• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

If love releases dopamine, serotonin, and other euphoric neurotransmitters, can love be considered a "high"?

It's a nice buzz until you've lived with the person & really gotten to know them for awhile.

Then you remember that heroin is much more reliable. lol
Anything is more predictable (reliable ) than another human since we were all endowed with free will. We must all take a chance if we are to ever find an individual that will also wish to have a relationship with us that grows and survives.

However if we succumb to not taking that chance the predictability or reliability of never achieving that approaches 100%

When I was actively an addict I believed that heroin would fill the hole in my soul. It was only after I selfishly quit (did it for my own self) did I find I had the capacity to truly appreciate love. While using I much preferred the cocoon of the buzz and my own company.

Anything is more predictable (reliable ) than another human since we were all endowed with free will. We must all take a chance if we are to ever find an individual that will also wish to have a relationship with us that grows and survives.

However if we succumb to not taking that chance the predictability or reliability of never achieving that approaches 100%

When I was actively an addict I believed that heroin would fill the hole in my soul. It was only after I selfishly quit (did it for my own self) did I find I had the capacity to truly appreciate love. While using I much preferred the cocoon of the buzz and my own company.
Well, everyone's different.
I've been in love about 3 major times in my life & every one of those people turned out to be an abusive piece of shit who put me through years of hell.

I thought finding love would "fill that hole in my soul" too, but it didn't, because people suck (well gay guys do anyway).

So in the end, all I have is myself. And I found I can fill that hole on my own & learn to love myself better than anyone else will. And some good medication always helps a long the way on that journey. So my own company & a buzz sounds much more enthralling than being fucked over again. lol

I can feel warm, at peace & cuddle with "god" himself on heroin. Now being in love AND on heroin at the same time would be even more preferable. lol

Well, everyone's different.
I've been in love about 3 major times in my life & every one of those people turned out to be an abusive piece of shit who put me through years of hell.

I thought finding love would "fill that hole in my soul" too, but it didn't, because people suck (well gay guys do anyway).

So in the end, all I have is myself. And I found I can fill that hole on my own & learn to love myself better than anyone else will. And some good medication always helps a long the way on that journey. So my own company & a buzz sounds much more enthralling than being fucked over again. lol

I can feel warm, at peace & cuddle with "god" himself on heroin. Now being in love AND on heroin at the same time would be even more preferable. lol
I agree wholeheartedly and was just expressing my experience.
I was married and truly thought I was in love, however in my case it turned out I was fooling myself. Again, just my personal experience.

I agree wholeheartedly and was just expressing my experience.
I was married and truly thought I was in love, however in my case it turned out I was fooling myself. Again, just my personal experience.
Fooled myself with that one, too. I married a man whose first love is and always will be himself. I was doing all these things for him, whereas he just took and took. Not healthy at all, but I was so young when I met him, not even out of college yet, so what did I know?!

love is the highest truth and greatest high.

@swilow i use to not believe in free will.

But i recently discovered free will is real and have managed to take my will back from the slavery of the capalistic system that stole everyone's free will and enslaved us with bullshit programing.

We are living in a system designed to keep us working forever till we die.

Finding love makes life worth living.

I truly hope everyone finds somebody who truly accepts them and loves them. I went a long time without that and drugs filled that hole for me

I was a big time junky. Had to get high everyday. In addition to my Bupe.
Then I got marrried. Some 30 years ago.
On my honeymoon I asked my wife if she wanted to smoke some pot.
She said no. I was like whats the point in just be getting high. And I threw myself into my job. My life changed.
A good woman can change your life. In fact there is an old Indian saying. Any troubled boy or girl get them married off they will settle down and get their act together. It worked for me for sure.
Been 30+ years since I gave up pot.

Love is a battlefield

Music Video Dancing GIF

I was dating this girl that wanted me to go to a PatGagatar show w/ her

Ummm no thanks

the next day she said between almost every song she was trying to convince the crowd
"Im no cold hearted bitch"