PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Identification of Possible LSD analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxblood

Greenlighter
Recently a friend of mine purchased a sheet of what was supposedly LSD, and which we recently, in collaboration with two other friends, took the opportunity to sample. Following sublingual administration of 1 tab each, we each experienced strong effects, including for me intense visual hallucinations, euphoria, and a strong tendency toward mental disassociation. Onset was noticeable after approximately 15 minutes, though no one had the presence of mind to identify a reasonable start for the peak. None of us had tried LSD before, though each of us had sampled other psychedelics - but on whole the experience aligned quite well with our expectations.
I have, however, some concerns regarding the identity of this substance. The first is that all easily noticeable effects, with the exception of a general low-tone sense of goodwill, were essentially dissipated by the end of around 4 hours after administration for each of us (this was very disappointing, we were looking for something rather more like 12 hours, as we had come to expect). In addition, the flavor was much stronger than reports of LSD suggest should be the case, indeed for one of us even maintaining the paper beneath the tongue was a trying experience (the taste however seemed somewhat metallic to me, which is in line with expectations for LSD). My research suggests that a somewhat shorter trip in conjunction with a stronger flavor could be suggestive of NBOMe rather than LSD, however even NBOMe appears to give trips of at least 6 hours. What other plausible analogs could this be? We still have the better part of the sheet left, and I would very much like to be able to make intelligent, reasoned decisions regarding how the remainder should be handled. Is it possible that it is indeed LSD, and has somehow degraded after several months in the freezer, despite still yielding very strong trips?

--Edit--
Having just re-read the rules, I noticed that this sort of identification post is frowned upon. As such, I will not be too upset if it is deleted, however I would greatly value some (even wild) speculation, and I will by no means expect anyone to be able to give any more than the haziest of suggestions.

Last edited:
While "what did I take?" posts aren't allowed, I think it's important to answer this in the interest of harm reduction so that you don't end up eating these like candy and ending up in the hospital. I would bet large sums of money that you consumed an NBOMe or NBOH compound. LSD should be tasteless. Some people claim to be able to detect a slight taste, but the vast majority of people agree that LSD and all its ergoloid relatives are tasteless. NBOx compounds reportedly have a taste very much like what you describe.

I would be very careful. NBOx compounds seem to have a very steep dose/response curve. Like "1 was fun, 3 almost killed me" type of steep. Even a relatively low dose of 2mg (two blotters) of 25b-NBOMe was recently reported to have killed someone.

Very sorry to hear that you got ripped off, real LSD is amazing.

Thank you for the response. While I had no intent to increase dosage without any positive indication that it could be done without reasonable risk, I can certainly see that the concern is merited - one person present, who oftentimes experiences a very low tolerance for many substances elected to, at first, use 2/3 of a tab only; feeling no effects even as others had clearly reached peak, she consumed the remainder and found an experience as strong each other person, suggesting both a very steep response curve for the substance and a threshold dose between 2/3 and 1 tab.
Is it reasonable to expect such a short trip with an NBOMe? I am less concerned that the substance isn't LSD at this point than that it is something absolutely bizarre, or dangerous.

mmmm. kinda doubt 25x. You have a reagent kit?
Next time you get into the sheet, try swallowing the tab straight off. nbomes don't work that way. I can think of a few things that last fourish hours but not many that would go onto blotter. There is a thing sometimes after peak where you feel more sober than sober on the ride back down.
'

mmmm. kinda doubt 25x. You have a reagent kit?
Next time you get into the sheet, try swallowing the tab straight off. nbomes don't work that way. I can think of a few things that last fourish hours but not many that would go onto blotter. There is a thing sometimes after peak where you feel more sober than sober on the ride back down.
'
he held it beneath his tongue, and had a strong metallic taste.. very likely 25x when combined with the durration

I don't have any kit, but I could likely acquire the reagents required to perform a test, if necessary. Primarily, I would need to know everything I ought to test for so that I can design my experiments appropriately to discriminate between them.

it's all speculation, could very well be. This is why this kinda thread isn't allowed.

I don't have any kit, but I could likely acquire the reagents required to perform a test, if necessary. Primarily, I would need to know everything I ought to test for so that I can design my experiments appropriately to discriminate between them.

It's necessary if you're stuck with a sheet of this stuff! Ehrlich tests for LSD & it's relatives are very simple to perform & well worth doing. Simply cut a small piece of blotter off, pop in into the Ehrlich with the little ball that comes with it & observe the instant reaction. Later reactions do not count, only the immediate one. If you use a fair sized piece of blotter, the reaction will be obvious, the reaction will turn the reagent pink or purple, but if you use only a small amount of blotter the reaction will be very sublte & may have to be compared to a control, like this when I tested Al-Lad against a tab I suspected might be an NBOMe.

0U49wlHm.png

Left hand reaction - Al-Lad, right hand reaction - suspicious non-ergoloid

TqdCvSx.png

You can see how little I used to get a reaction.

We can't offer certainty, and the 'indications' already been pointed out and suspected by you yourself:
- taste: strong taste suggests something other than LSD / lysergics.
- duration: 4 hours is too short for LSD and even for something like AL-LAD or LSZ. NBOMe compounds should act a little longer than that but (some) can still act short by comparison. The argument that it is a little too short is a bad one since the other options all last considerably longer! DOX, 5-MeO-AMT act quite long.
Also lack of experience may have lead to you mostly being aware of the peak effects and not as much of the more subtle trailing comedown effects
There are of course also other N-benzyl PEA derivatives besides the NBOMe's like the NBOH, NBMD and NBF series. Maybe they fit the profile even better. I guess there are not many usually found chems left as options.

But that is really where this speculation must end. You should not inappropriately / prematurely draw conclusions and instead use reagents to exclude and determine what it can or cannot be.

Use this thread as a reference on the topic of (unknown) research chemicals on blotter:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/498199-The-Big-amp-Dandy-Research-Chemicals-on-Blotters-Thread

but do not use that thread to break the rules set for the entire PD / BL forum.

PM a mod if there are any more questions that have not yet been dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.