• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants If not isopropylbenzylamine, then what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I also cover one reason for a possible change in this thread..

-GC

The n-iso thing seems to be very overblown. See below for a brief explanation from @SchoolofShardKnocks:

The lab seems to be relatively well known amongst drug users in downtown Vancouver and apparently has plenty of average Joe drug users testing their shit. I'd take it as a relatively representative sample of what is in drugs in the Vancouver area.
I had a look at all the results from getyourdrugtested.com (the Vancouver drug testing service mentioned above). They had 5 positive results for n-iso from over 500 tests of substances sold as n-iso. So in percentage terms that's already hardly looking like an epidemic.

It's also interesting to note the different between the many more tests that detected dimethylsulfone (MSM) which is the traditional cut for meth. When quantifiable results were presented there was usually 5-15 % MSM in the sample. This is about typical of the maximum quantum of meth cutting I see here in Australia also as anything higher is instantly detectable on your first puff. Even 5 % MSM is easily identifiable when you attempt to dissolve a point of meth to inject. But the n-iso samples were 40-60 % n-iso cut.

That does not suggest to me that there is institutionalised stepping on meth in this area. It suggests a couple of dickheads tried it on a few time to scam strangers in low level street dealing. And anybody buying points or even grams from strangers on the street these is quite possibly too dumb to be trusted with methamphetamine anyway.

Makes me wonder if n-isopropylbenzylamine might be psychoactive in some sense

Status
Not open for further replies.