• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

If I take a potentiator do I need to reduce my dosage to be safe?

Lostsoul123

Greenlighter
First off new here! Hello everyone! So I just learned about potentiators and that they enhance the effects of certain drugs...first off my drugs of choice are either hydrococone or oxycodone depending on what I have access to...I used to take 2 5mg of either and be just fine but lately I take 3 I do it very sparingly because I don't want to up my tolerance too quick...I am kind of paranoid though so I was wondering since I am now takeing 3 5's if I should start with just 2 if I am drinking the grapefruit juice first I have tried taking two and adding a 3 later and that didn't work for me at all the one time I tried it...I didn't feel ANYTHING...so since I don't want to increase my tolerance I was wondering if I might be ok with just 2 if I took the grapefruit juice first? Thanks!

No potentiator is going to make your normal dose feel so strong that you need to take less. Most potentiatora will only increase the effects very slightly. Effects may hit sooner or last a tad longer or be a tiny bit stronger.

But if you're used to 15 mg of oxy, then 15 mgs with a potentiator isn't going to be unsafe. In fact, many people don't notice much difference. Those that do...well, let's just say your 15 mg isn't going to hit you like 30 mg or something