• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

If shrooms is basically food poisoning, shouldn't it always make you sick?

Knockout666

Bluelighter
I had some for the first time and I always heard really trippy stories and how my friends have puked and stuff..

I didn't puke and they didnt taste too bad.. Although my tummy hurt at some point. Pretty sure it was because I needed to pee though. Anyway, me and my friend started getting watery eyes and runny noses lol

Was this a food poisoning reaction or something? My nose gets runny pretty easily so I'm not sure if it's the shrooms or not. Also, this was happening while we were eating a hot meal.

Also, I only had half a gram, we didn't feel much. and I was kinda hoping to hallucinate. Does it take alot to hallucinate or is that just bullshit?

Why do you say that mushrooms are basically food poisoning?

Mushrooms contain a psychedelic compound called psilocybin. Psilocybin can make you feel sick. It doesn't always happen, just occasionally.

half a gram of mushrooms isn't enough to feel the full effects. It's like expecting to be drunk from half a beer.

Mushrooms are food poisoning in the sense that if you were eating them as food a unique chemical would give rise to an unwanted bodily reaction. This leading you to believe you were poisoned, as it made you unable to accomplish the days tasks.

In any sense other then that, it is nothing like food poisoning. Also you would probably need closer to 2g to feel something.

As others have said, psychedelic mushrooms don't work by poisoning you. I suggest you research the terms psilocybin and psilocin for a better understanding of how mushrooms work.

Also I would suggest taking somewhere in the 1 gram-2 gram range next time you do them. You will definitely feel the effects much more but it won't be too much to handle if things get intense. In my experience mushrooms start getting really trippy around 3 grams and higher

Ahhh very interesting and well, food poisoning is what people call it.. No one really gets all technical about it. Lol

^ You shouldn't listen to the people who say that ever again if you want to succeed in life..

If mushrooms were grown or dried improperly they can get moldy which will make you sick. However the skin/flesh of the mushroom itself can be very rough on your stomach, try taking some ginger or something similar before eating the shrooms, it should help quite a bit.

"Broski, too bad we can't find any L tonight, at least I got some in my spine! Quick, help me crack my back!"

I've heard the food poisoning myth at least 10 times IRL, just because something causes nausea doesn't mean it's caused by food poisoning. Study psychedelics on this site and be the one in your group with the real knowledge and take the roll of the responsible one, it sounds like your friends learned all their knowledge from street dealers. You may be able to prevent difficult experiences in the future.

"Food poisoning" usually refers to a gastrointestinal infection acquired from some food, rather than any sort of "poisoning" per se. The nausea generated by psilocybin is not microbial in origin, so it has no resemblance to food poisoning.

Ahhh very interesting and well, food poisoning is what people call it.. No one really gets all technical about it. Lol

"What I'm saying is completely made up and has no basis in truth but let's not get all technical about it (lol)"

Mushrooms can make you puke because psylocybin is a 5-ht2a agonist and you have 5-ht2a receptors in your gastrointestinal tract. Sorry to get 'all technical about it' but that's what happens if you use your brain rather than just believing crap that other people tell you.

Last edited:

food poisoning is eating bacteria laced food

feeling nauseous from drugs is not the same.

thats really uneducated- unless its a troll thread. either way euhhhhhhhh:\

getting "technical" with these things will help you be more informed. you seem young, but after a while you will know people who just said fuck it and jumped into these things headfirst without knowing anything, and they will be fucked up from it. knowledge is power with this stuff, seriously, research this shit before getting into it.

also, you wanna aim for like 3x the dose that you are doing, assuming what you have is of decent quality.

mushrooms work by poisoning your brain and making it bleed.....i've heard this from so many teenagers. of course these are the same children that believe the world is 2000 years old, rainbows began AFTER god flooded the world, and that humans used to live to be 1000 years old

we wonder why america is in the shitter....fucking highschool and college kids don't even know what a drug and a receptor are, in fact....the retards we pay minimum wage to teach these kids don't even know what a drug and receptor are. but some of those kids sure can throw balls and jump high very well

Last edited:
its all just uneducated. i've heard similar bullshit stories from speed fiends

uneducated people chat shit about drugs.

whether they take drugs or are anti drugs it does matter- the lack of education and awareness is why stupid laws and societal attitudes prevail. mainly because most people are moderately thick

"Broski, too bad we can't find any L tonight, at least I got some in my spine! Quick, help me crack my back!"

This made me laugh far too hard. Saw something a while ago which said that people may experience acid flashbacks due to head trauma causing the L to "come out" of the spinal fluid, I also had someone a while ago tell me that all ketamine was under 5% pure because otherwise it is a horse tranquilliser and would just tranquillise you. Heard similar rumours re: people taking the film 'Shrooms' too seriously and saying that their brother knew someone who ate a black spot mushroom, painful.

I think the medical saying is "Anything is a poison in a big enough dose"

^ You shouldn't listen to the people who say that ever again if you want to succeed in life..

If mushrooms were grown or dried improperly they can get moldy which will make you sick. However the skin/flesh of the mushroom itself can be very rough on your stomach, try taking some ginger or something similar before eating the shrooms, it should help quite a bit.

This statement by Folley is 100% correct. Bacterial or fungal contamination is the only real risk of "food poisoning" associated with shrooms, that and stupid doses of say 1/2 an ounce or more dried mushrooms...

BTW never eat, or in one particularly stupid individuals case smoke, the "glow in the dark" mushrooms. These are toxic and the one individual in question tried to smoke one and ended up with some really very severe cramps, vomiting, and diarrhea. At least the idiot did not eat it... One of the dumbest things I have ever seen. People were telling him it was fucking toxic yet he still microwaved it (to dry it out) and smoked it in a pipe (in an attempt to get high, he was drunk btw).

Last edited: