• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ideas for a fulfilling mushroom experience?

Sweetbeefaerie

Greenlighter
I am about to embark on my very first experience tripping by myself. My boyfriend will be at work all day, and I'll be home going on my journey. He's coming home for lunch and to check in on me and make sure everything's cool, so that is good. The thought of him coming home to check on me is both reassuring and frightening haha, because I may be so used to the aloneness that I won't want to be interrupted but I'm hoping for it to be exciting and pleasant instead of weird.

I've never tripped alone from beginning to end. I've had trips where I've been left alone for short amounts of time and I remember being so content and blissful in my aloneness that I truly did not want to rejoin the people I was with (but always ended up enjoying the people once they were around again). One of my alone experiences was at the peak of an acid trip--I found my first childhood diary and set about reading it front to back and it was the most enlightening, incredible thing ever. It was crazy to read things I said as a child that seemed to be almost eerily prophetic about my future. Anyways, the point of me writing this is to gather awesome ideas for preparing for the experience.

I would like to have certain playlists of music ready and easily accessible, I have already had a list of intentions and things I'd like to learn such as appreciating and realizing my beauty in and out, releasing my anxieties and fears about life, releasing my "social anxiety", etc. I have the list rolled up and soaking up with some crystals and things in my altar along with the mushrooms I'll be taking. I'd maybe like to get my old diaries out again in case I want to read them...and I'd like to have art supplies, writing supplies, etc. out and ready to be played with. I even have some dvds of me as a child with my family on vacations and at home playing with my baby brother...kind of would like to try and watch those if I'm up for it.

I realize that it's completely likely I won't even touch any of that stuff and I'll just lay there staring at my ceiling hahaha but I think having those things available for play is a cool idea. Does anyone have any advice for me, or more ideas than I thought of, or even pre-trip things I could do? Like a prayer...a shower..I don't know. I'm a very spiritual person and I really appreciate good preparation ideas for a spiritual journey.

If you've got any ideas, lemme know <3 thanks

Never done boomers but good set and setting, no worries, some herb for any nausea, good company and a clear complacent mindset.

Good tunes as well.

I've tripped alone on the tail end of a couple acid trips and just spent the time not deciding what I want to do cuz of the thought loops so I just got comfy and stared into oblivion.

IME tripping alone, like I had a trip with a friend I just remembered where we spent a lot of the trip by ourselves. Some good music and mind adventures were truly appreciated. I did that while he got a micro-scopic camera lens and zoomed in on a nug of hydro with some wax on it just admiring the thc crystals for an entire hour in the same exact position.

I was blasting mac miller's recent mixtape "faces" and sitting down laughing hysterically, sippin' a brew, smoking a square and drooling on myself while some young kids sat on a boat in the darkness looking at me from a house near-by.. Probably scarred them.

Eventually the sober sitters had to put an end to the music I was playing cuz it was literal drug music and they said "zack you can't be playing that kinda shit wdf"

If you ever heard Faces by Mac miller you'd know what I mean. The trippiest mixtape for tripping IMO.

Good luck, Good vibes and have a safe flight!

PS. Just make sure everything is in order before you eat the zoomies cuz from personal experience thought loops truly hold you back in that regard. Like have your art, music and etc.. prepared.

hahaha that's awesome. And yeah, I'm the type of person who really likes to be prepared for things so I'm putting a lot of effort into that. My ex boyfriend who I've done most of my tripping with was the type of person who reveled in the spontaneity of not being prepared, and thus letting whatever happens happen. I can see how that mindset can also be a good one in some cases, but it was just not compatible with the way I am. I would always end up having sort of chaotic/hectic times throughout my trips with him because of his "thrown to the wind" type personality. It did teach me a whole lot about going with the flow however, which has really helped me in many areas of my life. So that's good. Just really excited to now be fully in control of how I'd like to do things :):)

That same time I was talking bout laughing and drooling I had taken 2 tabs and I was talking to myself a couple times out loud. I'd be having a conversation in my head that for some reason I had thought that the 2 fellas sitting by me were participating in. So I'd eventually reply out loud and then turn to them. They'd watch me n be like.... "You ok zack?"

Rofl. Good times. Im so jealous tho. I been dying to do shrooms :(. My "acid" link hasn't answered his phone for real long and I've been just having to deal with DXM and DPH:(.

But yeah I love the chaotic times. It's like you understand the world more than anyone else. I had some fucked up times too but those are long stories.

Again tho, good luck and have fun!!

