• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

If I take seroquel at night can I trip the next night?

purplehaze147

Bluelighter
I'm pretty sure if you take a seroquel during a trip it'll kill it since it blocks serotonin. I've been taking seroquel to sleep. I'm not prescribed it & I don't have a mental disorder. I took 180 400mg seroquel from a relative that passed away & found out out they're very effective for sleep in the 50-100mg range. I started out taking them for stimulant come downs & became dependant on it for sleep, at least its no where near as bad as being dependant on benzos for sleep. Tomorrow is my birthday & I want to take some shrooms. Will it still work tommorow evening if I take ~75mg? Also how do shrooms go with alcohol? It's going to be my 21st birthday so I'm going to drink. For me opiates & psychedelics don't go together very well & benzos will stop most of the trip.

Not a s bad as benzos?! You'd better do a double take on long term adverse effects...can you say "tardive dyskinesia"?
While fairly uncommon with Seroquel, a 1/1,000,000 chance would be high enough odds for me to stay away from that shit...I had a aunt that had it from Haldol and it was some fucked up shit!
Oh, to answer your question, probably not. If you're dependent on Seroquel then your serum levels are probably high enough that you'll need several days away from it to really get those receptors clear again...IMO.

Last edited:
No, the seroquel will block the shrooms. I would recommend not tripping.

Not a s bad as benzos?! You'd better do a double take on long term adverse effects...can you say "tardive dyskinesia"?
While fairly uncommon with Seroquel, a 1/1,000,000 chance would be high enough odds for me to stay away from that shit...I had a aunt that had it from Haldol and it was some fucked up shit!
Oh, to answer your question, probably not. If you're dependent on Seroquel then your serum levels are probably high enough that you'll need several days away from it to really get those receptors clear again...IMO.

Oh no a one in a million chance! There's a 100% chance of becoming physically addicted to benzos if you take them everyday too long. The withdrawal is horrible talk about paranoia. There's no withdrawal from not taking seroquel I just can't fall asleep too well since I'm used to being heavily sedated.

Are you sure because suboxone blocks your opioid receptors very strongly and it has a long half life, longer than seroquel. I can get high on opiates 24hrs after my last dose of suboxone. This is not an antidepressant which causes more long term changes to the serotonin system.

Get some weed dude. Antipsychotics are good for when you're psychotic. I'd avoid them otherwise.

All in all, I'm usually all for trips, but this sounds like a bad idea.

UPDATE: the mushrooms worked fine. An 8th felt like maybe 3g, I didn't really notice a difference. I took them about 20hrs after 75mg of seroquel. Seroquel blocks dopamine too but I still feel my amphetamine in full force when I take it in the morning when I wake up after taking seroquel before bed. I know it's still full force because if I do Heroin at night I don't take the seroquel to sleep & the amp still feels the same.

Ive used nitrous oxide on risperdal and it intensifies it. It doesnt kill trippy feelings.

Maybe antipsychotics dont abort dissociatives. Im not sure.

But the half-life of Seroquel is very very long.

Glad your trip went well tho. Maybe an anomoloy..

Ive used nitrous oxide on risperdal and it intensifies it. It doesnt kill trippy feelings.

Maybe antipsychotics dont abort dissociatives. Im not sure.

But the half-life of Seroquel is very very long.

Glad your trip went well tho. Maybe an anomoloy..
Anti-psychotics won't stop a dissociative trip since they don't bind to the NDMA receptor at all. Dissociatives do potentate sedatives. Heroin + low MXE dose = <3. One of the best combos I've ever tried, also very dangerous MXE is very similar to K which is a horse tranquilizer. Never have I been so tranquil before lol.

The reason why people think it kills trips is it's a serotonin antagonist & psychedelics are serotonin agonists. IME it doesn't.

Seroquels half life isn't that long, 9-12 hrs for it's metabolite. Buprenorphine's half life is 36hrs & like I said I can feel Heroin 24hrs after fine, even 12hrs later I've had strong rushes from dope when the last dose was 2mg or less.

