Identification of Law Enforcement agents... question.

noahd1

Bluelighter
In the event that I missed the thread, please direct me to it.

Are the movies right? If you ask a person if they're affiliated with law enforcement, do they have to answer "yes" if they are? Are there any gray areas here? This is in the United States, by the way.

Like I said, I skimmed previous threads for an answer to this, but I didn't see one. I'm new to Bluelight and posting on forums, in general, so I may've missed it. If that's the case, please direct me to the proper thread and I'll take my queries there.

Thanks, all.

I've found some information on this in the Erowid vaults, but, still... it anyone has a more "cut & dry" answer to this question for me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again.

No, they don't have to answer. Entrapment constitutes a law enforcement officer convincing someone to commit a crime they wouldn't otherwise be likely to commit. If you ask an undercover if they are a police officer, they sure as hell are going to say no, otherwise what's the point in being undercover?

There may be some places where they are required to acknowledge that they are a police officer, but in general, no, they're going to lie out their ass then put you in jail.

~CTdopeLove

they absolutely do not have to tell you they are a law enforcement officer if you ask them. this would make the very existence of undercover work impossible

the answer is NO, undercovers are not obligated to ID themselves

Law enforcement does not have to tell you shit. I have heard stories were undercover agents have smoked pot to get drug dealer to think they are on the level and then busted them. That whole myth about cops having to tell you they are cops if you ask is bullshit