Soon it'll be the rainy season here in Trinidad so the cow poop is gonna be bearing magical goodness :D

I like Portabella and Porccini mushrooms sauted in a skillet, then add them to an omelet with peppers and onions.
mmmm.... good breakfast

The weird thing is planning my trips NEVER works. Macroscopic planning works; making sure I have a safe place to be at, food and water and weed and anything else I'll need. But if you're trying to plan for the "ideal" trip, there really is no way. The ideal trips come from the trip itself. What you want to do with your time will change radically when you're tripping. Go with the flow, do what feels right and seems fun. If it's a nice day out, go for a walk or go hang outside, if you want to chill out, grab a blanket and some music. Pick whatever song comes to mind. Playlists are a good idea but I usually never follow them ;)

Oh. And mushrooms do create social anxiety so it's a good idea to do them alone or with only one other person. Larger groups of people tend to make me feel pretty uncomfortable on mushrooms. On LSD however, I can be in massive groups of people and still feel fine.

Oh, meditation on shrooms ++++++++++++++++++++ :)

The majority of my trips have been alone as the solitude allows for a lot of introspection. Myself its always been in the woods or Everglades but I don't recommend that for a girl with the crazies of this world as well as wild animals depending where you go. Hope your trip is pleasant and enjoy BL.

I also find planning trips to be pretty pointless, as hitting that state of mind seems to totally change things. It sounds like you have things pretty much good to go with your art and writing supplies, etc. The only things I can think of would be some hearty food for the end of the trip when you feel you need a good hearty meal, some fruits and other tasty delicacies for during perhaps, maybe some OJ or other tasty juice. Make sure you have your audio setup ready to go in terms of wiring, settings, etc.

When it comes to preparing mentally, I would definitely shower before as tripping can make you very conscious of greasy skin, hair, etc. I too am very spiritual, and I would say that your best bet is going to be simply meditation beforehand. If you have actual goals or intentions for the trip, set those while meditating. Rituals of any kind will help bring that aspect out in the trip. I wouldn't consider meditating before taking the shrooms super necessary, but definitely won't hurt. If you're going for spiritual just make sure that when you eat the shrooms you really acknowledge them, what has gone on for them to end up with you, the power they hold, etc. Meditating from the point you eat them to coming up, well really as long as it feels like the right thing to do, is going to be the number one factor in spirituality though in my experience.

One thing I ALWAYS make sure I do while tripping is take a hot shower at some point... it feels amazing.

The weird thing is planning my trips NEVER works. Macroscopic planning works; making sure I have a safe place to be at, food and water and weed and anything else I'll need. But if you're trying to plan for the "ideal" trip, there really is no way. The ideal trips come from the trip itself. What you want to do with your time will change radically when you're tripping. Go with the flow, do what feels right and seems fun. If it's a nice day out, go for a walk or go hang outside, if you want to chill out, grab a blanket and some music. Pick whatever song comes to mind. Playlists are a good idea but I usually never follow them ;)

Oh. And mushrooms do create social anxiety so it's a good idea to do them alone or with only one other person. Larger groups of people tend to make me feel pretty uncomfortable on mushrooms. On LSD however, I can be in massive groups of people and still feel fine.

Oh, meditation on shrooms ++++++++++++++++++++ :)

LOL yeah I figure I can't actually plan the trip-those little fuckers have a mind all their own! But I'd like to provide myself with plenty of cool options of "toys" hehe. And social anxiety and mushrooms man---soooo true. I get it bad with just pot, so imagine how much more intense I have it with schrooms! Also I am really looking forward to meditating on them too. I've never truly attempted it, and I've been really trying to integrate meditation into my daily life lately, so I'm thinking these will help kickstart that a bit and maybe make me stop over thinking it too.

The majority of my trips have been alone as the solitude allows for a lot of introspection. Myself its always been in the woods or Everglades but I don't recommend that for a girl with the crazies of this world as well as wild animals depending where you go. Hope your trip is pleasant and enjoy BL.

Yes, I would go into the woods but I have these fears as well. And for good reason too--my neck of the woods isn't exactly good for exploration, especially while out of your mind. There are hunters, wild animals and plenty of other things I'd like to avoid. Thankfully I do have a nice fenced in back yard with a porch to sit at and enjoy the fresh air. The only thing I worry about at the moment is the cold...but I can bundle up like that kid in a Christmas story--that should do the trick lol

I also find planning trips to be pretty pointless, as hitting that state of mind seems to totally change things. It sounds like you have things pretty much good to go with your art and writing supplies, etc. The only things I can think of would be some hearty food for the end of the trip when you feel you need a good hearty meal, some fruits and other tasty delicacies for during perhaps, maybe some OJ or other tasty juice. Make sure you have your audio setup ready to go in terms of wiring, settings, etc.