Actually I forgot to mention this. A while ago I accidentally OD'd on 25B-NBOMe (basically a potent synthetic form of mescaline). I took sooo much seroquel, probably around a gram IDK I was in such a panic, trying to abort the trip, it didn't do shit. Nada. I was still tripping so hard it was scary intense I thought I was dieing for another like 3 he's before it finally started to go down in intensity lasted like 8 all together. After I was tired though.

By the way, 25B binds to the serotonin receptor much stronger than ur average psychedelic. It might stop a mushroom, mescaline, or LSD trip. I'm not too eager to find out lol.

This is not an accurate way to describe the chemical. It's marketing.
Why would it be inaccurate? It feels pretty similar to mescaline & it's an analog of 2C-B which is a synthetic analog of mescaline. This is not 25I or 25C which suck, they're awful psychedelics. I found 25B to be just as good as LSD, maybe even better.

The three are radically different chemicals, and have quite different safety profiles.

The three are radically different chemicals, and have quite different safety profiles.
Yea they're different in potency have, produce a slightly different trip, & you can OD on 25B & 2C-B (2C-B not as much) a lot easier than mescaline. Theyre not radically different though. Look at the chemical structures. Mescaline was the base structure & inspiration for Alexander Shulgin to create 2C-B. 25B (original name 2C-B-NBOMe) is 2C-B with a group of atoms added to it to increase potency. Like how LSA is to LSD. Also you need 2C-B first to make 25B. & they're all psychedelic phenethylamines.

Nbome is an enormous group, and even minor changes to a molecule can have a major impact.

BOLLOCKS. The risk of developing tardive dyskinesia on Quetiapine isn't one in a million... it's more like 1/25.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18332662

The longer you're on it, the more likely you are to develop it. It's not a case of "if", it's a case of "when".

If you don't have a mental illness then you have no business messing around with this shit. My advice would be:

1) Exercise more... this will increase the quality of your sleep like nothing else will.
If you still can't get to sleep then:
2) Smoke weed.
3) Drink 1-2 units of alcohol (yes, it's perfectly safe to do this every day).
4) Take a sedating antihistamine.

As for alcohol + shrooms... IME it's just as bad as benzos for dulling a trip.
Opiates (codeine) and psychedelics combine beautifully... what's wrong with you man???

Why would it be inaccurate? It feels pretty similar to mescaline & it's an analog of 2C-B which is a synthetic analog of mescaline. This is not 25I or 25C which suck, they're awful psychedelics. I found 25B to be just as good as LSD, maybe even better.
Dude. 25B is an NBOMe, which means it sucks ass by definition.
Not being narrow-minded; I just don't see the point in a class of psychedelics that a) don't do anything the 'classics' don't do just as well and b) has been known to cause nerve damage and painful deaths in normal doses.
NBOMes need to be eradicated. I think it's disgusting that drugs like quaaludes and seconal (which are extremely safe by comparison) are damn near impossible to find nowadays while NBOMes and dragonflies are in abundance.

Wow, that's disturbing. The more I read about antipsychotics the worse I feel about them.

I think both those 1 in a mil and 1/25 numbers are pretty exaggerated. That link you provided doesn't seem to cover atypical antipsychotics which is what quetiapine is... those have lower risk of TD, especially quetiapine for which it is especially uncommon. Maybe not ultra rare like hitting the jackpot, but I wouldn't say that getting overly dramatic about it is fair either.
Also realize that the chances are relatively low with a dose of 100 mg as opposed to the 300-800 for schizophrenia and alike conditions.

That said, no it is a quite unwise idea to self-medicate with sleep medications... even if I am tempted to agree that benzo's are probably a hell of a lot worse - and this is coming from someone who self-prescribed benzo's for about a year and had a lot of (protracted) issues coming off them.
In a lot of cases insomnia is a secondary symptom and your best bet would be to try and see if you can treat the primary cause, preferably with something other than medication. The exercise was good advice. Other than that, melatonin in doses of about 1-2 mg can help a lot IMO and is relatively reponsible to take compared to other things. Not much seems to be known about long term effects though. Years ago melatonin never really impressed me but more recently - especially since I made my own preparations from the pure stuff - I have found melatonin to really put me down and actually feel strongly sedating in a way.
I am also a big fan of theanine - doesnt make me half as heavy feeling as valerian, but maybe the hypnotic potential is also less...

