• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ice: How To Get The Most Out Of Smoking?

Jimmy_Pop

Bluelighter
So I smoke ice and I'm always thinking about y'know, getting the most out of it, wasting as little as possible, etc.

I was wondering if any veteran smokers here could chime in on a few questions I have about smoking (in a 'bolo' or 'oil burner' pipe). I know this is basically just me begging for you to take time to answer questions, but if you can answer even just one of them it's a big help.

1. "burning off the impurities" - is this an actual thing or BS?

I understand that different things have different melting points but can you really know what's the right heat and time to burn off impurities rather than waste dope?

2. How can you tell if dope is burned?

Everyone says that burning your dope is the big concern with smoking. I'm not really sure if I have ever done this. I definitely have taken hits that had a somewhat bad/different flavor (usually I find ice near-flavorless), but I've never had a batch off dope that gave off any hint of actual smoke or smelled like smoke. Also I've heard that the taste of burnt dope is unbearably bad, whereas the worst I've experienced is just a little sourness.

3. Keep the flame under the pipe WHILE you're hitting it, or no?

OK this one is big, because I've heard sources say that you absolutely should do this, and others that say you shouldn't. I think this is basically a matter of how concerned you are about burning dope? It seems keeping the flame there while you hit will give you a bigger cloud, but could burn it if you're not careful.

4. How long to keep flame on the bowl overall?

Do you just wait until it's all melted down or can you fill up the pipe more by going longer?

5. Once you start getting high, how long should you wait until your next hit?

OK, I had a hard time wording that one. Basically what I'm saying is like assuming you've been taking some hits and are definitely feeling it, how long should you wait for full effect, so you can be sure of what level you're at before you decide if you want to hit it more? Like I know you feel it pretty fast, but I find there's at least a couple minutes for it to climb to full effect.

1. "burning off the impurities" - is this an actual thing or BS?

Mostly BS. There was a time when meth was commonly cut with msm, some still is, but it's mostly a US phenomenon. The msm has a significantly lower melt point and will smoke off quite distinctively from the meth in a darker smoke before the meth itself begins to vape. However you could easily get it too hot and waste both.

2. How can you tell if dope is burned?

To vapourise meth, you really don't need a very high temp - almost everyone I've ever met overheats it. Any flame that's held too close to the glass (and certainly any blue flame) is going to 'burn' some of your product. However, by 'burn' what generally happens is it reacts and forms other compounds, some of which are also psychoactive, some not (I have a paper listing all of them if you want to read it). These different compounds affect the subjective feeling of smoking - some probably like half-burning their product (it results in relatively more l-meth & thus adrenergic effect, for example)

3. Keep the flame under the pipe WHILE you're hitting it, or no?

It depends how long you're able to inhale for. I can keep going for quite some time, and so the glass doesn't retain enough heat to sustain sufficient vaping. However most have poor inhalation control, can only inhale for a few seconds, and can thus manage with less heat. The more important point is simply to make sure you have just enough heat to melt and vape the meth. If your nice little meth puddle smokes up in just a second or two, you're using too much heat.

4. How long to keep flame on the bowl overall?

Do you just wait until it's all melted down or can you fill up the pipe more by going longer?

Not sure what you're asking here.

5. Once you start getting high, how long should you wait until your next hit?

Depends on the person, but smoking it you can expect to feel the full effect very quickly <5mins. In reality, you'll probably keep trying to take another hit because meth is fiendish like that. So in other words, try not to take another hit - it's just your brain craving more and you probably won't get any higher.

I would recommend dabbing it (instantly vaporizing). Smoking in a pipe seems to be time consuming and wasteful.

I know if u dont melt it down really good at the start the first hit is always super nasty/salty. So i can see truth in there somewhere... But I mostly smoke out of a bong with a percolator now... that seems to be the most common these days. I mean shit, walk into any smoke shop now and all u see is meth pipes and bongs. Then theres a little section off to the side that has weed products lol.

^ hope you don't fill the bong with water, methamphetamine is pretty water soluble so you'd loose some

I tend to prefer percolating/bubbling it these days as well. You won't lose too much good stuff filtering through water mate. Don't forget, once liberated from the hcl by heat, meth base is oily and pretty water insoluble.

I would recommend dabbing it (instantly vaporizing). Smoking in a pipe seems to be time consuming and wasteful.

From what I've seen on these boards it would be difficult to properly vape methamp using a dab rig that doesn't use an enail, and even then it isn't as practical/user friendly as a normal oil pipe.