• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

If only you didn't have to come back down..

Ismene2

Bluelighter
How do you compare/contrast peak experiences on psychedelics/ drugs in general with the mundanity of everyday life? Do you look at the psychedelic/drug world as a place that offers succour and salvation from your everyday life?

How do you compare/contrast peak experiences on psychedelics/ drugs in general with the mundanity of everyday life? Do you look at the psychedelic/drug world as a place that offers succour and salvation from your everyday life?

There is no comparison unfortunately.

I can't handle psychedelics any more because it makes me unable to cope with everyday life due to the sharp contrast. The bliss from psychedelics quickly turns to hell when you can no longer integrate it with real life.

Cue heroin... :\

Actually it's my confessedly shitty mundane every day life for all it's perils which saves me from psychedelics lol.

You posted this at 3:33!

Yeah 😂 I think living in cloud Cuckoo land on psychedelics much better than the reality of life. Lately there ain't 🐝 been much work on account of the economy, so he goes down to the river, and into the river he dives..📞😥😥😥

No i look at drugs as an experience that primarily distract me from and cloud what is already a beautiful world. Of course they offered me refuge from the world but if you have the skills to deal with the parts of life that are difficult or uncomfortable then they aren’t really necessary.

Psychedelics are, to some extent, outside of that and definitely can offer a deeper understanding of the world. The reality of my drug use is that although I like psychedelics they very quickly take a back seat to everything else.

Without the mundane, how do you recognize the special, transcendental qualities of psychedelics. Sort of like, if there were no evil, how would you distinguish good from everyday/mundane.

A bit of a yin/yang thing 🙂

Without the mundane, how do you recognize the special, transcendental qualities of psychedelics. Sort of like, if there were no evil, how would you distinguish good from everyday/mundane.

A bit of a yin/yang thing 🙂
Excellent post and points made I'm watching a lot of vintage Jackie Chan from Chinese 80's VCR very true about yin and yang. Heaven and earth Chon Ji 🌍 the soul pills
and the ever green Jade... 🙏

Last edited:
Yeah 😂 I think living in cloud Cuckoo land on psychedelics much better than the reality of life. Lately there ain't 🐝 been much work on account of the economy, so he goes down to the river, and into the river he dives..📞😥😥😥

Would that be a Springsteen reference by any chance?

Good track that - for Bruce... :p

Not at all, i view psychedelic experience as a very occasional event that helps process and balance emotions to make everyday life better and more interesting.

For me it's become a less is more thing. Low to medium doses a couple of times per year. I used to jump headfirst into higher doses of many psychedelics but since shifting from an experimental approach to a (non-theist) spiritual/medicinal approach i try and get as much out of as little as possible and do all the other work to make magic happen. Psychedelics are not the key to everything. They are tools to induce a particular type of emotional cleanse through heightened awareness which is not neurologically sustainable yet has immense benefits. Everything psychedelics may show is real, if one has the guts and brains to make sense of it. Much of it is tough love - including the realization that observing truth isn't enough to fulfill a loving organism but that it's possible to reduce the anxiety and loss of transition back to ordinary states by choosing alignment with truth over emotional comfort at any time. Psychedelics rarely show us entirely new truths but rather serve as a stark reminder of the emotional importance of truth. A disciplined yet also very free-flowing life seems necessary for me. This includes making the effort to be amazed by everything, above all else.

I never really thought that the return to normal reality was that boring after trips. At times i used to be in a miserable mood after a trip, but that normally coincided with a quite miserable mood during and before it aswell. Of course psychedelics may facilitate pure escapism but that hasn't really been a strong pull for me. Nitrous oxide on the other hand has had a mighty fiendish and desperate nostalgic pull many times after a session. This fades in seconds though.

Last edited:
No i look at drugs as an experience that primarily distract me from and cloud what is already a beautiful world. Of course they offered me refuge from the world but if you have the skills to deal with the parts of life that are difficult or uncomfortable then they aren’t really necessary.

Psychedelics are, to some extent, outside of that and definitely can offer a deeper understanding of the world. The reality of my drug use is that although I like psychedelics they very quickly take a back seat to everything else.
It's a while (couple of years, at least), since I've had a dose of acid, psilocybin etc, except for DMT, which makes up for its brevity, by really ripping me a new one, each time. The duration is the thing that I wouldn't feel comfortable with, for all nigbters have a physical toll and I'm still all over the place, emotionally, since my wife's passing. I have been a bit too dependant on stimulants, to motivate me out of a state of torpor, especially in run up to xmas/winter, but come spring next year, a longer, less frantic, experience, is probably going to be better bet. Start getting my life back into focus, after a truely horrendus year.