Since this is not to turn into a 'recommend drugs to me' thread, I'll leave it at that.

---

Whether advertising any NBOMe as a potent form of synthetic mescaline is a relative matter. To a person who knows jackshit about drugs (but has heard of mescaline), the description is not that bad since mescaline is the classical psychedelic all PEAs were modeled after originally and NBOMe's are PEA derivatives. And it is not like NBOMe drugs have absolutely zero with mescaline in common either. But to people who know a bit more about psychedelics, it is perhaps no wonder that they are disgusted by the comparison.. as if a 'filthy' NBOMe could ever be the pristine drug that is mescaline?!

I don't trust the NBOMe class and found the vasoconstrictive side-effects I got more distracting than that I was able to be pleased with the 'serenity, tranquility and peace' like state that 25D happened to provide me with. To each their own but I'd rather be without them. But to say mescaline is a radically different drug is imo letting yourself get carried away by the negative image and bad connotations / reputation the NBOMe's have acquired.

Small changes to a molecule can indeed have major consequences, but still NBOMe drugs seem to share characteristics with mescaline and a lot of other phenethylamines that are much less shared by tryptamines. It is simply a matter of whether you focus on the differences or the similarities and all else is a game of semantics we can play all day. I think it's childish to not acknowledge both perspectives to this.

One more thing though: when NBOMe's are marketed as similar to synthetic mescaline, that is of course an attempt to cash in on the similarities, and despite similarities NBOMe's won't soon be indistinguishable from mescaline - that seems wishful thinking with making money in mind. So yeah, to discover that one has to miss out on the unique features from mescaline is likely to lead to feelings of disappointment and being fooled. But it still doesn't put more distance between the drugs than there actually is.

---

On-actual-topic 8) : nice that you were able to trip, could be those mushrooms were a quite potent dose indeed and the after effects of the seroquel compensated for that... or you were lucky just not to have the antipsychotic impede any psychedelic effects. The dose is relatively low, so it is certainly not impossible as you clearly demonstrated. But I would never take your case as proof that it is okay to trip on anti-psychotics, most of all because of the contraindication of psychotic tendencies with psychedelics. ;)

threads question answered?

Last edited:
BOLLOCKS. The risk of developing tardive dyskinesia on Quetiapine isn't one in a million... it's more like 1/25.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18332662

The longer you're on it, the more likely you are to develop it. It's not a case of "if", it's a case of "when".

If you don't have a mental illness then you have no business messing around with this shit. My advice would be:

1) Exercise more... this will increase the quality of your sleep like nothing else will.
If you still can't get to sleep then:
2) Smoke weed.
3) Drink 1-2 units of alcohol (yes, it's perfectly safe to do this every day).
4) Take a sedating antihistamine.

As for alcohol + shrooms... IME it's just as bad as benzos for dulling a trip.
Opiates (codeine) and psychedelics combine beautifully... what's wrong with you man???

Dude. 25B is an NBOMe, which means it sucks ass by definition.
Not being narrow-minded; I just don't see the point in a class of psychedelics that a) don't do anything the 'classics' don't do just as well and b) has been known to cause nerve damage and painful deaths in normal doses.
NBOMes need to be eradicated. I think it's disgusting that drugs like quaaludes and seconal (which are extremely safe by comparison) are damn near impossible to find nowadays while NBOMes and dragonflies are in abundance.
I don't take it every night now just for stimulant & psychedelic comedowns. I'm not too worried. When I'm coming down from a stimulant I actually do feel psychotic (only time I ever do). Like I'll be talking to myself in the mirror & shit lol. The seroquel completely takes that away.

You are being narrow minded. Yes I know 25B is an NBOMe. It's completely different from 25I, 25C, & 25E those suck. 25B is more like a classic psychedelic. The visuals, body high, & euphoria are amazing. It's more visual than any psychedelic I've tried by a lot, even DMT. Also NBOMe is not an enormous group & I agree most NBOMes suck ass (I've tried B, C, & I) but not 25B I like it as much as LSD.

Nbomes kill people and we don't understand why. That doesn't give you pause?