Open Discussion i'd like to have my email client display info about my BL notifications. Ideally the whole message content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go into your account and scroll down to "preferences." Uncheck the option you don't want notifications from anymore.

0AWouPF.jpg
thanx Illlyria, i dont know if this would work.

I guess the only way to know is, are there BLers that have their email inbox doing this already ?
That'd help me..

thanx arrall.

i suspect its an email client setting..
I have 'Receive email when a new conversation message is received' checked and every time I receive a PM, the email contains the full content of said message.

I already have notifications for Threads turned off. I'm talking about when I pull down forums and click threads with your posts there's certain threads that keep comint up that I'm not interested in, I wish there was a way to make them invisible
Just a guess. But with a certain amount of logic applied. If you go and delete your posts in the threads that you no longer wish to see appearing that should solve the problem.

Just a guess. But with a certain amount of logic applied. If you go and delete your posts in the threads that you no longer wish to see appearing that should solve the problem.
The 'Unwatch' button would preclude the need to do this.

A word to the wise or the security conscious on this:

As with anything there's benefits and drawbacks with these email notifications:

Bear in mind that you're taking private conversations off site and effectively duplicating their content off site. So unless you're 100% sure and confident that your email account etc. is secure and inaccessible to anybody else: you will end up with a permanent record of the content of your conversations here and with little to no effort an entire conversation can be stitched together. And of course and content dependent: there's nothing stopping anyone from forwarding your (possibly compromising) emails (copies of your PMs) to wherever. And nobody can cry foul i.e. because they're generated and sent directly from here there's a trail. In other words: there can be no loophole in the sense that the content has been modified or simply copied and pasted and then tampered with or modified to suit. And because it's your email account: you cannot deny that the content has nothing to do with you or claim that the PMs and posts here are not you i.e. easy for somebody to deny that the username/account isn't theirs of isn't them.

On the other hand it can come in quite handy i.e. nobody can send you a PM, and then turn around at some future point, and say that "I never said that" because you now have a permanent record of what they did indeed send to you previously EVEN IF they do and edit their earlier PM and overwrite with garbage characters. Also handy if somebody posts on a thread and then decides to edit or delete their post.

I guess it all depends on what you're discussing privately.. Just some thoughts on the topic and a heads up on something that I only thought about and realized some long time ago and for good reason at the time.

And I know far too many people who store and/or cache their email login details so that they don't have to constantly log in when they wish to check their emails. So right there and unless you're anal about logging out of your email accounts and/or clearing temporary files, history, and cache files then there's your email security and any security that you've set up here and may have in place here shot to shit. And this particularly true of mobile devices.

Last edited:
thanx Illlyria, i dont know if this would work.

I guess the only way to know is, are there BLers that have their email inbox doing this already ?
That'd help me..
It does work perfectly (see the possible drawbacks as I noted in my previous post though). I used to have all of those options selected but eventually it just got a bit much with all of the email notifications. But yeah: all of those options work as advertised and pretty well too.

A word to the wise or the security conscious on this:

As with anything there's benefits and drawbacks with these email notifications:

Bear in mind that you're taking private conversations off site and effectively duplicating their content off site. So unless you're 100% sure and confident that your email account etc. is secure and inaccessible to anybody else: you will end up with a permanent record of the content of your conversations here and with little to no effort an entire conversation can be stitched together. And of course and content dependent: there's nothing stopping anyone from forwarding your (possibly compromising) emails (copies of your PMs) to wherever. And nobody can cry foul i.e. because they're generated and sent directly from here there's a trail. In other words: there can be no loophole in the sense that the content has been modified or simply copied and pasted and then tampered with or modified to suit.

On the other hand it can come in quite handy i.e. nobody can send you a PM, and then turn around at some future point, and say that "I never said that" because you now have a permanent record of what they did indeed send to you previously EVEN IF they do and edit their earlier PM and overwrite with garbage characters. Also handy if somebody posts on a thread and then decides to edit or delete their post.

I guess it all depends on what you're discussing privately.. Just some thoughts on the topic and a heads up on something that I only thought about and realized some long time ago and for good reason at the time.

And I know far too many people who store and/or cache their email login details so that they don't have to constantly log in when they wish to check their emails. So right there and unless you're anal about logging out of your email accounts and/or clearing temporary files, history, and cache files then there's your email security and any security that you've set up here and may have in place here shot to shit. And this particularly true of mobile devices.
My friend. :bear: I sincerely appreciate that dalpat077

Thanks to everyone that chimed in.

I changed a few things in my BL preferences & like a jim lahey i can't remember the what of it.

Happy to say my email client is now displaying PMs. :)

Gracias. consider it fixed. for me anyway /.\

My friend. :bear: I sincerely appreciate that dalpat077
My pleasure. Just looking out for ya.

And to put this all in practical terms:

Imagine you have email push notifications enabled on your phone or other mobile device. Then imagine you're subscribed to one of acklac's Meth threads or to one of the COVID conspiracy threads. Fucking hell you'd never get any sleep because your mobile devices would be alerting of incoming every two minutes! :ROFLMAO:

Also not advisable options to enable if you're one of those people who are "addicted" to the forums. Because it takes a new level of self-control to not immediately jump up and check your mobile device to see what's just come up on the forums. And it it's something that's close to your heart or that riles you: no way you'd be able to not login immediately and respond.

I changed a few things in my BL preferences & like a jim lahey i can't remember the what of it.

Well if nothing else: you should now have my last two posts in email format somewhere. And even if I delete my last two posts: you'll still have email copies of them in your inbox.

So basically we now all know that we can spam you with bullshit PMs and drive you nuts with the email notifications! :ROFLMAO: What timezone are you on? Asking for a friend who may decide to stay up very late tonight and send you PMs:ROFLMAO:

So basically we now all know that we can spam you with bullshit PMs and drive you nuts with the email notifications! :ROFLMAO: What timezone are you on? Asking for a friend who may decide to stay up very late tonight and send you PMs:ROFLMAO:
koolio ;) UTC/GMT +8 hours

My pleasure. Just looking out for ya.

And to put this all in practical terms:

Imagine you have email push notifications enabled on your phone or other mobile device. Then imagine you're subscribed to one of acklac's Meth threads or to one of the COVID conspiracy threads. Fucking hell you'd never get any sleep because your mobile devices would be alerting of incoming every two minutes! :ROFLMAO:

Also not advisable options to enable if you're one of those people who are "addicted" to the forums. Because it takes a new level of self-control to not immediately jump up and check your mobile device to see what's just come up on the forums. And it it's something that's close to your heart or that riles you: no way you'd be able to not login immediately and respond.
Yo !
once again

And your time zone?

Hmmm, I'm not sure about such an option but maybe @TheLoveBandit might have a better answer.

Could be.

Are you talking about never seeing a thread again at all, or simply no longer getting notifications for a particular thread you've commended on? If the second, you can select unwatch at the top of the thread.
But for one problem with all of this watching and unwtching of threads: if somebody”Likes” a post of yours on a thread then you receive a notification thereof and which pulls you right back into something you’re trying to avoid.

koolio ;) UTC/GMT +8 hours
Kewel. That means I can fuck with your sanity and not have to go to bed too late in order to do so! Or I could just wake up real early in the mornings but I try not to be a total cunt around here! :ROFLMAO: Just make sure your email push notifications are set LOUD or maybe set to play a favorite song of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.