• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ice for Kratom Withdrawal?

Need a little help.
Quick history - 5 pretty full years of opi abuse. (May 2014 to April 2019. At my worst 120 to 150 mgs daily of hydros or oxys whichever was around.) 14 months of buprenorphine (April 2019 to June 2020), 2.5 months of methadone (June 13 to August 28), then almost 2 months of Kratom (Sept. 7 to now). No more than 15 grams in any day. I unwittingly was ignorant to the duration of the methadone withdrawal. I thought my short run wouldn't be that bad to ct from seeing i was only taking 25mgs of methadone daily...i was wrong. I had burned my bupe bridge when i switched to the full agonist. ( i thought it would be easier to jump off a full agonist rather than the partial agonist that is bupe.) Wrong...lol. I had burned my opi bridge long ago when i decided to finally quit. so...Kratom was my answer to the protracted methadone withdrawal. It seemed to have worked, except when i tried to stop the Kratom three days ago, i got hit with killer withdrawal symptoms after 48-50 hours. Not methadone level withdrawal, but enough to where I don't want to go through it.
Little more history - 30+ year cannabis enthusiast. Played with hallucinogenics in college. Never tried coke (Len Bias death really affected me). Played weekend warrior with meth for a while in my youth.
A friend suggested i do uber small bumps of meth for a few days. I have been checking into it and am thinking of giving it a try.
Good idea...??? If so...how frequently should I ingest?? How many days is too many in a row??
any help is appreciated...thanks

Need a little help.
Quick history - 5 pretty full years of opi abuse. (May 2014 to April 2019. At my worst 120 to 150 mgs daily of hydros or oxys whichever was around.) 14 months of buprenorphine (April 2019 to June 2020), 2.5 months of methadone (June 13 to August 28), then almost 2 months of Kratom (Sept. 7 to now). No more than 15 grams in any day. I unwittingly was ignorant to the duration of the methadone withdrawal. I thought my short run wouldn't be that bad to ct from seeing i was only taking 25mgs of methadone daily...i was wrong. I had burned my bupe bridge when i switched to the full agonist. ( i thought it would be easier to jump off a full agonist rather than the partial agonist that is bupe.) Wrong...lol. I had burned my opi bridge long ago when i decided to finally quit. so...Kratom was my answer to the protracted methadone withdrawal. It seemed to have worked, except when i tried to stop the Kratom three days ago, i got hit with killer withdrawal symptoms after 48-50 hours. Not methadone level withdrawal, but enough to where I don't want to go through it.
Little more history - 30+ year cannabis enthusiast. Played with hallucinogenics in college. Never tried coke (Len Bias death really affected me). Played weekend warrior with meth for a while in my youth.
A friend suggested i do uber small bumps of meth for a few days. I have been checking into it and am thinking of giving it a try.
Good idea...??? If so...how frequently should I ingest?? How many days is too many in a row??

Just taper the kratom bro. I used to use 25-30g of kratom per day for a few years and the withdrawals were pretty bad, and they would hit me around the 20-24 hour mark.

What I did is I slowly tapered down to 8g/day, then I just started taking kratom every other day instead of every day. Now I can stop any time I want with zero withdrawal.

It's really not that bad in comparison to something like methadone anyways. I'm pretty sure a lot of what you're experiencing may be psychological. Over all these years after withdrawaling so many times from different things, including about 6 times going cold turkey on H/fent I have realized that I am more sensitive to withdrawal now than I used to be. It's just psychological, though, it's not real.

also.... you're friend is kinda a fucking idiot for telling you to take tiny bumps of meth.... im 110% sure you'd probably end up using more than a tiny bump. He's just trying to help though, and yeah it might help, but you also might just become a tweaker.

SNORTING METH IS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO GET OVER SOMETHING LIKE KRATOM WITHDRAWAL

you sound like you are early in recovery, especially if your homie is telling you to smoke meth, so I'm not sure if you're trying to get sober or just stop using opioids

either way good luck man

Omg. @SnafuInTheVoid is so right.

Why in the world would you want to resort to meth to get off kratom? Meth is so addictive. If you have an addiction problem, meth is something you need to stay very far away from.
With that being said, I can see how it would work, but dont do it unless using meth occasionally is something you normally do.
Tapering down on the kratom sounds like the smartest bet. If you got off all the other stuff, you can definitely get off kratom.

Good for you getting clean.

Just taper the kratom bro. I used to use 25-30g of kratom per day for a few years and the withdrawals were pretty bad, and they would hit me around the 20-24 hour mark.

What I did is I slowly tapered down to 8g/day, then I just started taking kratom every other day instead of every day. Now I can stop any time I want with zero withdrawal.

It's really not that bad in comparison to something like methadone anyways. I'm pretty sure a lot of what you're experiencing may be psychological. Over all these years after withdrawaling so many times from different things, including about 6 times going cold turkey on H/fent I have realized that I am more sensitive to withdrawal now than I used to be. It's just psychological, though, it's not real.

also.... you're friend is kinda a fucking idiot for telling you to take tiny bumps of meth.... im 110% sure you'd probably end up using more than a tiny bump. He's just trying to help though, and yeah it might help, but you also might just become a tweaker.

SNORTING METH IS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO GET OVER SOMETHING LIKE KRATOM WITHDRAWAL

you sound like you are early in recovery, especially if your homie is telling you to smoke meth, so I'm not sure if you're trying to get sober or just stop using opioids

either way good luck man
Thanks...!!! I appreciate all the info and advice.
Trying to finally be clean after a long chapter in life. I do believe you have something with the psycho-somatic nature of protracted withdrawals. I'll do some reading.
Got some quality cannabis (ive smoked for 35 yrs and wont ever stop that. lol) so im gonna taper waaaaay down for a week then thc myself crazy for 60-72hrs.
Just have to prepare mentally...thanks so much for the reply

Thanks...!!! I appreciate all the info and advice.
Trying to finally be clean after a long chapter in life. I do believe you have something with the psycho-somatic nature of protracted withdrawals. I'll do some reading.
Got some quality cannabis (ive smoked for 35 yrs and wont ever stop that. lol) so im gonna taper waaaaay down for a week then thc myself crazy for 60-72hrs.
Just have to prepare mentally...thanks so much for the reply
Preparing yourself mentally is the key. You got this.

Need a little help.
You off kratom? I have been on and off kratom since 2016, currently been on it for around a year daily. Meth helped when I would have to go a few days without methadone, but meth majorly worsens kratom withdrawal for me as soon as the kratom wears off. Pure torture. My main gripe with any opioid withdrawal ever is restlessness, and kratom withdrawal makes me very restless in fact as bad as stuff like methadone just less physical stuff but the restlessness makes or breaks me honestly.