• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

If I go to ER for unrelated reason, could urine drug test cause problems for me?

copium7777

Bluelighter
I am having possibly life threatening, serious symptoms of an upper respiratory infection. I have, however, used oxycodone recently. I wonder how lilely it is to show in a tox screen amd whether it goes in my permanent medival record if they find it, thus making it hard to get prescriptions for legitimate chronic pain issues in future. Idk about hipaa and everything.

that would depend on what country you are in but i have never heard of a drug screen for an emergency admission, unless the symptoms presented are possibly attributable to a drug/poison. get to hospital. future prescriptions of opiates aren't relevant if you're dead.

if you have a habit you will have to come clean- i had a friend who had no registered habit but got given morphine in hospital when he started rattling.

that would depend on what country you are in but i have never heard of a drug screen for an emergency admission, unless the symptoms presented are possibly attributable to a drug/poison. get to hospital. future prescriptions of opiates aren't relevant if you're dead.

if you have a habit you will have to come clean- i had a friend who had no registered habit but got given morphine in hospital when he started rattling.
I dont have a habit. I chip and self medicate, but reasonable doses and dont have withdrawal ever. However i am dependent on a larger dose of benzos than prescribed, and would come clean about this if i started to go through withdrawal.

They did a full drug panel on me last time i went to ER for covid like symptoms, despite not saying anything about drugs. I pissed clean at that time. Thats when i realized i think in my country they do this for most people in ER

I would forget about the oxy, your life is more important. I don't think they drug test unless they have a reason to, like you od'ed or something. They don't care about trace amounts of a painkiller.
I know my life is more important, but i may have a surgery soon and dont want to be denied meds i need in the future bc i pissed dirty one time in the ER. I supposed i could refuse to let them share records

They drug tested me last time i was in the ER maybe bc my bp was so high for a young person they assumed it could be drugs.

Also last time i went to ER they did a drug panel for benzos among other things, i had taken both etizolam and clonazepam hours before, didn't show up

I would assume they would be likely to do a drug test is substances could explain you symptoms (which in this case doesn't seem likely).

But it all depends on where you live, what the policies are, what laws protect your medical records, etc.

In theory even if you use drugs that shouldn't stop them prescribing painkillers when it's clearly needed... Though I say theory because we all know in practice doctors don't always follow best practices.

I do hope you'll go to the hospital though if you feel your life is in danger. It's not worth risking your life over a problem that may not even happen.

I would forget about the oxy, your life is more important. I don't think they drug test unless they have a reason to, like you od'ed or something. They don't care about trace amounts of a painkiller.
this, who cares about a bunch of fking pills when ur life is at risk? Reconsider what you just wrote :S

I am having possibly life threatening, serious symptoms of an upper respiratory infection.

Seriously... go to the hospital.

In the absolute worst case going into hospital, you might not get opiates after your upcoming surgery, at which point you can probably source them yourself if you need to.

In the absolute worst case not going, you could die.

Seems pretty clear which of those is the more serious outcome.

I think your worries aren’t in the right place. But I’m not a doctor so. I will say there’s a fine line between overdose and “I don’t get withdrawal ever” id also look up what 60 gigahertz frequency can do to breathing especially going to an ER laden with it. But that’s just me. Do as you please
Emfs? I mean is it really worse in ers?

100% absolutely go to the hospital if you are having breathing difficulties. Fuck the drug tests, it’s not even certain they would do them. Your health is more important than the risk of them knowing you self medicate. You will absolutely be given pain medication after a surgery even if you were a drug addict, to not give you appropriate pain medication would be unethical.

Do not risk your health especially in this climate. The longer you leave it the worse you could get which means the less likely they are of being able to help you. Please go and see a medical professional ASAP.

Its a major neurosurgery , absolutely need opiates.

You also kinda need to be able to breathe.

The odds of being denied painkillers after brain surgery because a small amount of oxy showed up in a test are very small imo, and you don't even know the tests will be done.

If you are really worried drink a lot of water to help get the drug out your body quicker, oxy has a short half-life anyway, but please if you are having life threatening respiratory problems go to the hospital.

Consider a small white lie of saying you just had a dental procedure? Or validate some other excuse to piss dirty for Oxy.

I would get medical attention asap.

Seriously... go to the hospital.

In the absolute worst case going into hospital, you might not get opiates after your upcoming surgery, at which point you can probably source them yourself if you need to.

In the absolute worst case not going, you could die.

Seems pretty clear which of those is the more serious outcome.
like srsly man, some shitty pills over your life? idk what's worth more....ossssssssss

like srsly man, some shitty pills over your life? idk what's worth more....ossssssssss
Its abour whether i have awful quality if life in the future. My quality of life is worae than death many days. But i have a chance of improving it with neurosurgery. If i cant get decent pain relief post surgery and get treated like a drug seeker in future my life will suck.

Consider a small white lie of saying you just had a dental procedure? Or validate some other excuse to piss dirty for Oxy.

I would get medical attention asap.
Thats a good thought thanks. At the er of all places i doubt they will grill me about medical history

Thats a good thought thanks. At the er of all places i doubt they will grill me about medical history
Lying to the doctor will enable as many red flags as testing positive. Now a days, all doctors are required to submit a form along with the person that received the prescription.

Lying to the doctor will enable as many red flags as testing positive. Now a days, all doctors are required to submit a form along with the person that received the prescription.
To put it fairly I was about to have surgery, when they tested me I tested positive for cocaine. I have had no problems. Go to the doctor, get yourself fixed up. And stop worrying. You will be fine. Don’t lie. Don’t volunteer information either.