• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

If i switch from Vicodin to oxycodone will it be more energetic? Tolerant to both.

ColoradoBoy90

Bluelighter
I have been on basically every opiod since 2012, daily. Started on oxycodone and used to get energy then it stopped and went to pure fatigue -- like I had hit a brick wall of burnout and was screwed.... That's when I started to try many methods to reduce tolerance, and also changed over to Vicodin (thinking maybe I would be less used to the oxyCODNE part if I came back in it).Well now it's been 2 years or so on Vicodin and I have managed to get my tolerance lowered via many methods. Not major reduction or anything, but way better than before.So here's my QUESTION:If I switched back to oxycodone, will it still *generally* be more energizing than Vicodin? Or will it not make any difference? Because I need energy. Since I've been on Vicodin I sleep like 10-14 hours a day.... I'm still tolerant to oxycodone as I took Oxy ER with the Vicodin (and for last 6 months Opana ER). But even with a tolerance if oxycodone might be more energetic than hydrocodone, then it's worth it to me VS sleeping all day.

Its hard to say as not everyone gets energy or a bit of stimulation from oxy but it seems you have experienced this. Personally, thats the one effect of oxy I never grew tolerant too. How much are we talking about as I find it takes a bit higher doses to get it but dont want to ruin your tolerance level completely.

I was on Hydrocodone for nearly 4 years. I was recently switched to Oxycodone at an equivalent dose. I noticed that for the first week I had extra energy. Now a month later, I only get energy off my first and maybe my second dose. After that I just feel fatigue. I also consume a ton of caffeine throughout the day to stay awake. I would say I have less energy at worse and the same energy at best on oxy vs hydro.

I still prefer the oxy due to fewer side effects and the lack of Tylenol, but I don't feel like it offers more energy. If Tylenol wasn't a factor, I'd probably choose Hydrocodone.