, 1-Phenyl-2-propanone/ Amphetamine, N-Ethylamphetamine, N,N-Dimethylamphetamine, Ephedrine/pseudoephedrine, N-Acetylephedrine, 3,4-Diphenyl-3-buten-2-one, N,N-di-(β-Phenylisopropyl)amine, 1,3-Dimethyl-2-phenylnaphthalene, 1-Benzyl-3-methylnaphthalene, Me(α-Me-Ph)amino-1-Ph-2-propanone, Benzoylmethamphetamine, N,N-di-(β-Phenylisopropyl)formamide.

Some of these compounds are in all meth and others are route specific and law enforcement uses them to trace where it was made. A few of these compounds, such as 1,2-Dimethyl-3-phenylaziridine are thought to be responsible for some of the extreme damaging effects of meth.

Any attempts to remove these impurities would likely be futile for someone who is not a chemist.

Having said that, it is found that the big shards are more pure and the crumbs that surround the big shards are more loaded with these impurities making this powdery stuff just downright nasty.

Do what you want with this knowledge, but it seems to me that people are consuming toxic waste.