When it comes to preparing mentally, I would definitely shower before as tripping can make you very conscious of greasy skin, hair, etc. I too am very spiritual, and I would say that your best bet is going to be simply meditation beforehand. If you have actual goals or intentions for the trip, set those while meditating. Rituals of any kind will help bring that aspect out in the trip. I wouldn't consider meditating before taking the shrooms super necessary, but definitely won't hurt. If you're going for spiritual just make sure that when you eat the shrooms you really acknowledge them, what has gone on for them to end up with you, the power they hold, etc. Meditating from the point you eat them to coming up, well really as long as it feels like the right thing to do, is going to be the number one factor in spirituality though in my experience.

I love this advice, thank you! I was thinking about taking a cleansing bath instead of showering before hand, with himilayan pink salt and baking soda..and maybe some essential oils too. Maybe I'll do a bath meditation, hehe :) those are always soo nice. I'm a little worried though that my water still won't work tomorrow when I'm planning on tripping... as of right now, my well water is not coming thru because the pipes are frozen. damn snow. well...snow is awesome. but still wtf.

LOL yeah I figure I can't actually plan the trip-those little fuckers have a mind all their own! But I'd like to provide myself with plenty of cool options of "toys" hehe. And social anxiety and mushrooms man---soooo true. I get it bad with just pot, so imagine how much more intense I have it with schrooms! Also I am really looking forward to meditating on them too. I've never truly attempted it, and I've been really trying to integrate meditation into my daily life lately, so I'm thinking these will help kickstart that a bit and maybe make me stop over thinking it too.

And don't even worry about the fact you might be overthinking it ;) It's good that you are excited for the trip; definitely having "toys" is nice. I remember after a show I Was tripping face in this hotel room and these guys pulled out some trip glasses and a book of art and it was really nice to have. Kept me entertained for a while.

Yea shit can happen in the woods. My bro's have a hunting camp in the glades tho I don't hunt haven't since 1997 app. but I always went by myself and left my supplies in the shack. Took a compass with me and found a nice piece of high ground with a pound next to it and decided to camp and eat about ten fresh shrooms. As sunset occurred I decided to throw some chicken livers in the pond and catch a catfish, the pond was part of a main waterway and had got cut off by drought and I saw a lot of action in the water. Well about then a 6-8 foot gator wandered over to the other side of the pond and set himself app. 50 feet away. I had a big knife and a fire going so it wasn't really a concern as I've been around much bigger. I was in a good spot because I caught a bunch of speckeled cats and there my favorite. The gator got excited when he saw the catches and the chicken liver was also a lore. I had eaten half the shrooms and the gator relatively small was an interesting experiment. I took a small fish and added two big shrooms, walked around the pond and threw it to him. He didn't budge at first but after app. an hour he grabbed the fish he walked away. Don't know if he got a buzz but I was feeling fine. One day I'll write about what looked to be 12+ feet. This guy was hungry and I wasn't high.

Yea shit can happen in the woods. My bro's have a hunting camp in the glades tho I don't hunt haven't since 1997 app. but I always went by myself and left my supplies in the shack. Took a compass with me and found a nice piece of high ground with a pound next to it and decided to camp and eat about ten fresh shrooms. As sunset occurred I decided to throw some chicken livers in the pond and catch a catfish, the pond was part of a main waterway and had got cut off by drought and I saw a lot of action in the water. Well about then a 6-8 foot gator wandered over to the other side of the pond and set himself app. 50 feet away. I had a big knife and a fire going so it wasn't really a concern as I've been around much bigger. I was in a good spot because I caught a bunch of speckeled cats and there my favorite. The gator got excited when he saw the catches and the chicken liver was also a lore. I had eaten half the shrooms and the gator relatively small was an interesting experiment. I took a small fish and added two big shrooms, walked around the pond and threw it to him. He didn't budge at first but after app. an hour he grabbed the fish he walked away. Don't know if he got a buzz but I was feeling fine. One day I'll write about what looked to be 12+ feet. This guy was hungry and I wasn't high.

Wow that's one hell of a story to have under your belt haha awesome

I love this advice, thank you! I was thinking about taking a cleansing bath instead of showering before hand, with himilayan pink salt and baking soda..and maybe some essential oils too. Maybe I'll do a bath meditation, hehe :) those are always soo nice. I'm a little worried though that my water still won't work tomorrow when I'm planning on tripping... as of right now, my well water is not coming thru because the pipes are frozen. damn snow. well...snow is awesome. but still wtf.
To be honest I would recommend showering DURING the experience, because the shrooms might make you feel a bit clammy and sweaty anyway (especially on the come up).
I strongly recommend showering some time during the plateau, before the effects start to wear off. Showering while tripping is truly a serene and liberating experience... the synesthesia is just awesome. For me this is a ritual.