• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids If dependent in opi and benzo and stop benzo is there withdrawal?

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
If you r on both an opioid and benzo and stop the benzo but keep taking the opioid what is the withdrawal like?

I am not sure if I was benzo dependent I take 10 or 20 mg diazepam around 2 to 3 times a week. 7 days clean off methadone now and want to take benzo to help with opioid withdrawal but not sure if im.also benzo withdrawing and domt want to add to my benzo dependency using them to cope with methadone withdrawal

you would know if you are dependent on benzos my friend

I think you're fine taking it, but you also sound pretty high right now

you would know if you are dependent on benzos my friend

I think you're fine taking it, but you also sound pretty high right now
I'm the total opposite of high. Deep into methadone withdrawal. Stoned I guess but feel awful.

I've never been dependent on benzos so I have no idea what withdrawal from them feels like that's why I'm confused.

I've never been dependent on benzos so I have no idea what withdrawal from them feels like that's why I'm confused.
it's hell, I fear it more than full blown opioid withdrawal

it has a similar profile of nasty effects but if you can go 24-48+ hours with no benzo and feel relatively normal you aren't majorly dependent

you should likely experience some rebound which is basically just feeling higher than average anxiety, some insomnia, feeling on edge, but that's not benzo withdrawal

rebound may seem like withdrawal but they are different, Taking valium 2-3 times per week in therapeutic doses is not going to produce major withdrawal, but could produce notable rebound

for me, major benzo withdrawal feels like a 24/7 panic attack combined with hallucinations, complete insomnia, feeling hot and cold/sweating, tremors, CNS jolts up the spine feeling like lightning, it's very scary IMO

I've delt with opioid + alcohol withdrawal simultaneously, but never opioid + benzo, sounds like hell man :(

I think its reasonable to increase your benzo dosage temporarily to help get off methadone ( which I assume is your goal here ) and then deal with diazepam later. Don't overwhelm yourself.

it's hell, I fear it more than full blown opioid withdrawal

it has a similar profile of nasty effects but if you can go 24-48+ hours with no benzo and feel relatively normal you aren't majorly dependent

you should likely experience some rebound which is basically just feeling higher than average anxiety, some insomnia, feeling on edge, but that's not benzo withdrawal

rebound may seem like withdrawal but they are different, Taking valium 2-3 times per week in therapeutic doses is not going to produce major withdrawal, but could produce notable rebound

for me, major benzo withdrawal feels like a 24/7 panic attack combined with hallucinations, complete insomnia, feeling hot and cold/sweating, tremors, CNS jolts up the spine feeling like lightning, it's very scary IMO

I've delt with opioid + alcohol withdrawal simultaneously, but never opioid + benzo, sounds like hell man :(
Yea I could easily go 48 to 96 hrs with no valium while on methadone and feel fine....so I must not have a benzo dependency.

Yea I could easily go 48 to 96 hrs with no valium while on methadone and feel fine....so I must not have a benzo dependency
yes

even though it has such a long half life you would still need more at least within 24 hours or you would start to feel off very quickly

don't worry too much

I know exactly how you're thinking :( I would too

Diazepam withdrawal takes a 3-4 days to full materialize at low doses.

At high doses of diazepam however you are sick within 48 hours of stopping.

Yes of course.normal.apbruptly quitt benzo dependence leads to a withdrawls more or less severe.coming in waves.it needs carefully tappering

Diazepam withdrawal takes a 3-4 days to full materialize at low doses.

At high doses of diazepam however you are sick within 48 hours of stopping.
About 2 or 3 months ago I stopped diazepam for 2 weeks and continued methadone.

I felt a little off but nothing at all what I would call a withdrawal or even a minor withdrawal.

Hope that means I'm good (not dependent).

Anyways I'm 8 days into methadone withdrawal now and I'm getting better.

At 6 days I dosed diazepam and it didn't take away the anxious/restless leg feeling much at all just made me drowsy.

However day 7 I took 10 mg diazepam and felt a little better overall.

Today at day 8 I feel better than yesterday and have had no diazepam butikely have trace amounts from day 6 and 7 in me still.

I think I can survive without more diazepam unless I actually withdrawal from the diazepam in a day or two more without any.

If you r on both an opioid and benzo and stop the benzo but keep taking the opioid what is the withdrawal like?

I am not sure if I was benzo dependent I take 10 or 20 mg diazepam around 2 to 3 times a week. 7 days clean off methadone now and want to take benzo to help with opioid withdrawal but not sure if im.also benzo withdrawing and domt want to add to my benzo dependency using them to cope with methadone withdrawal
the amount of benzo you've been taking is pretty much nothing especially if you've only been taking that little amount for a few years so in my opinion and I have a pretty very lengthy history of benzo and opiate use so yeah in my opinion you're not going to really feel very much withdrawal but if you were doing benzos like everyday in a higher dose I know for a fact that when you are benzo dependent doing in any amount as much as you possibly can of opioids does not help with benzo withdrawal because they affect different receptors in your brain so basically you should be okay I'm just that little amount a couple times a week but it does probably depend on the length of years you've been using but if it's under like 3 years 4 years I suspect you should be pretty much okay cuz it's such a small amount